Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, new to the topic here. Is there any response from CDP about all this? It looks like it's the biggest thread here, and Triss got "many" supporters. Still haven't finished game, so I'm not reading through the thread. Currently in Novigrad after kissing Triss scene, and I really dislike Yen as a person, and reading that there's no content with Triss after Novigrad makes me kinda sad :/ CDP should do something about it, and not forcing us onto Yen route.

if u want a full run go either with yen or both, but triss, meh.. shes speechless.. literally :p

Hey guys, new to the topic here. Is there any response from CDP about all this? It looks like it's the biggest thread here, and Triss got "many" supporters. Still haven't finished game, so I'm not reading through the thread. Currently in Novigrad after kissing Triss scene, and I really dislike Yen as a person, and reading that there's no content with Triss after Novigrad makes me kinda sad :/ CDP should do something about it, and not forcing us onto Yen route.

Hello and welcome to the group. :) And yeah, pretty much. This is the most popular thread on the forum for a reason. There's a staggeringly noticeable lack of Triss from the game. The parts that are there are amazing but it just needs more. I think what I said before is a good analogy. The stuff we have (party, lighthouse, fountain) is a strong top section of the romance, the big moments, one might say. But without the little things, small conversations, minor tweaks to the design, this house, pretty as it might be has no foundation. It is in danger of toppling over. The final push that will do that, for me anyways, is if we don't get any meaningful resolution and they just let her final chapter go out with a fizzle. I just don't know if I will ever be able to come back and appreciate the game for what it is: a great, meaningful adventure.

A word of advice, as you're finishing Novigrad, savor every little moment with Triss. There aren't too many more after that. :(

---------- Updated at 09:07 PM ----------

if u want a full run go either with yen or both, but triss, meh.. shes speechless.. literally

That's mean. She's not speechless, she's just shy. It's not her fault either.

But yeah, go with Yen if you want a more inclusive experience. I just can't do it - can't trade Triss for Yen. Triss is too perfect. :heart: :wub: :heart:

A word of advice, as you're finishing Novigrad, savor every little moment with Triss. There aren't too many more after that. :(

^
and skellige is highly depressing with depressing music, and no triss.. just yen, thats why i told u to pick both or yen because she has a major part :p

and skellige is highly depressing with depressing music, and no triss.. just yen, thats why i told u to pick both or yen because she has a major part :p

If you can bring yourself to actually say those words, you heartless monster.

"Go. I'll miss you..." :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

^

To be honest.. I literally rushed trough the whole Skellige thing and did no side quest there until now.
I wanted to know how the story goes on so bad.. and also I wanted to see Triss again and Geralt finally finding Ciri. And it was worth to do so. At least for me.

I dunno why but I dont like Skellige that much comparing to Novigrad. The whole Novigrad story line is so amazing.. because of Dijkstra, Roche, Triss ofc and Zoltan and Dandelion and Letho in Velen. So many old friends and such a nice atmosphere there :)

While in skellige everyone was new and upsetting music. Dont missunderstand me the music is quiet beautiful but I always have to think about Triss and the last time I will see her forever is in TW3 :(

If you can bring yourself to actually say those words, you heartless monster.

"Go. I'll miss you..." :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

nay just

Last edited:
To be honest.. I literally rushed trough the whole Skellige thing and did no side quest there until now.
I wanted to know how the story goes on so bad.. and also I wanted to see Triss again and Geralt finally finding Ciri. And it was worth to do so. At least for me.

I dunno why but I dont like Skellige that much comparing to Novigrad. The whole Novigrad story line is so amazing.. because of Dijkstra, Roche, Triss ofc and Zoltan and Dandelion and Letho in Velen. So many old friends and such a nice atmosphere there

Well when it comes to RPGs, open-world ones especially, I find myself to be a bit of a completionist. I try to do everything. So even in Skellige, I did all the side quests, all the Witcher contracts, discovered damn-near every question mark except some of those Smuggler's caches in the water. I don't need 30 Skellige longswords... :dry:

I also did find myself just sort of going through the motions there - just doing the things so I could tell myself I had done them. I needed to get through to the next time Triss appeared on screen.

I like the atmosphere of Skellige, the snow on everything is beautiful. The viking-like warrior people were a nice change from the simple, down to earth peasants of No Man's Land. Some of the quests were pretty cool too. Just where was Triss through all of this? :( Like I said, even if she wasn't in Skellige per se, I could still go and check in with her from time to time. Feed her progress about the hunt for Ciri. But alas... :X

Dont missunderstand me the music is quiet beautiful but I always have to think about Triss and the last time I will see her forever is in TW3

Stop. I'm getting sad again. I don't even want to think about never seeing Triss again. :crybaby:

I could do 60 playthroughs of this game, and i would never choose Yen but i would always choose Triss :)

I dunno why but I dont like Skellige that much comparing to Novigrad. The whole Novigrad story line is so amazing.. because of Dijkstra, Roche, Triss ofc and Zoltan and Dandelion and Letho in Velen. So many old friends and such a nice atmosphere there :)

While in skellige everyone was new and upsetting music. Dont missunderstand me the music is quiet beautiful but I always have to think about Triss and the last time I will see her forever is in TW3 :(

Yeah, the same happened to me. Imo the Skellige storyline is just weaker than Velen ad Novigrad.
Novigrad was awesome for the reasons you mentioned. Tons of returning characters (and Triss + Rosa Var Attre :wub:)
Velen was awesome because it had the best written storylines (bloody baron and ladies of the wood) + Keira Metz was very enjoyable (love her voice).
Skellige was somehow lacking. Short and rather boring main story.Mediocre political story and not a single character from the previous games.

Stop. I'm getting sad again. I don't even want to think about never seeing Triss again. :crybaby:

i wont be so sure for geralt triss and all the other's end, they said it was geralt's end of the trilogy but i highly doubt so, i think they'll make a mistake and they will learn from it, just look at it, most viewed and debated thread is about romance and a character in the game, in TW4 they will more likely wipe all the yen/triss fans, especially if the witcher saga sequel wont interest them

i wont be so sure for geralt triss and all the other's end, they said it was geralt's end of the trilogy but i highly doubt so, i think they'll make a mistake and they will learn from it, just look at it, most viewed and debated thread is about romance and a character in the game, in TW4 they will more likely wipe all the yen/triss fans, especially if the witcher saga sequel wont interest them
They have said that Geralt may return in future games in a minor role/cameo, so there is always the small chance that Yen, Triss and even Ciri may return in a smaller role.

They have said that Geralt may return in future games in a minor role/cameo, so there is always the small chance that Yen, Triss and even Ciri may return in a smaller role.
yes i know but geralt would keep both the ladies for himself and leave us none which means no triss romance :p

Just received an email from GOG.com, where they want me to buy the expansion pass or being more precise to pre-order it.

Interesting thing is the following: In the email they advertise, that one can explore Toussaint and get new gear, meet new monsters plus, and this being a nice little spark, new storys and questlines with existing characters.

So they definitly want to implement not only new characters but also the old ones, like Zoltan, Dandelion, etc. and of course this does mean TRISS ;)
Maybe they use this as an opportunity to bring her more up to the front, to give her more, deserved screen time

yes i know but geralt would keep both the ladies for himself and leave us none which means no triss romance :p
Yeah Geralt is too promiscuous, but then again i had my character from Mass Effect have both Ashley and Miranda but the game made me choose:wallbash:

I have been let down by this game in this department. I am trying to keep my hopes from getting to high. Would hate to experience this heartbreak all over again. It may not be the end for good, but I am going to treat it like it is. Gives me more reason to keep fighting. :)

Also, even if it were the end, it wouldn't be an excuse for messing up Triss so badly.

The popularity of this topic gives me some hope. Maybe the REDs never thought romance would be this big of a deal. Well I think they can clearly see that it is, in fact, a pretty big deal. :p

Just received an email from GOG.com, where they want me to buy the expansion pass or being more precise to pre-order it.

Interesting thing is the following: In the email they advertise, that one can explore Toussaint and get new gear, meet new monsters plus, and this being a nice little spark, new storys and questlines with existing characters.

So they definitly want to implement not only new characters but also the old ones, like Zoltan, Dandelion, etc. and of course this does mean TRISS ;)
Maybe they use this as an opportunity to bring her more up to the front, to give her more, deserved screen time
Finally some good news, i bow to you sir for bringing this news :)

So they definitly want to implement not only new characters but also the old ones, like Zoltan, Dandelion, etc. and of course this does mean TRISS

Even if she is in it, will the give her the attention she deserves? If they handle it like they did the rest of the game, my answer would be no. If they see what we are talking about here and recognize the error in their previous approach, maybe, just maybe, they could give her the sendoff she desperately needs. Still not getting my hopes up though. :dry:

I have been let down by this game in this department. I am trying to keep my hopes from getting to high. Would hate to experience this heartbreak all over again. It may not be the end for good, but I am going to treat it like it is. Gives me more reason to keep fighting. :)

Also, even if it were the end, it wouldn't be an excuse for messing up Triss so badly.

The popularity of this topic gives me some hope. Maybe the REDs never thought romance would be this big of a deal. Well I think they can clearly see that it is, in fact, a pretty big deal. :p
Nah they were too focused on sex rather than romance, that is why they spend 16 hours on the sex scenes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom