Save 1.04 in game 1.03

+
It's bad, because my game in 1.04 have the XP bug. The only way to jump this is to return to 1.03.

It's impossible to wait. I will play and lose the xp unfortunately. :(

---------- Updated at 07:56 PM ----------

or you could wait for 1.05 which comes out in the next few days

You know a cheat or mod to gain XP. After a quest with no XP I will cheat and get the lost experience.

It's bad, because my game in 1.04 have the XP bug. The only way to jump this is to return to 1.03.
This is simply not the case. Just because something is noticed after a patch doesn't mean it's the cause; Not every bug that crops up is the fault of the most recent patch. It's already been proven that it occurs on earlier patch versions.

A lot of this is because of misinformation spread at the beginning. That it only affected quests picked up after patch 1.04. This is just untrue, since I've loaded 1.03 saves and some of the quests in my log did not give XP.

In fact, I was able to both get and not get the glitch from that save. For me, completing Family Matters and Ladies of the Wood will glitch the quest chain Pyres of Novigrad > Novigrad Dreaming > Broken Flowers > Get Junior and so on. If I skip Family/Ladies and do that quest chain they will all give XP just fine. I theorized that it's because my Family/Ladies were greyed out, thus giving no XP, and this glitched other quests into acting greyed out.

At least one other person has supported this hypothesis by saying that while doing Family Matters, they were receiving XP just fine. Before completing Family Matters, they did a greyed out quest. Once they turned in Family Matters they didn't get any XP. Now, that's not conclusive, but supports it well.

When the patches came out, there was a notice that you cannot play a saved game using the new patch under an older patch, or something to that effect. If the save is 1.04, you cannot play by reverting to 1.03 or earlier. You'd need to go to a save game that was 1.03, which appears in the small screenshot to let you know under what patch that save game was saved.

Top Bottom