Wraiths are just bad?

+
Wraiths are just bad?

So is it just me or are wraiths just unfair? They can only take real damage if they're in the Yrden circle and their attack speed is quite high, not to mention if you hit them to much they just teleport behind you and open up with 3 strong attacks that are really fast and briefly stun you if you're blocking. It's even worse if you have to fight more than one and they are constantly teleporting behind you over and over again. Gets really, really, really bad if you happen to be fighting more than one in interiors/caves or in an enclosed space, you have absolutely no room to maneuver and just constantly rolling trying not to get hit.

Hit them with the moon dust bomb and they take the right amount of damage just like with Yrden

while under the effect of yrden the cannot teleport (unless its a relic boss) and that makes it quite easy for the player to kill them, the problem is when they are more than 2 and they are constantly in/out of the circle and they keep swarming you and you cant roll, yes thats a problem

source: botchling quest

they take some effort, they're good

they take plenty of damage outside yrden, and the strong attack always happens after they pop in so you just gotta know to dodge away immediately

they are infuriating sometimes, but thats just a reminder that they're not an enemy easily defeated by buttonmash

Only noonwraiths need yrden sign.
Wraiths are really simple to defeat. You can attack them with fast attack, and you need only be focus on when the wraiths pop up behind you. Then, you have to roll and avoid that attack completely (when the wraith is blurred) because it does a lot of damage.

they take some effort, they're good

they take plenty of damage outside yrden, and the strong attack always happens after they pop in so you just gotta know to dodge away immediately

they are infuriating sometimes, but thats just a reminder that they're not an enemy easily defeated by buttonmash
I don't even get a chance to attack most of the time, I go into the fight with Quen, cast Yrden and bum rushed by like 3 of them and when I get some distance between them, they just teleport into strong attack constantly.

I don't even get a chance to attack most of the time, I go into the fight with Quen, cast Yrden and bum rushed by like 3 of them and when I get some distance between them, they just teleport into strong attack constantly.
if they are in the yrden circle u can keep attacking as long as the wraiths teleports away without getting hit, however if hes not in the circle and u use quen he'll be able to attack back.
when he hits u with quen sign active its like if hes under the effect of yrden for a short time.
if the wrath teleports into the yrden circle it will still be immune while he spins, but he wont be anymore right after that

Wraiths are really simple to defeat. You can attack them with fast attack, and you need only be focus on when the wraiths pop up behind you. Then, you have to roll and avoid that attack completely (when the wraith is blurred) because it does a lot of damage.
Wraiths sometimes can't be hit unless you use Yrden/Moon dust, one of them isn't bad, but having three of them constantly popping behind you and stunlocking you is incredibly annoying, more so on Death March.

Wraiths are some of the hardest enemies in the game, especially when you need to face more than two at a time. Unfortunately, they seem to pop up quite a lot at the beginning of the game when things are much more difficult.

Tier-2 Yrden works quite well, since it repeatedly hits them for decent damage, briefly staggers, and strips the incorporeal buff same as tier-1 Yrden.

Tier-2 Yrden works quite well, since it repeatedly hits them for decent damage, briefly staggers, and strips the incorporeal buff same as tier-1 Yrden.
Yeah, but I'm trying to do an alchemy build and I'm only like, level 8 and on Death March.

Last edited:
Yeah, but I'm trying to do an alchemy build and I'm only like, level 8 and on Death March.
Well, before the Yrden upgrade I found them frustratingly hard on DM as well. When there are many of them, there's always at least one that teleports behind your back. And the wraith section in the pellar's quest was just infuriating (until I realized I didn't actually have to kill them there).

I'm only level 7, and have also found them difficult on Death March, but I quite like that your powers are so important to these encounters. Seems like (much like the second game) many of the oils, etc. can be neglected without any great combat penalty.

Would be nice if 3 perfectly timed blocks (feint-counter attack against monsters) in a row when they do their teleport combo would result in massive damage to them, would provide a risk/reward scenario as an alternative to rolling away (normal dodges aren't sufficient against this combo)

Or Nightwraiths and their ilk.

i actually liked to face wraiths... i got fast attack specialized, so i was always able to dispatch them with few fast hits.. (unless they were greatly over my level).. and they give quite costly loot, so killing them is quite profitable..

They are not that hard. You have plenty of time to roll out of the way when they teleport, and then you can just use yrden and spam fast attacks.
The only time I found them really difficult was in the botchling quest, where you have to fight several at once.
The noonwraith and nightwraith bosses can also be tricky, but once you figure out their attack patterns they just end up taking a long time to kill.

Top Bottom