Posting instructions to help with reporting problems

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting instructions to help with reporting problems

Hi Everyone

To help The Witcher team help you with technical issues when you post here, please make sure you include the following in your message:
1. A detailed description of what your problem is (what happens, where it occurs in the game, the more details the better) along with screenshots or video of the problem if possible.
2. The platform you game on (PC, Playstation 4 or Xbox One). This is the General support forum, you may want to post your issue in the sub-forum specific for your platform (PC, PS4, Xbox).
3. If it is on PC, please include your system specs.
4. How often it occurs. (every time I do X, only once, 3 or 4 times, it blocks my progress, etc).

The more details you can give us, the faster we will be able to investigate the issue and be able to help you.

We appreciate everyone's help. :)

CD Project pls fixed bugs:
1)Correct horses!!!
2)The lowest bandit(cannibal) camp (near the Dven Hen). I killed the cannibal and opened the trunk, but the map shows that the camp is not stripped.

Last edited:
Hello, CDProjektRed Team,
First of all, thank you so much for your game The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, I was waiting for 2 years and finally bought Special Edition on PC.
I play with almost all options on low and off except for the quality and resolution wich is 1920x1080. And when I start the game 15 min or less it runs well, but then FPS drops and I get like 5-7 FPS. Nothing but restarting my PC solves the problem. I have to restart PC every 15 minutes.
I have 8GB RAM Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1333Mhz
1GB AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 975, 3616 MHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H
Windows 7 64x
Temperature everywhere is fine.
Drivers and soft updated.
Please, help us guys, we believe in you:)
P.S. I found a lot people with the same issue on other forums.
P.P.S. Please, contact me if my problem will be taken into your consideration.
UPD Patch 1.04 did not help so far.
UPD 2 AMD Driver 15,5 Beta did not help either.

Last edited:
hey guys im running game on 8350 and two sapphire radeon 280x crossfire.
Game crashes every 10-15 minutes, issues began when i left white orchard and patch 1.03 was installed. before that I played 10hrs and had the game crash only once. So I am not sure what caused it.
when im in the inventory screen the game freezes but I can hear background music and controller inputs.
When I highlight items in the inventory everything begins to flicker, the same thing happens when I highlight cursor on the world map.
When on horseback the ground begins to flicker and tear.
The game is basically unplayable plz fix.

Dear Staff of CDP Red,
I'm an enthusiastic owner of W3 for PC (I decided to support you with fantastic collectors editon: i'm very happy!)

So, let's go with the problems:

Stutters when Geralts run slowly with horse (I post a video not mine, thanks to uploader)

https://youtu.be/Ky5I5EZB9aA

And similar issue when geralts moves FROM standing still or Walking TO runs.
In this case i haven't found others video for reports it clearly, i hope it's clear to understand.

I suppose it's a problems with animations with effects similar at the "stuttering" but without drops of the FPS.

This issue with the others common issues like stutter during per rendered cutscenes it's very annoying.

I giving you my full trust for fix soon, This and others issue.

Thanks in advance,
~Simone.

System Specs.
Processor: i7-2600K 4.0Ghz
Video Card: GTX-780 Direct CU II
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333 XMP
Hard Disk: SSD OCZ VERTEX 3
Motherboard: Maximus V formula

Last edited:
Pyres of Novigrad (Bug)

Hi Chris.

There is one major Gamebreaking bug in the Pyres of Novigrad quest. The Bug has it's place in the water cellar just after you've talked with Kluhg. In that cellar you are suposed to "Find the secret passage using your Witcher Senses, Then Open it."

That rock can not be pressed, by any means. No matter what possition you are standing in.

http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=449394399

PC (Windows 8.1)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz
16,0 GB RAM
GeForce GTX TITAN X
Asus X99-A

It's There always.. Every single time you go down into that cellar.. The bug is there

Cheers
eyCoco

---
idea:
Perhaps removing some of the obstacles infront of the object im suposed to push, may clear the way, and fix this issue.

Last edited:
Ps4: [bug] main quest " get junior " Roche is not going to his quest marker cannot continue or progess at all. Roche just stays by fire

1st of all thanks for witcher 3, it is just majectic in every way. Played alelready over 80 hours of gameplay since release. Have found a major issue in my travels
1) discovering skellige quest. Find the captain at the golden something. (Cant remember name sorry)
The captain seems to be dead.. as in when i walk into the tavern he will stand breifly the I hear a sword clang and he will drop to the ground with sword in hand and Unnable to speak to. Please help. Its on ps4 disc.

I'm doing the sq honor among thieves I have cleavers men with me and I stormed the arena now it won't let me use my Witcher sence to find the hidden room and get the loot. I play on the ps4.

1. In the mission "final preparations" (Blindingly obvious) where you have to fight the eternal fire and go after Phillipa Eilhart. When i kill the eternal fire, geralt doesn't exit combat mode, which makes it unable to jump across the big hole in the stairs.
2. PS4 (digital copy)
4. Occurs every time, so far i've restarted the mission over and over again, also loaded an old load file and played from there on, still the same problem. Geralt doesn't exit combat mode.This glitch makes me unable to continue the story, and therefore i really need help! thanks
Here is a picture

As you can see in the green the fire eternal is dead but im still in combat mode.

Attachments

• witcher3.jpg
    witcher3.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 70
So i'm playing The Witcher3 for a while . I used to meditate alot ..

Then suddenly now each time I ry to meditate the games says "You cannot do this now" .

I had this problem for 7 days
• I'm not in combat .
• I'm not on water .
• I'm not riding a horse .
• I even finished all the quest that I had when the problem first showed up !

I have tried fast travel , leaving the village , even disconnect the xbox from power !

Nothing works . Please if you have any idea help me .

I'm playing on Xbox one the digtal version of the game

Last edited:
Eye for an Eye. Roche is not under the hanged mans tree. This is a common problem - Google search can confirm. This is a main quest line and needs to be addressed

Also there is no button confirmation to begin talking to Nidas in Black Pearl.

Novigrad, closed city has 2/3 keys found with no yellow object marker to follow.

Sorry if in wrong place I'm new to forums

Game Crash While Loading Previous Saves

After losing in Gwent to Priscilla during the Poet Under Pressure quest, I finished the dialogue and during the fight to free Dandelion afterwards, I loaded up a previous save so I could beat Priscilla before moving on. The game crashed on the loading screen. I turned my XB1 console off and not only can I not load up the previous save, but I can't load any of my saves.

What can I do to fix this? Will this be fixed in the patch tomorrow? Is anyone else having this issue?

Hi Everyone

To help The Witcher team help you with technical issues when you post here, please make sure you include the following in your message:
1. A detailed description of what your problem is (what happens, where it occurs in the game, the more details the better) along with screenshots or video of the problem if possible.
2. The platform you game on (PC, Playstation 4 or Xbox One). This is the General support forum, you may want to post your issue in the sub-forum specific for your platform (PC, PS4, Xbox).
3. If it is on PC, please include your system specs.
4. How often it occurs. (every time I do X, only once, 3 or 4 times, it blocks my progress, etc).

The more details you can give us, the faster we will be able to investigate the issue and be able to help you.

We appreciate everyone's help. :)

I own the Witcher 3 on a PS4 which I bought digitally, the issue which has been bothering me is the crown "cap" .It appears to be in the 60000 crown range and when you go over said threshold and hit a loading screen your crown count lowers by 90% leaving me 100 crowns out of 60000, what I would like to know is if the company is aware of said issue and plans to fix it.Thank you for your time.

Xbox one version won't load files from velen or novigrad and I am unable to go to velen or novigrad after update 1.03. It will only load the cut scene and try to load for a while and then it goes to xbox one desktop. All other areas are fine. I was level 15 and only after 1.03 it started happening. Please help me. Tried reseting, unplugging power, deleting local saves but nothing help.

Hello, I just register for reporting a bug.

On PS4 (Digital Copy) with the following bugs:
-Like pigius say on 2nd. A bandit icon cannot be complete (gray) after I kill cannibals and loot the trunk. It's where the lowest bandit icon near the beach with some monsters and south of CONDYLE. This is everytime I do after reload.

-Abandoned Site with merchant and herbalist, east of LINDENVALE. I completed it but after playing several hours, I found out that mark was "?". I don't remember that was "Abandoned Site (gray)" before changed to "?" or never be discovered and always was "?". I visited this place and the mark still in "?". This is a bug.

- A Person in Distress, north of HANGED MAN'S TREE and close to fake paper quest, with near a group of bandit on horse. I kill all bandit, no key after loot the leader before try to open cage and keep say "Need Key". I reload then kill all bandit, try to open cage, say "Need key", loot the leader, got key and open the cage. This happen once and I resolved the problem. I heard that advice "Make the leader never go out the place or the bug make the key disappear".

- A Person in Distress, BANDITS' CAMP SIGNPOST close to BOATMAKER'S HUT. I kill all bandit, loot the leader and no key. This happen everytime I do. I done 2/4 Person in Distress but one stuck in this bug and the other never try by high level enemies.
Then I find out that I have "Cage key" store in Quest Item in Inventory. This "Cage key" is from other "A Person in Distress" that I already complete. I think this didn't destroy after open the cage in my previous bug or other done. I believe having a cage key in Inventory create a bug or a loop.

- I duplicated Roach, a horse. In HANGMAN'S ALLEY, I was close between horse and a column with warning post I try to mount a horse but tap "X" to read instead mount, trying several and whistle it to come close to me. I give up then walk away and find out that I have two Roach with one Horse Icon in minimap. Try to mount on non-icon, like a normal but decide to ride on icon horse to prevent consequence. This is fun bug.

EDIT: Thank you for the great game, I enjoyed it. Sorry for my English, it not my native language.

I'm xbox1, I can't do any quest/story, cos when i try to use LT to bring the witcher senses in so i can track/find . It won't highlight at all. So I'm looking around the area in white orchard for the hunters footprints, and i can't see them. So i can't then complete the beast of white orchard. Cos its stuck on finding the hunter..

---------- Updated at 11:48 AM ----------

Btw its xbox1 cd game I've got. Sorry i can't send a picture for u as i don't know how to.

How about giving me a place to send all the crash dump files from my game as support wont let me upload them as the are "wrong file type"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom