Witcher 3 music

+
Is this song still in the game? I just arrived in Skellige and the band plays the same music at the inn as in Novigrad - which is disappointing, would've been nice if they played the song below. Wouldn't it make more sense? The characters, the accents, the scenery and the exploration music are all very distinct so why not the inn music? ???

Last edited:
You guys are easily impressed with the soundtrack, because Witcher 3 soundtrack is fairly generic... same song per region, and when you're about to battle you get that annoying woman with her crazy throat singing yelling away like a broad...

They could have added some ambiance to the world at least.... you could spend hours in a region stuck listening to just one song..
Skyrim had a few hours of atmosphere ambient music alone that was excellent and added variety, check them out YouTube if you don't believe me, it's pretty great actually some of the best video game soundtrack of all time, maybe THE best... hopping with modding toolkit someone makes a custom soundtrack for Witcher 3... base one is too generic as i said

Music taste is basically subjective but I think TW3 has done a great job in creating memorable music.
There are so many great tracks I can't really choose one as a favorite.
Tracks like Whispers of Oxenfurt, Cloak and Dagger (the one that plays in every horse racing) and Geralt of Rivia (main menu theme) are very memorable, while basically every theme of each region in Skellige are simply soothing and able to transport me back into the game every time I listen to them.

Skyrim had less music than Witcher 3

You sure about that noob ? check your facts :facepalm:

Witcher 3 soundtrack is 35 songs at 1:20ish minutes, (I have it downloaded as an extra through GOG galaxy) while Skyrim soundtrack 3:40ish minutes and that doesn't even include the atmospheric/ambient songs which is another 40 minutes

a short You Tube search will show you this as well, should have done that before talking

Witcher 3 soundtrack is 35 songs at 1:20ish minutes, (I have it downloaded as an extra through GOG galaxy) while Skyrim soundtrack 3:40ish minutes and that doesn't even include the atmospheric/ambient songs which is another 40 minutes

a short You Tube search will show you this as well, should have done that before talking

You do realize that is not the full OST right?
there are so many songs that I remember in the game that are nowhere in that OST.
Did you even finish the game... noob?

Half of the songs are missing on the official soundtrack, you can find the full one on youtube. it is 2+ hours(and many of the songs even on extended ones are very short while ingame they are much longer)

But yeah, Skyrim one is still longer. But more worse in quality :p The skyrim ost is pretty... boring, like the rest of the game.

There's quite a lot of ambient music in the game, I just arrived in Skellige and the music is very good... and not just the 'The Fields of Ard Skellig' .

But I can agree that there's a little too much repetition in the music, especially in No Man's Land.

You do realize that is not the full OST right?
there are so many songs that I remember in the game that are nowhere in that OST.
Did you even finish the game... noob?

whats your point exactly ? nobody cares about what you remember or not, the fact I mentioned is that Skyrim soundtrack is longer than Witcher, which it is, so really whats your point aside from just talking....

And CaptainWaffle I disagree strongly, I'm sure most gamers overall would tell you that the Skyrim soundtrack is superior to Witcher 3... I think especially when you add in the atmospheric ambient music, it just a lot better than Witcher 3 soundtrack... but anyway dont want to get off topic... all I was trying to say is Witcher 3 could have done a bit more with their soundtrack.... for a game people will spend HUNDREDS of hours on, they only have not even 2 hours worth of music..

whats your point exactly ? nobody cares about what you remember or not, the fact I mentioned is that Skyrim soundtrack is longer than Witcher, which it is, so really whats your point aside from just talking....

And CaptainWaffle I disagree strongly, I'm sure most gamers overall would tell you that the Skyrim soundtrack is superior to Witcher 3... I think especially when you add in the atmospheric ambient music, it just a lot better than Witcher 3 soundtrack... but anyway dont want to get off topic... all I was trying to say is Witcher 3 could have done a bit more with their soundtrack.... for a game people will spend HUNDREDS of hours on, they only have not even 2 hours worth of music..

Hello, Witcher3 composer here. You might wanna check your sources - Witcher 3 soundtrack is 6 hrs long. And if you'd count all the layers, variation segments etc. (so all adaptive/dynamic stuff that is happening under the hood) the number could be even higher.
The fact that TW3 Official Soundtrack compilation is only 70-something minutes long is because we were limited to a single audio CD per SKU. So we decided to pick the best (in our opinion) tracks that would show overall tone and feeling of the game.

Skyrim's Official Deluxe Soundtrack (that super limited one, sold by Jeremy Soule himself; I've got one of these, with Soule's autograph btw) was published as 4CD SKU, with 3 CD's packed with music tracks and additional fourth with sound/musical soundscapes, called "Skyrim Atmospheres". It's even featured as a single track, with duration of 40-something minutes.
I'd like to remind you that on some markets (I don't know whether it was worldwide or not) standard edition of Skyrim's sountrack had only 4-5 pieces. Does it mean Skyrim soundtrack had only 10-20 minutes...? Oh, and if you bought collectors edition you didn't even get the soundtrack (got myself one of these, had to buy soundtrack separately).

It's impossible to say which soundtrack is longer (you'd had to extract Skyrim's game files and compare them with Witcher3's sources) and really - there's absolutely no point of arguing about that. The only thing common to Skyrim and Witcher3 is general genre - RPG. All other things are different: setting, main protagonist, approach to open world and storyline(s), combat system, and - also - music direction and it's implementation. Try to compare stool with a couch. You sit on both and that's it when it comes to similarities. Good luck with that.

And by the way - I encourage you to play the Wild Hunt and give it a try. You might even find out there's a lot of ambience/atmospheric music as well. Literally hours of it. And it's a really fun game :)

Last edited:
I actually preferred the Witcher 1 & 2's soundtrack to TW3. Not that the music is bad in TW3, but it just didn't do much for me. A Nearly Peaceful Place is probably the most beautiful song I've ever heard in a video game. Nothing even remotely close in this one.

Next time check your sources before you post something please.
You think Skyrim has better soundtrack, fine, that's your opinion... but don't bring up hard data when you have no idea what you're talking about

Just woke up with one of The Witcher 3 songs in my head. To me this music is among the best, if not THE best made for any video game I've ever played. Total War: Attila might come close.

Just want to personally thank the composer and musicians who made this incredible piece of work. It's like a combination of the Bulgarian Women's Choir and Carl Orff's 'O Fortuna' mixed with Stravinski's 'Rites of Spring' mixed with...with...well it's amazing. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello, Witcher3 composer here. You might wanna check your sources - Witcher 3 soundtrack is 6 hrs long. And if you'd count all the layers, variation segments etc. (so all adaptive/dynamic stuff that is happening under the hood) the number could be even higher.
The fact that TW3 Official Soundtrack compilation is only 70-something minutes long is because we were limited to a single audio CD per SKU. So we decided to pick the best (in our opinion) tracks that would show overall tone and feeling of the game.

Skyrim's Official Deluxe Soundtrack (that super limited one, sold by Jeremy Soule himself; I've got one of these, with Soule's autograph btw) was published as 4CD SKU, with 3 CD's packed with music tracks and additional fourth with sound/musical soundscapes, called "Skyrim Atmospheres". It's even featured as a single track, with duration of 40-something minutes.
I'd like to remind you that on some markets (I don't know whether it was worldwide or not) standard edition of Skyrim's sountrack had only 4-5 pieces. Does it mean Skyrim soundtrack had only 10-20 minutes...? Oh, and if you bought collectors edition you didn't even get the soundtrack (got myself one of these, had to buy soundtrack separately).

It's impossible to say which soundtrack is longer (you'd had to extract Skyrim's game files and compare them with Witcher3's sources) and really - there's absolutely no point of arguing about that. The only thing common to Skyrim and Witcher3 is general genre - RPG. All other things are different: setting, main protagonist, approach to open world and storyline(s), combat system, and - also - music direction and it's implementation. Try to compare stool with a couch. You sit on both and that's it when it comes to similarities. Good luck with that.

And by the way - I encourage you to play the Wild Hunt and give it a try. You might even find out there's a lot of ambience/atmospheric music as well. Literally hours of it. And it's a really fun game :)

Just wanted to stop by to thank you and your colleagues for this amazing soundtrack, Marcin. Outstanding work.

skyrim's generic music cant even be compared to TW3's music,, I have the full OSTs of more than 30 games, and TW3 is by far one of the bests.

Its not TW1 level, but I think it certainly surpassed TW2. especially the instruments and sounds make this game's music one like no other, which one can like or not, but makes it objectively irreplaceable.

@Marcin Przybyłowicz my thanks and congratulations, I had very high expectations for the TW3's music and it ended up even better than that.

Appreciate the reply, I didn't quite understand the difference between official soundtrack and game soundtrack, so there's more music in the game than we see on the OST ?? I didn't know that, but also I'm only about 30 hours into the game so maybe I havent seen or heard enough to judge.
The music in Witcher 3 is very appropriate for the locations and period I understand thats what you guys must have been going for, and in that case you absolutely nailed it and delivered a great soundtrack. I know lots of work must have went into it and I never said it wasn't good like some of the other posters here might think, I just thought it could have used more ambient atmosphere to it like Skyrim.

btw Basil Poledouris and Hans Zimmer are easily my 2 favorite composers ever, I'm sure as a composer yourself you know all about them better than I ever could, anyway keep up to good work there guys

Now if we could only get a response in the other threads from the guy who did the sword combat that would be great, because that guy really needs to explain himself heh

Last edited:
Top Bottom