People want Gwent as a Standalone Game

+
Like I said. Gwent should be a fully standalone game and not a game inside a game. It should get his own game. Would be better. Because I guess there would be more people playing gwent then. Not everyone likes RPG or TW.

This is horrible suggestion. Why would anyone want this? You guys want to pay for a free game?

You guys want CDPR to focus on this instead of focusing on Witcher 3? Why would anyone want this?

I'm so a shame of you guys.

This is horrible suggestion. Why would anyone want this? You guys want to pay for a free game?

You guys want CDPR to focus on this instead of focusing on Witcher 3? Why would anyone want this?

I'm so a shame of you guys.

well for one thing witcher 3 is done. yes there are still plenty of optimizations to be made, polishing, expansions, redkits but for all intents and purposes, it's done. The focus can be anything but will most probably be Cyberpunk 2077 now.
All we're saying is if CDPR wants to give an online and/or mobile gaming component to Gwent, we would support it.
Perhaps a small game of 10 dollars with maybe more cards + balance? It's has a potential to be a great seller and there's nothing to be ashamed of in expressing that.

well for one thing witcher 3 is done. yes there are still plenty of optimizations to be made, polishing, expansions, redkits but for all intents and purposes, it's done. The focus can be anything but will most probably be Cyberpunk 2077 now.
All we're saying is if CDPR wants to give an online and/or mobile gaming component to Gwent, we would support it.
Perhaps a small game of 10 dollars with maybe more cards + balance? It's has a potential to be a great seller and there's nothing to be ashamed of in expressing that.

I just worry that this won't end well. My biggest fear for PC gaming for any franchise is the following: Early access, DRM, season pass, microtransaction and paid DLC. I don't know why gamers give in but it sure suck.

tbh i'd just like the physical cards from the game, but that already exists as an xbox exclusive. oh well.

Hey CDPR, How About A Gwent Card Design Contest?

I know you guys are probably thinking of this.

Maybe let the folks draw a design; then have a custom name and effect...it could be a weather card, or a unit card, or leader card. Maybe make the winning card(s) available for free DLC? The winners could get.....something nice?

while i like Gwent i don't think it really needs a standalone game when there is already the witcher adventurer game

I don't think it would be half as interesting as Hearthstone. Game is all about strong cards really. It lacks depth.
Exactly, gwent gets boring when you start picking up the op cards, its almost gurantee win, unless your extremely unlucky and get the worst hand possible.

I love Gwent and it would be awesome if it were released as a standalone digital and physical game.

HOWEVER, it needs some serious balancing. Spies are OP, if you have spies your chances of winning jump up 50% if you know how to use them and when. Then there's the betting of a card, lets say I play against one of you guys, we agree beforehand and each stake a rare card on the game, now let's say I lose or the other guy does, but I already have said card at home - what happens then? I just hoard rare cards and sell them? That's not only unfair it kind of defeats the good spirit I think.

Then there's unique cards like for example Geralt of Rivia, how would one get those cards to begin with? Buy them online? And then have to stake that card for a game?? If he loses it it means he basically lost the money he gave for it.

It needs to be worked on before being close to release, also, free to play would ruin the game and make it pay to win, it needs to be a one time pay thing and then if you so choose to there will be a card market that is fully OPTIONAL in case you want a specific card/s.

Finally, it needs a LOT bigger variety in cards if it's to be made a real card game, digital or physical or both. Personally I'd rather have physical but finding people to play with will be a pain in the ass in my situation :(

Gwent - Real Card colletions - Possible to buy?

Hi!
I really want to know (or this is just a wish) if there are real Gwent card collection to buy??

With the Witcher 3 collector's edition I received two cards deck, one of the Northern Realms and the other the Nilfgaards.
Though not ALL the cards from the collection are there. Beside it I wish to have even the Monster cards and Elven cards.

Do you know, or if RED read this, is it will be possible in the future??

Le jeu de carte Gwynt en vrai ?

Bonjour,

J'aimerais savoir si CD PROJEKT RED comptais crée un vrai jeu de carte avec les mêmes decks qu'en jeu. J'adore vraiment ce jeu et un fan essaye de crée le Gwynt à imprimé soit même, mais la qualité n'est pas vraiment bonne. C'est pour sa que j'aimerai qu'il y est un vrai jeu, avec de vrai cartes et un vrai plateau. Beaucoup de personnes aime ce jeu et j'aimerai que mon message soit lu par un responsable de chez CD.

Je tien aussi à remercier CD pour Witcher 3, il est vraiment excellent et je continuerai à leur faire confiance et à acheté leurs jeux.

I want it too!
I'm not sure but wasn't there an official thread started by someone from the RED team saying something like: 'Right now we are not planning to do it... but you never know what happens if many of you are interested in it.'

Id pay some serious cash for a gwent standalone game that lets me play against other people. This game is so addicting, its quite frightening.

The thing about Gwent is that often times losing the first round is the best strategy. I try to get the opponent to play the most cards he will while I play the least and hopefully have res/dummy to get them out. Also burn all spy cards this round when you start to acquire them. Keep your deck as close to 22 as possible, don't fill it with useless cards even though you can have as many as you want (but special cards I usually have 10/10 in the deck). I find playing Northern the easiest to win in most situations. Monster is too hard to get enough good cards for a long time. Not a big fan of squirrel or nilfgaard decks. I think the worst thing to do is focus on winning every round, because then you get sucked into burning too many cards. Also, avoid putting down cards matching or higher than the value of your opponent (aside from heroes) to keep from getting scortched (or try to burn his scortch with a high card by itself and not playing others until he passes). Avoid putting down 10 total strength in the melee row in case he has a dragon. Snow is a good way to build up a force if you can then sun it away, and very effective if you can get monster deck players to burn their vampire/necker/arachas type cards that summon all of the same type of card (or smugglers with squirrels). Its almost always good to dummy any spies the opponent places on you and send them back to him, unless its the last round and you need to win it. Also res them 2nd round if you couldn't dummy, and dummy on res cards is always a good idea if you have more cards to revive (and do it while they are still on the board since dummy can't bring them back later rounds).

My ideal rounds I have 0 score on the first round and the opponent has over 30 and maybe 5-6 cards left, which I get by playing a high value card, another card if I can res it later, and any special cards I can give up to get him to play another round until he passes at which point I dummy out as many as I can. Unless the guy really sucks, I almost always lose the first round (if he sucks I just whip him quickly in 2 rounds without a third).

---------- Updated at 05:47 PM ----------

That was in response to the people saying gwent is too hard and all about having powerful cards, but really with just a couple decent cards and the right sacrifices you can win from the start.

I would totally love a standalone version of gwent with both single player (vs. AI) and multiplayer modes. Single player would be great if you could choose match play, basically against the computer, or tournament play, against all the opponents from the game, in order of ability.

Seriously, gwent totally rocks and I'm so addicted to it, I'm sure I've spent an equal amount of time playing gwent as exploring and progressing the story forward!

Top Bottom