Addressing the no XP Glitch

+
I can't help myself with leaving the game aside and having to wait a week and a half for this glitch that's been ruining my experience in the game these days to be fixed so I am trying to find other ways to spend my time while playing, other things to do without being affected by the glitch. I've explored almost every ? area, picked up all the available for my level quests; does anyone here know if the treasure hunt quests should normally reward the player with xp points? Can I finish them without having to be worried if I am to lose more xp points like the main, secondary and contract missions?

Okay, I found some semi-solution for some higher level characters. To be honest, it's rather shitty solution, and it only shows how desperate I am to play this game (because beside this bug, it's very awesome game).
Allright, so... There is a glitch (I think) that enable certain cyclop on Skellige respawn infinite (after you meditate). This some cyclop gives you some decent amount of XP so you can grind on it. Just check number of XP that quest should reward you, and grind it. This is video that shows where te cylop is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn-MFKvlJ5M
Like I said, that's no perfect solution. Only for desperates like myself :p.

Hey guys I just want to ask when did this bug occured for consoles? I play on Xbox one and I wasn't aware of the bug until now when I realized I got no exp for couple side quests. Is that since the 1.03 patch?

Pretty sure it never happened to me during 1.02, noticed it happening a few days after 1.03 was deployed on PS4.

I notice some quests give you EXP when you get the "quest updated" message. Maybe some quests dont payout at the end but reward you throughout that quest?

So I have made a seperate post about this but just trying to get the word around about my discovery and I expect any of people will have this tracked so here it is here :). Hope it works for you :) :

So I was appear to be experiencing this. I did not get the 500 exp for finishing the Whoreson Junior quest but thought f*ck it I will carry on. Doing the, "Play's the thing quest". Currently been getting exp again.

As I write this as I have reloaded a save because I notice this I am level 15 and 931/1500.

I then got a batch of exp after the play had finished:

I noticed this because I levelled to level 16 and thought huh that doesn't add up. So I checked my new exp and it says 291/1500

This means I just gained 860 exp. I gained 360 exp but I got an extra 500 somewhere. I have read that completing the Whoreson Junior quest gives 500 so not sure what this means for the bug. Seems like you get the exp stealth/delayed style!

Might be worth checking your exp every time you get some to see of you are getting extra which is in fact your missing exp that is delayed. I have recreated this twice for this example.

Hi there everyone- I'm not a hard core gamer by any means -- typically only play 1-2 PC games a year, so sorry for a newbie question. I followed the dev's advice and played this weekend even though my instincts said not to. :(

I often do side quests (not main storyline) to level up my character a bit especially when the main quests start to feel too challenging, and I've noticed many situations where few to little points were awarded (all were done within 2-3 levels of my actual level.)

After completing the following quests, I only gained 1 level (barely). How do I "catch up"? Or have I permanently lost these points? If I do find a cheat to restore these points, how many should I restore? Or will I need to replay these levels once the fix it out (I hope that isn't the answer because it really saps the fun out of the game).

Broken Flowers
3/7 cat school finding missions
Troll near Oxenford
Following the thread
Journey to Skelligie
Two monster dens with insects to South of Velen
Neker monster den with rock troll

In some cases, I got points for individual steps along the way, but no awards at the end except for one or two.

Can someone with more experience with game glitches give me some advice? Do I open a ticket with technical support? Thanks...

People replying to my post on Game FAQs about this are experiencing the same thing. Could be on to something here :)

At the same time we want to shed some light on the issue. First of all, it doesn't impact the game balance in any significant way. Also, you will be able to finish the game with your character achieving a level within the threshold we had in mind when we designed the game.

Can anyone confirm this to be true? Especially on death march? I want to be able to get to level 35 and complete the game. Is that still achievable?

Last edited:
guys. if you happen to get the XP glitch, can you simply load a previous save, avoiding the last thing you did (that triggered the XP glitch) and just continue with other quests, thus avoiding the glitch entirely?

Is this possible?

Me stopped main quest, wandered round on Roach playing Gwent across lands, remind me of Murky Waters. Gone back to new city now and get XP again.

Just got my next exp. Awarded 1000 exp for At break neck speed but added 1005. Seems like it is working. Looks like it attached the missing exp to another quest.

---------- Updated at 10:33 PM ----------

Ok so it's happened again. My experience was level 16 296/1500. I paid the guy 1000 gold for passage to Skelligge. I was awarded 100 exp. I check my exp at the next opportunity after cutscenes and it has actually levelled me from
16 - 17. My exp is now level 17 396/1500 so it has given me 1600 exp total which was 1500 more than indicated which is an entire level!

Last edited:
Hi all, now i finish "Novigrad's fires" or how it named on english, name of quest is grey and i got no EXP for finish it - is it bug or grey quest taking 0 exp because they too easy for my lvl?

I cannot continue with this game since 3 days since I get no XP from any quest. I finished everything in white orchard and velen and the only thing left that is possible within my level range is going to skellige. I did the skellige step and got no XP, thus stopped with this step and will re-do it once it is fixed.

Having said that, I am losing my patience and being kept off playing a game for too long, in this situation I am kind of forced to because the devs take too long, causes to lose interest in the game.

On top of that; the major lackluster communication what the issues are from the devs to it's consumerbase. This is one of the worst I've ever experienced and it'seems almost on par with EA and Ubisoft. It feels like 90% of CDPR went on holidays after release.

This is a prime example that even CDPR, having the game delayed for 3 months more can't release a bug-free game, and we are here with a game breaking bug. Another example not to pre-purchase games in early-adopters mode. Better always wait half a year and then buy the game instead of being one of the first and eating the dirt, or just pirate it.

Last edited:
Ok so further testing yielded really interesting results. This time I completed the passage to Skellig quest before finishing the poet quest. This time instead of 1600 exp I got 600 exp, (as mentioned in my earlier post it should only give 100 points). Is this because it didn't have as much exp to make up from the other quests I did on my previous experimentation so there was less exp to make up??!!!

Last edited:
My personal experience: by doing all the side quests and contracts within level range, I already became overleveled when in comparison to the level requirements of main quests (i.e. right now I am at level 16 vs main quest's level 12). I don't know how many side quests and contracts are giving me xp, but I do know that they have pushed me to a comfortable level range to tackle with main quests.

If I would really got ALL the missing xp, I would be so overleveled that even main quests are turning up gray for me; in such a case, the main quests wouldn't give me experience anyway.

Go fight a level 28 Water Hag and tell me how "overpowered" you are.

Top Bottom