[BUG/Confusion] The Cave of Dreams - Minor Spoilers

+
[BUG/Confusion] The Cave of Dreams - Minor Spoilers

Quest called 'The Cave of Dreams' in Skellige

Completed the quest fairly early in Skellige (before i helped Cerys or Hjalmar), quest completed and went into my completed tab.

Went back to Madman to see if there was any follow up (there wasn't)

Finished Cerys' and Hjalmar's chains, completed the quest to pick a new King/Queen

'The Cave of Dreams' then went into the failed tab,
presumably cause Blueboy Lugos died at the feast
however there was no way whatsoever to avoid that

Was wondering if it's a bug and if it will/can be patched to be moved back to the Completed tab, really annoys my OCD having a failed quest, especially after I restarted a playthrough before to
not kill Keira after failing the Brothers in Arms quest at the end!

This happened to me to. I found a lot of bugs in several quests actually. Completing them, then seeing they are in failed later. I hope them to be fixed.

Just got the bug too. Really annoying to have to see the Failed tab come up for one quest that was already completed a long time ago. :/

Yep, same problem, the quest automatically fails as you enter Kaer Trolde after helping both Cerys and Hjalmar. It kinda sucks. I keep thinking there's something I missed, but I haven't found anything. The only quest that I know which becomes unavailable at the same time is Favor for Favor(which only happens if you asked the prisoner for help to get out of prison).

Happened to me too. I think it's just a bug, but it is annoying to see a "failed" quest. Especially when you open it in your quest log and it shows you successfully completed all objectives.

Yup, newest patch it seems did nothing for this bug. It's a shame too, because it seems like it would be rather simple to fix. I've noticed there are still a ton of quest bugs that were untouched in this newst patch. XP still doesnt seem to be awarded correctly either. I stopped playing to wait for this patch; it seems I may have to stop playing again and wait for the next patch. Only god knows how long that will take.

this is fucking annoying, i had all quests perfect and now due this fucking bug i got a dirty failed tab
th emore i play the more im disgusted by the lazy programming done of this game

This happened to me to. I found a lot of bugs in several quests actually. Completing them, then seeing they are in failed later. I hope them to be fixed.
there are some quests in the game where your decisions make them end up "failed" when it may appear you actually completed the mission. the "failed" status is because you chose a different outcome through conversation or action, not because of any bug.

there are others though that are apparently just bugs.

there are some quests in the game where your decisions make them end up "failed" when it may appear you actually completed the mission. the "failed" status is because you chose a different outcome through conversation or action, not because of any bug.

there are others though that are apparently just bugs.

it's definitely a malfunction:there a quest marked completed and for no reason it goes and failed; thats definitely a BUG this is sick the immersion in witcher 3 got completely destroyed by various bugs and this is just another one, this is the most sloppy job i saw ever in a video game, by far.

it's definitely a malfunction:there a quest marked completed and for no reason it goes and failed; thats definitely a BUG this is sick the immersion in witcher 3 got completely destroyed by various bugs and this is just another one, this is the most sloppy job i saw ever in a video game, by far.

status in your quest page was "Completed", that you had confirmed, and then later changed to "Failed"? that is more than likely a bug if it is what is really happening.

and you obviously haven't played many games in your life if this game is the most broken "sloppy job" you've ever seen. video games are not for you if in-game status messages can completely break your immersion or ruin a game.

over 150 hours in and haven't had any quest breaking, or even single session breaking problem. the worst it's been is a couple graphical anomalys that quick traveling fixed. and a new problem with 1.05 and crafting mutagens, but that's not a problem because i have all of them i need this late in the game.

status in your quest page was "Completed", that you had confirmed, and then later changed to "Failed"? that is more than likely a bug if it is what is really happening.

and you obviously haven't played many games in your life if this game is the most broken "sloppy job" you've ever seen. video games are not for you if in-game status messages can completely break your immersion or ruin a game.

over 150 hours in and haven't had any quest breaking, or even single session breaking problem. the worst it's been is a couple graphical anomalys that quick traveling fixed. and a new problem with 1.05 and crafting mutagens, but that's not a problem because i have all of them i need this late in the game.

cry more please

for the few i know a 10 years old kid would be agree a quest going from "complete" to "failed" is a bug
and look like you arent even able to manage it yourself.

And yes i played enough video games to realize this one has a sloppy job hidding behind it: crafting mutagenes is a part of a very basic testing process, and the 1.05 got released with a first level malfunction on that. This is just wrong.

cry more please

for the few i know a 10 years old kid would be agree a quest going from "complete" to "failed" is a bug
and look like you arent even able to manage it yourself.

And yes i played enough video games to realize this one has a sloppy job hidding behind it: crafting mutagenes is a part of a very basic testing process, and the 1.05 got released with a first level malfunction on that. This is just wrong.

"cry more please"? were you typing that to yourself? you are the only one I see here whining about a brilliant well executed game. nice to compare yourself to a 10 year old though, high praise.

and what do you mean, "aren't able to manage it myself"? i have completed Roche's early storyline, fought with him at Kaer Morhen, and have already helped him on passed his final appearance in the game. with no bugs. managed it perfectly fine.

you still haven't stated if you actually had confirmed the quest was "Completed" in your menu and then it later changed to "Failed". or if you just believed it was properly finished and it really wasn't. not that most'd believe you now anyway since having a hissy fit about this "sloppy job hidding behind it", whatever the hell that means.

Top Bottom