Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Content patch could achieve this. Just wondering how high it is on their list of priorities. Probably pretty low. :(

I expect things like NewGame+ or more endgame content in general to have a much higher priority on CDPR's list, yeah. All we can do is to voice our opinion in a constructive manner, and I think this thread does a great job in doing that. And, you know, hope dies last. Think positive. :)

Last edited:
well, by story change i mean her whole part in the side quests, adding more content or sides or even just things to say to her i dont know if they want to do such things right after release

I don't mean right after release - I'm fine with waiting just as long as they don't leave it hanging like it currently is forever.

*sigh* It's times like this that I wish I was filthy rich - I could just pay them to create some Triss content just for us Triss-faithfuls. One can dream, can't they?

More Witcher more Triss and oh.. did I already say more Triss?..
More Triss, more Triss oh and more Triss (never gets boring to say it)

Well said :wub: :heart: :wub:

I don't mean right after release - I'm fine with waiting just as long as they don't leave it hanging like it currently is forever.

*sigh* It's times like this that I wish I was filthy rich - I could just pay them to create some Triss content just for us Triss-faithfuls. One can dream, can't they?

you dont need to pay them, if they'd put this as expansion they'd surely make alot of money on it over time

I also think it unlikely but I am mentally preparing myself. Would hate to be let down again.

It was the greatest but I've just been hit so hard by this that I can't do it. Also, pre-ordering doesn't usually save you any money on DLC so you're better off just waiting and making sure you will like what they put in. Just my opinion though. I'm fine with pre-ordering games - sometimes you get some extra stuff or early access. DLC pre-order doesn't really do anything so I think I would rather wait. If we get a solid declaration that one or both of them will include some serious Triss stuff then I will pre-order it. At least then I will know I'll enjoy it. :p

True that.

I just got a thought right now after reading the "gog email" stuff again.

It says you can explore Toussaint or however one spell it. So actually Triss wants to go for Kovir right?

So there are 2 possibilitys for me:

1. She will be in the expansion and the Kovir story comes really at the end of the whole W3 support. (YES PLS!)

2. She will already travel to Kovir and you are alone without your lovely redhead for some new adventures. (pls no..)

expect things like NewGame+ or more endgame content in general to have a much higher priority on CDPR's list, yeah. All we can do is voice our opinion in a constructive manner, and I think this thread does a great job in doing that.

I guess I should've said "definitely low" because I know it isn't a priority. Maybe this thread can get it pushed up the list a little bit though? :) If any thread can get it done it's this one - great group of people on here. :p

Think positive.

Trying with all my might, man... :(

True that.

I just got a thought right now after reading the "gog email" stuff again.

It says you can explore Toussaint or however one spell it. So actually Triss wants to go for Kovir right?

So there are 2 possibilitys for me:

1. She will be in the expansion and the Kovir story comes really at the end of the whole W3 support. (YES PLS!)

2. She will already travel to Kovir and you are alone without your lovely redhead for some new adventures. (pls no..)

as far as i heard it takes place BEFORE fighting the hunt (which makes no sense because they were in a hurry to find ciri werent they?) which means triss shouldnt be in kovir

She will already travel to Kovir and you are alone without your lovely redhead for some new adventures. (pls no..)

Please no... I'll die

---------- Updated at 10:28 PM ----------

as far as i heard it takes place BEFORE fighting the hunt (which makes no sense because they were in a hurry to find ciri werent they?) which means triss shouldnt be in kovir

I hadn't heard any details about when it will take place. Everything is pure speculation at this point so all we can do is try and get ourselves heard and hope they listen. Wish there were something more we could do. I'd do it in a heartbeat. :X

---------- Updated at 10:30 PM ----------

She will already travel to Kovir and you are alone without your lovely redhead for some new adventures. (pls no..)

I can't do questing after the credits roll - the world is too empty. I think it mostly comes from the fact that Triss isn't there. If the characters come back and Triss isn't one of them, the world will feel just as empty then.

I hadn't heard any details about when it will take place. Everything is pure speculation at this point so all we can do is try and get ourselves heard and hope they listen. Wish there were something more we could do. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Not to mention that it won't be coming out until some time early next year, so any news on the second expansion pack probably won't come till after the first one is released (October), although they do sometimes announce stuff early.

...The handling of the Kaer Morhen stuff was incredibly disappointing - the fact that Triss wasn't there for anything but her fireballs. :dry: She shouldn't have just disappeared prior to that either and we should have been able to talk with her pretty extensively after that.

The lack of interaction between Yen and Triss and even Geralt is definitely a huge missed opportunity. Would have developed all of the characters in a major way. And the fact that she just feels so insignificant to the rest of the game is one of the worst parts.

I agree, I too liked the teleport-scene. In front of Yen though, Geralt acts like a spineless urchin instead of a man with his own actions and reasons behind them. Why couldn't he have just said it? "Triss is better - get over it" He constantly lets her walk all over him. Like Eskel said, he would brave a fire for her and she plays him like a fiddle. Another scene in which she plays him. Regardless of your choices. If you romanced Triss, if you didn't romance Triss, if you broke the Djinn's spell, if you didn't break the Djinn's spell, none of that matters. He still folds like a cheap tent in front of her. Just, like I said, makes the entire romance seem less impactful and it's a disservice to us fans who really like the romance and who prefer Triss to Yennefer.

:p).

I like Triss's fireballs and her fight sequence at Kaer Morhen. The problem lies with the first part of 'Ugly Baby' at Kaer Morhen through to Ciri's arrival, where she's mysteriously absent and also we're not allowed to have triss romance reactive dialogues for some reason, even though they abuse us for sleeping with her(Yen), goad us about her(Lambert) & Ask us to talk about why we're not with Yen(Eskel). Yen then snogs Geralt.

Kaer Morhen would seem the perfect time to have interaction between Geralt, Triss and Yen. Deal with the romance issue head on before Ciri arrives on the stage and the plot heats up.

I only realised today that the teleport dialogue sequence is only for players who broke up with Yen, which makes the lack of any choice that reflects defence of Triss by Geralt even more frustrating and infuriating. Yen romancers get their own much sweeter version. I think at times Geralt gets in Yen's face. I found there were quite a few moments where Geralt could challenge her regarding her methods and with regard Ciri. It's just a shame you can't stand up to her regarding Triss or stand up to anyone regarding Triss for that matter whereas Geralt can stand up to the Witchers about their view of Yen if romanced.

This thread moves so fast I can barely keep up lol.
If I'm not mistaken the expansions are set before the final battle, so it's not after the epilogue etc. Don't overthink about whether it's plausible or not, sometimes expansions are like that. I'll take anything, seriously.

Anyway, can I post a screenshot? I really like this one. Please excuse the medium quality and my boyband-like Geralt ;D

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-05-30 03-02-32-96.jpg
    witcher3 2015-05-30 03-02-32-96.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 84
  • witcher3 2015-05-30 03-02-32-96.jpg
    witcher3 2015-05-30 03-02-32-96.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 39
Good thing is that we know for sure that devs are reading these forums, and someone has definitely seen this topic, it is one of the most popular on the forum. I am also glad to see that there are many people asking for some post end interactions with their favorite characters and even more Yen content, as I feel that their demands intertwine with ours in some ways. I think it's unrealistic for us to expect that they will only exclusively add Triss content, that would definitely annoy Yen fans. But seeing how many people are talking about romances in this game, it is pretty clear that for many it is a very important part of the Witcher experience. I personally have faith that CDPR, a developer that already has a good history of listening to its fans will notice this and add more content.

If I'm not mistaken the expansions are set before the final battle, so it's not after the epilogue etc. Don't overthink about whether it's plausible or not, sometimes expansions are like that. I'll take anything, seriously.

Anyway, can I post a screenshot? I really like this one. Please excuse the medium quality and my boyband-like Geralt ;D

Awesome screenshot!, there are some other good ones of Triss as well.

Not to mention that it won't be coming out until some time early next year, so any news on the second expansion pack probably won't come till after the first one is released (October), although they do sometimes announce stuff early.

For me a christmas expansion would be fine :)

The most greatest present if Triss will be in with some more dialouges and nice quests. I also liked she snowdown showdown between Geralt and Ciri. Something like that with Triss or Yen whoever you went for.. would be cool !

I actually dont care where it takes place. Maybe we will get some Iorweth and Saskia lore as mentioned before ! Since I went with Iorweth Im really interested what happend to him.

Ofc. it cant be all about romance and Triss or Yen. And Im totally fine with that but would really appreciate it if we can do the quests alone or with a friend. Which means you as the player can decide if u go alone or with a friend/your love.

So we still lack of romance and we want more! Especially Triss :sofa:

And one last screen before going to bed:

Last edited:

The most greatest present if Triss will be in with some more dialouges and nice quests. I also liked she snowdown showdown between Geralt and Ciri. Something like that with Triss or Yen whoever you went for.. would be cool !

I actually dont care where it takes place. Maybe we will get some Iorweth and Saskia lore as mentioned before ! Since I went with Iorweth Im really interested what happend to him.

Ofc. it cant be all about romance and Triss or Yen. And Im totally fine with that but would really appreciate it if we can do the quests alone or with a friend. Which means you as the player can decide if u go alone or with a friend/your love.

I am kind of expecting a quest about getting a new rose of remembrance, since in the Witcher 2 it was the item that solidified their relationship, so a side quest in the W3 about getting a new one (and a different quest for Yen fans) would be amazing considering how a rose is probably the closest thing Triss and Geralt will get to a wedding ring :yes

And one last screen before going to bed:

Still annoys me that CDP didn't make a romance plot for Friggila, or the fact that her and Geralt say hardly anything to eachother..... CDP plz.

I am kind of expecting a quest about getting a new rose of remembrance, since in the Witcher 2 it was the item that solidified their relationship, so a side quest in the W3 about getting a new one (and a different quest for Yen fans) would be amazing considering how a rose is probably the closest thing Triss and Geralt will get to a wedding ring :yes

there is, isn't there? I have one in my inventory and just thought it's useless cuz I didn't romance her.

I like Triss's fireballs and her fight sequence at Kaer Morhen. The problem lies with the first part of 'Ugly Baby' at Kaer Morhen through to Ciri's arrival, where she's mysteriously absent and also we're not allowed to have triss romance reactive dialogues for some reason, even though they abuse us for sleeping with her(Yen), goad us about her(Lambert) & Ask us to talk about why we're not with Yen(Eskel). Yen then snogs Geralt.

That's my point - her fireballs are cool as Hell and she kicks ass in that fight. Just seems like that's all she was there for. Would that scene have been any different if you just included a generic mage who specializes in fireballs? Might have lacked some immediacy for us Triss fans (when you get control of Ciri and Triss is in trouble I went all out trying to make sure she didn't get hurt) but I would argue it would have been roughly the same. Yeah, the game reacted a little bit but why couldn't Geralt have defended himself about Triss? He can stick up for himself about anything except his true love? Bad writing, bad decision making, missed opportunity here. Plain and simple.

Lol, yeah, you can lose multiple hours here without even thinking about it. :p Gotta keep coming back. We will see ourselves vindicated. >:)

I'll take anything, seriously.

Yeah, seriously... I'll take anything at this point.

Nice picture too. I like how she looks there - super cute. Just like always. :p

So we still lack of romance and we want more! Especially Triss
Well said. Nice picture to you too - damn, that moment is just too awesome. :wub:

I am kind of expecting a quest about getting a new rose of remembrance, since in the Witcher 2 it was the item that solidified their relationship, so a side quest in the W3 about getting a new one (and a different quest for Yen fans) would be amazing considering how a rose is probably the closest thing Triss and Geralt will get to a wedding ring

I fully support this idea. Even this small addition would help immensely - I've made this suggestion now 4 or 5 times. This would be a very satisfying and fulfilling quest. I don't think Yen needs a quest to solidify the romance - The Last Wish accomplishes this quite nicely for them. A quest about an aspect of their relationship would be okay for them but I don't think they so desperately need this stabilizing element that Triss and Geralt need.

---------- Updated at 11:03 PM ----------

there is, isn't there? I have one in my inventory and just thought it's useless cuz I didn't romance her.

It says Quest Item but there is currently no quest related to it. :dry:

---------- Updated at 11:04 PM ----------

Hey guys, look! One of the moderators (not a dev but still pretty high profile) is viewing our thread! :D

Welcome to the club @GuyNwah - anything interesting you could possibly tell us? ;) :p

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 6.53.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 6.53.46 PM.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I'll play bad guy.

Seriously some people here, worry less. CDPR has a reputation for fixing things from the initial release to make the players happy.

We know they'll read this thread, or at least some parts of it.

Just keep adding useful constructive criticism, examples of what players did like about this portion of the story, and have faith that the game will be improved to the degree that people express their wishes, and the resources of the studio.

I'll play bad guy.

Seriously some people here, worry less. CDPR has a reputation for fixing things from the initial release to make the players happy.

We know they'll read this thread, or at least some parts of it.

I know they are reading. I know they are considering it. Just debating whether or not they will give us what we want. Time will tell, I guess.

Just keep adding useful constructive criticism, examples of what players did like about this portion of the story, and have faith that the game will be improved to the degree that people express their wishes, and the resources of the studio.

I think we have been doing this quite well - I'm surprised at how civil and constructive this thread has stayed since starting up. I've been pretty consistently praising all that is good about the game - I think we all have. I just need to keep rotating back to the point of the thread. We need to stay on message too. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom