Abilitiy Buffs Resetting Upon Reloading Game

+
Abilitiy Buffs Resetting Upon Reloading Game

I have noticed that any abilities that I have placed in the ability slots that I have unlocked are not providing the buffs as stated upon reloading the game. In order to remedy this situation, each and every time I turn the game on I must remove each ability from each slot, and then go about activating them again by placing them in the available slots. Bit of an inconvenience, to say the least. E.g. the blue Mutagen provides +7 sign intensity when placed in a mutagen slot. Even though this item is placed in an available slot when I turn the game off, when I turn it back on the buff is lost, as the character screen indicates. This also occurs with the Sun and Stars general ability, i.e.10 health generated per second during the day.

I have just checked my son's file, he plays on another account on the same Xbox One, and his file is providing him with the Sun and Stars general ability buff upon loading up the game. I.e. his health is regenerating during the day. He hasn't obtained a mutagen yet, so I can't confirm if the problem with the sign intensity not displaying correctly on the character screen is shared on his account.

---------- Updated at 07:02 PM ----------

Updated: Having done some experimentation with the ability slots, I have now established that the problem resides only with the mutagen slot and not the general slots. The Sun and Stars ability is working for me when I reload the game, but the mutagen buff is most definitely not. I must remove the mutagen item upon starting the game and place it back in the slot in order to have the buff take effect. I have also established that the mutagen slot will stop providing the buff upon fast travelling, but only when fast travelling from one region to another, e.g. White Orchard to Velen, et cetera.

Last edited:
We're sorry for the problem. Yes, there is a bug with mutagen slots not updating their base buff after loading the safe. We know now that the issue only affects the mutagen ability itself but the bonuses gained by matching skill colors (+100/200/300%) are restored properly. We are currently working on resolving the issue.

Any update on when we are likely to see a patch for this? It's getting pretty frustrating having to swap Mutagens in and out in order to receive the buffs upon starting the game.

Top Bottom