Addressing the no XP Glitch

+
Where are some of you getting the info to know how much XP your missing on each quest? Knowing that would mostly answer my question because I could compare the XP amount.

I have now been wondering if I have been having this problem for longer than I originally thought . I have noticed upon finishing quests....that sometimes it flashes quest complete THEN awards me XP which seems like this is how its supposed to happen. Other times it gave me XP before and then it says quest completed. Now....I know a lot of these quests give you small amounts of XP during stages of this. So I am now actually wondering If at times I had been mistaking getting the quest completion XP because it would give me a small amount for completing the part right before it finishes.

For example....

The Volunteer. When I finish this quest....I immediatly see it give me 50XP....then give me a list of items and only THEN does it pop up saying quest complete....nothing comes after it.

White Widow. I complete this quest....it updates the quest....it then says quest complete....THEN I get 260Xp and some money.

Is there a proper order that the XP and quest completion prompts should be in? Or does this matter at all?

Also, are you SUPPOSED to get XP upon discovering what a question mark is? Meaning if I head to a question mark and its a bandit camp....is XP supposed to pop right there? I honestly cant remember if it was prior to the last patch. I am not getting any.

Last edited:
Are you sure your game is completely broken? None of the quests you tried gave you xp? Because for me the impact or the experience loss was near to zero, I don't remember any quest not giving me xp, even after patch 1.04.

Just to make clear for some: side quests naturally give way less xp than the main ones, I don't think it's a bug.

Guess you missed the previous 35 pages to this thread.. Without question, this is a bug! I've played well over a third of the main quests outlined in the official strategy guide since Thursday the 28th on PS4 to test the problem, and can 100% confirm without a doubt that there is a significant loss in experience, and it is also random. Everything including main quests, side quests and contracts have provided 0XP at one point or another. It has nothing to do with grey or red quests in the journal (though there's definitely issues there too), this is extremely simple; some just aren't receiving the XP they should for their play, and that's essentially game-breaking. Now the fact that your experience system appears to be functioning properly and your character levelling up normally, doesn't mean you get to come here and minimize the frustration for others.

Quoting myself from this thread:

Finished the Get junior quest. No experience for that one. Missed 500 xp Suggested level 12 / My level 16

Finished Count Reuven's Treasure quest. No experience for that one. Missed 50 xp Suggested level 12 / My level 16

Finished Matter of life and Death side quest. No experience for that one. Missed 100 xp Suggested level 12 / My level 16

Finished Now or never side quest. Got experience for that one. Suggested level 14 / My level 16

Finished The play is the thing. No experience for that one. Missed 100 xp Suggested level 11 / My level 16

Finished A poet under preassure. No experience for that one. Missed 1000 xp Suggested level 13 / My level 17

Finished Eye for eye quest. Got 50 xp for that one. Suggested level 12 / My level 17

Finished Redania's most wanted. No experience for that one. Missed 100 xp Suggested level 12 / My level 17

Finished Family blade . No experience for that one. Missed ?? xp. Suggested level 15 / My level 20

Finished The king is dead - long live the king. No experience for that one. Missed 600 xp. Suggested lvl 16 / My level 21

Other strange occurrences:

Finished Sword and dumpling quest (Master blacksmith). Got 18 xp for that one (2x 9xp). Suggested lvl 24 / My level 14

FInished The Nithing quest. I got 25 xp for that one even though it was greyed out.

So that is roughly around 2500 xp since I started tracking quests. Will lose more as I progress so why should I keep playing? I would call that pretty broken in a RPG game that balances everything from Skill points, weapons, armor, quests on xp and your level.
Have you tried monitoring your xp through the inventory screen? I read people saying they're getting xp without the message appearing, or in the middle of the quest (for example, when you kill the monster).

Have you tried monitoring your xp through the inventory screen? I read people saying they're getting xp without the message appearing, or in the middle of the quest (for example, when you kill the monster).

I just semi touched on this.....why I am very curious to know if anyone has a list of the quests xp rewards.

Extremely minor spoilers. The end of the Baron questline I fought a semi boss. It gave me 200XP upon completion. When I finished this quest though it gave me nothing. Was that SUPPOSED to work that way? or was I actually supposed to get more XP and not just when I killed the monster?

Guess you missed the previous 35 pages to this thread.. Without question, this is a bug! I've played well over a third of the main quests outlined in the official strategy guide since Thursday the 28th on PS4 to test the problem, and can 100% confirm without a doubt that there is a significant loss in experience, and it is also random. Everything including main quests, side quests and contracts have provided 0XP at one point or another. It has nothing to do with grey or red quests in the journal (though there's definitely issues there too), this is extremely simple; some just aren't receiving the XP they should for their play, and that's essentially game-breaking. Now the fact that your experience system appears to be functioning properly and your character levelling up normally, doesn't mean you get to come here and minimize the frustration for others.
I'm not saying for those who played the game and experienced this bug, but for those who are not playing for being scared of loosing xp, since (again) the problem does not affect everyone. And yes, I read a lot a posts, that's why I'm saying this.

I think you misunderstood the part when I said "I don't think it's a bug", I was talking about the fact that side quests naturally give less xp (between 25~100), some people were complaining about this like it was related to the glitch.

Last edited:
Marcin said on twitter that PC patch is NOT today and that they hope to have the console patch this week but there's a chance it won't even be this week at all.

I love the witcher series and the witcher 3 is an unbelievably great game but this has turned into a bit of a joke. Games can glitch, it's inevitably but I don't think it was tested well at all. The save bug (in an rpg) was horrendous but they patched it quite quickly, which was fantastic, but now XP?

I like CDPROJEKTRED, they seem to be the antithesis to the likes of EA and UBISOFT, which the industry needs more of. Although, telling us that a game (RPG) based on skill/abilities/level requirements having an issue where I can't get xp for main quests isn't a big deal is fucking disgraceful.

I told myself the glitches only annoy me so much due to how much I love the game but now it's how every CDPROJEKTRED statement feels like a fuck you. Which I know is wrong, they love their fans but the fan in me is getting fed up and the consumer in me that paid 70euro is mad.

Like when the patch notes labelled 'most requested changes' should be labelled 'mandatory things that must be done to fix the broken game'. I know how petty that sounds but it's at the stage where even that feels like a big fuck you. I had to translate replies to tweets I found that were in Polish to find out the console patch might not be until next week. Which makes 'the following days' a bullshit statement. Even if it comes out this week.

We understand there can be reasons that you can't give a certain date for a patch, you might not know! That's ok. But if you know it may not even this week than SAY THAT. Say that openly to everyone not just in a reply to a random tweet. Say it in the statements you put out. Yeah next week seems ridiculous to me but everyone would be SO much happier if there was more transparency when speaking to the community. Otherwise it throws fuel on the fire.

Despite all that I love the game, guys. Definite GOTY! and I hope CDPROJEKTRED becomes one of the giants in the industry! So please never sell!!! lol

Wanted to give you an update regarding the situation. We are currently working on a huge patch (1.05 for PC / 1.04 on consoles) and we've decided to include the XP fix in these updates. The PC version of the patch is right around the corner - that's why we made the decision to release the XP fix as a part of the patch on computers. At the same time we would like to thank you for your understanding and supporting us.

Bad idea unless 1.04 can come out in the next couple of days for consoles. The XP issue is a game breaking bug and I'll have to put the game down until it comes out.

You guys need to be able to sned out fixes for game breaking bugs within 24HRS of completeing the fix. It doesn;t matter what you have to do but both MS and Sony need to allow you guys to pass through game fixes ASAP

I just semi touched on this.....why I am very curious to know if anyone has a list of the quests xp rewards.

Extremely minor spoilers. The end of the Baron questline I fought a semi boss. It gave me 200XP upon completion. When I finished this quest though it gave me nothing. Was that SUPPOSED to work that way? or was I actually supposed to get more XP and not just when I killed the monster?
I don't know if it was supposed to wotk that way, but I don't think either that these 200XP was given to you only for killing the semi boss, since killing high level monsters give way less XP.
What was the name of the specific quest? Maybe we can google it and know the right XP it was supposed to give, that will answer your question.

This
we understand there can be reasons that you can't give a certain date for a patch, you might not know! That's ok. But if you know it may not even this week than say that. Say that openly to everyone not just in a reply to a random tweet. Say it in the statements you put out. Yeah next week seems ridiculous to me but everyone would be so much happier if there was more transparency when speaking to the community. Otherwise it throws fuel on the fire.

How else I'm I suppose to monitor my xp? Of course I monitor xp through my inventory screen, write down xp before quest, check after quest, same number = something is wrong.

I don't know if it was supposed to wotk that way, but I don't think either that these 200XP was given to you only for killing the semi boss, since killing high level monsters give way less XP.
What was the name of the specific quest? Maybe we can google it and know the right XP it was supposed to give, that will answer your question.

Hm I found a better wiki site. Still find all that wikia stuff confusing....seems to be multiple sites one is awful the other is decent.

It was the quest Return to Crookback bog. While it doesn't say specifically when your supposed to get the XP. It claims you get 300 XP. I could swear I got 200 and am 99% sure that it was 200.

Never had so much trouble trying to gain clarification on something in a video game in my entire life. With that information.....my conclusion is still up in the air....I have no idea whether being level 13 while doing that level 9 quest somehow just caused me to get 200XP instead of the 300? Or whether I got the 200 and was SUPPOSED to get another 300 from finishing the quest?.....

Bad idea unless 1.04 can come out in the next couple of days for consoles. The XP issue is a game breaking bug and I'll have to put the game down until it comes out.

You guys need to be able to sned out fixes for game breaking bugs within 24HRS of completeing the fix. It doesn;t matter what you have to do but both MS and Sony need to allow you guys to pass through game fixes ASAP

See this is what I mean. People think of MS and Sony possibly effect it. Then people say will they charge companies money every time they want to make something live. Then people will say 'well, they made a net profit of hundreds of millions so they can afford it'

Then we argue amongst amongst ourselves about it. When just telling us why things are going down the way they are is all they have to do.

My bet is if they're still charging developers on next gen consoles it costs 40-50K each time. So there's no way CDPROJEKTRED will release a patch for the xp glitch as soon as they can because there is a lot that needs to be fixed. So why pay to patch one thing on monday you're still going to have to pay to release the scheduled patch in a weeks time.

The millions of people who bought the game will have no sympathy for this because they know the company has made millions but realistically no company will spend 80k if waiting a week means only needing to spend 40k.

Not sure about the ins and outs anymore because companies never talk about it but if the fee's to patch are still there it explains it. It seems the only logical reason a respected rpg developer would say not gaining xp isn't a big deal.

Come on, lads! You say fuck you to DRM say fuck you to shitty PR next! I promise fans will love you for it!

How else I'm I suppose to monitor my xp? Of course I monitor xp through my inventory screen, write down xp before quest, check after quest, same number = something is wrong.

Can I ask where you got that list of the correct XP for quests from?

Maybe through the message that appears in the game? Some say the quest gave nothing because the message didn't appear, I didn't know if that was your case...

Just wanted to drop a quick note to say thanks to CDPR for their attention. Lots of nice patches so far in the time since release (less than 2 weeks)... more on the way, I am sure. Great game, having tons of fun. I am not effected by the XP bug, but I very often find myself just adventuring around and exploring anyway. I care not for experience, the level of fun and depth in this game are incredible.

Wait ,I kinda lost it here ... was 1.05 sopposed to come today or XP hotfix ,if 1.05 is delayed does that mean list of changes has grown or I understood things wrong? ...

Don't think there's a hotfix. 1.05 was said to be today but earlier on twitter they said it won't be today and that 1.04 (console) will be this week with a chance of next week. They released partial patches for both today, Big patch, many fixes.

For the xx time I will explain this again. It is quite simple, check youtube playthroughs of the quest you just did, cross-reference the xp.

I had been doing that originally but you seem to have better luck with that.

95% of the time it doesn't show the person actually TURN IN the quests.

Top Bottom