Some of the changes coming in the next patch (1.04/1.05)

+
What system are you on? Because XBox One and PS4 have had very good framerate patches. PC runs great depending on system/settings.

The only frame rate issue I currently know of is the slow camera stutter and the cut scene (animated intro) stutters. Is that what you mean? From what I understand, Xbox One is vastly improved since the 30 fps lock and PS4 is pretty good too.

Playing on Ps4, and no the game is not smooth on PS4. I beat the game and the last battle did bleed my eyes with horible 15-20fps with extra stutters included...

the fps patch for ps4 actually did very very little to improve the. fps in the areas people are having issues with. some cut scenes and gameplay still drop it to 20 fps. so would be nice to get this addressed which i believe it is.

marcin. could you please inform everyone whether the font size increase is going to be a forced change or can we choose the size ? i respect that some people are having issues reading things. from what i can see largely because they sit 10ft away from their tv. not sure how thats even possible as here in the Uk most rooms do not afford you the space to sit that far away unless you live in a stately home. but much like the people that do sit far away. i can assure you there is an equal amount who only sit 5 ft away and dont have any issues with font sizes. if the change is forced and things are increased massively it will just create the opposite problem for alot of peope

I call "yeah this is a real fix patch" when I see stable 30fps without any stutters. Rest patch is just candy...

Now i'm just angry. I'm feeling like. I bought game. I'm fair! Now for Almost 2 weeks i can't play. Trust me. Next game i will get from cdr will be crack'd. Playing without problems... Without beeing angry i wasted my money. I rlly like witcher 3. I'm fan. Got all books. Got Comics. Got 3 games. Now i regret... I shouldn't buy this game.

Will the shopkeeper in White Orchard stock gwent cards previously sold by the innkeeper? I know this was fixed on PC and hoping it will also be included on the PS4's patch

Now i'm just angry. I'm feeling like. I bought game. I'm fair! Now for Almost 2 weeks i can't play. Trust me. Next game i will get from cdr will be crack'd. Playing without problems... Without beeing angry i wasted my money. I rlly like witcher 3. I'm fan. Got all books. Got Comics. Got 3 games. Now i regret... I shouldn't buy this game.

Their games doesn't come with DRM, you don't need to crack it, you can just download/copy from someone else and play it. But I wouldn't recommend it, since it's clear you like the game, paying for it helps them to continue working. At least they are talking to the community and releasing patches. Most companies sell what they can and then forget about it.

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you also make it so that you can loot where the camera is facing? Having it be ONLY where Geralt is facing makes looting annoying because you have to turn around, back up, turn around again, move forward, and get into the absolute perfect spot in order to loot, sometimes taking many trials if the loot box is in a hard to reach spot.

Can you please add this quick change?

Thank you for this amazing game!!!

Last edited:
So what about for those of us that don't want a larger HUD? Could you guys possibly implement an Opacity/Transparency setting at a later patch?

Still. I'm paying for the game and i don't have game, cuz i can't play. And what? they will tell me we are sorry? If i buy sth i can't use it i want discount of sth. They give me nothing... They told patch will appear at monday, and where is it? This is not fair. So why should i be?

Are you going to fix the crashes? I've never had a game lock-up and/or crash on me as bad as this. I still managed to finish it, but it's really maddening. Sometimes it crashes back to desktop out of the blue when walking/riding or loading. Other times it goes into black screen and I have to reset the PC. I think I tried just about every suggestions out there from rolling back the drivers, to tinkering with driver options and in-game options and all to not much avail. I don't know if its an issue with Win 8.1 but no other game gives me such a bad headache.

Amen!!! The amount of crashes to the desktop has been the highest of ANY game I've played in my 20+ year gaming career. With an i7 and a 980 I'd expect a smooth experience rather than daily multiple crashes to the desktop and five patches in, not a word about it even though there are dozens of people describing the crashes in the PC section of the Tech Forum.

"Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC."

I must say: REALLY??? JUST REALLLYY???

Why the font will be smaller on PC? I don't play at PC with my face 10 cm away from it so make it readable at distance on PC too! Better than that! Put a slider that let player to change from almost unreadable font size to insanely large one! and I mean this large!

Font size on PC is anoying small even in close distance! Don't just slightly increse it!

Hi everyone,

As you know we don't stop working to keep bringing you new updates - I just wanted to give you a heads-up of what to expect in the upcoming patch. The list below is a part of the change log for the 1.04/1.05. There will be a lot more fixes on the way - here's the breakdown of the most requested changes:

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
General stability and performance improvements
Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
Improved camera smoothness
Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest

The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.

but when will it be up i ve been 5 days without playing the game because of the game crashes.

General stability and performance improvements.
Better performance in certain cutscenes.

Oh great... so what graphical downgrades are going to be shoved down pc gamers throats this time? Even worse shity draw distance? More texture pop in?Npcs spawn a half meter away instead of a whole meter? Seems every time you claim to optimise this masterpiece, you simply lower the graphics quality for all users with no options for those who want it how it was patch 1.02.

Do you simply hate pc gamers? Why dont you give us a draw distance slider in options? The pop up in patch 1.04 sucks. I don't mind waiting for fixes to bugs. But saying your improving performance(by lowering graphics quality) is shit. As well as dishonest.

Last edited:
Will they fix the VERY annoying horse animation stuttering, which has nothing to do with frame rates or frame pacing, in 1.05? Please do it, I´m one of the severely affected (because it doesn´t happen to everyone, or because it´s a matter of perception).

Whats the ETA for this patch on PC, and PS4? Last i heard it'd be this week, but WHEN this week is what I'm wondering. Thanks for quick support for this game :)

Top Bottom