few questions- exp bug, builds

+
few questions- exp bug, builds

1) what is this exp bug and how do i recognize and avoid it (ie. downgrading patches), and are there any other bugs I need to look out for?

2) What is a fun build in this game? I played a hybrid in tw2 and i liked it, but it seems ill advised in tw3- are swords or signs more fun? I was thinking i might just put 1 in each with each alternate lvl (ie. 1 point in muscle memory, then 1pt in igni, and so on..)

Just save before you complete a quest. Also, I have not had any issues with this xp bug but the reports are that if you complete a quest 6 levels below or above you, you wont get awarded xp. I can't complete a quest thats 6 above me, 4-5 is my max so I haven't had this issue and honestly, 6 levels below recommendation would only give me like 25 pts max? So I am not worried about losing xp from a below level quest personally.

I have no idea on builds though. My strategy guide has offered like 3-4 builds to use but I am doing my own thing, primarily a mage build, using sword only for defense. I have a full griffins set for boost to Signs as well. I like it so far! Great thing is for 1000 crowns, you can buy a reset from merchants any time you want to reallocate skill points. So just play around! I know I will down the road! Take care fellow witcher!

-Z

lol 8 years and 3 games, and they still havent fixed the twitching hair either eh

---------- Updated at 04:18 AM ----------

is it normal to get like 4 exp from killing 2 green level 6's (i'm only lvl 3)? if so, that's pretty stupid.. thats like 500 kills a level

---------- Updated at 04:27 AM ----------

I also just got 1 exp for the quest where i pay the old man for the enterance to the bloody baron's castle.. is that a bug?

Signs build is a lot of fun. I guess Alchemy would be too, but I am not going for that one, so I'll let someone else explain that. For Signs, you can use Axii Puppet to make an enemy fight for you. That's a lot of fun. With alternate Yrden, you can troll enemies as it will keep hitting enemies that are near the sign. With Igni, you can burn enemies and the damage is percentage based on enemy's max HP, so you can get loads of damage. Alt Quen can heal you in battle.

All of these combined, plus using swords, the combat can be a lot of fun.

Signs build is a lot of fun. I guess Alchemy would be too, but I am not going for that one, so I'll let someone else explain that. For Signs, you can use Axii Puppet to make an enemy fight for you. That's a lot of fun. With alternate Yrden, you can troll enemies as it will keep hitting enemies that are near the sign. With Igni, you can burn enemies and the damage is percentage based on enemy's max HP, so you can get loads of damage. Alt Quen can heal you in battle.

All of these combined, plus using swords, the combat can be a lot of fun.

is there a repair mod or something for nfinate durability? I find it stupid- this isn't a mmo- we don't need a time or gold sink. and ittakes like15 minutes to go red.

There are mods to fix some of the common annoyances - slower gear degradation, wealthier merchants ... Hopefully a better inventory or more effective sorting options soon. There's also a mod for bigger base inventory limit, though that smacks more of cheating to me, given that buying +100 saddlebags is pretty easy.

XP bug is crippling but you can use the debug console to award yourself the appropriate amounts of missed XP if you play on PC.

is there a repair mod or something for nfinate durability? I find it stupid- this isn't a mmo- we don't need a time or gold sink. and ittakes like15 minutes to go red.

I am sure there'll be something for that on nexus mods site, so check that. I am not using any mods currently, but really thinking about the weight one as I'm running close lol.

There are mods to fix some of the common annoyances - slower gear degradation, wealthier merchants ... Hopefully a better inventory or more effective sorting options soon. There's also a mod for bigger base inventory limit, though that smacks more of cheating to me, given that buying +100 saddlebags is pretty easy.

XP bug is crippling but you can use the debug console to award yourself the appropriate amounts of missed XP if you play on PC.

whats the gear one called? i searched durability and repair with no avail

Top Bottom