List Your Favorite Easter Eggs!

+
In Novigrod I heard a poor beggar complaining of his livelihood being taken away when someone cured his leprosy.

This is from Monty Python's Life of Brian.

In gwen card , a 10 power nilfgaard card ( archery ) has descripted : " i aim for the knee , always ." I believed it was skyrim .

I think I found the Witcher equivalent of the 7,000 Steps in Skyrim. Good lord that was a climb up this mountain! I took in the view quite a while as the massive clouds moved left to right, and the wind was "howling".

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-06-01 20-59-22.jpg
    witcher3 2015-06-01 20-59-22.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 66
My favorite so far would have to be the cemetery near Lindenvale; a reference there to Doctor Who. Near the entrance there are two angels on each side of the door, if you go in and then turn around the angels have moved pointing straight towards you. If you move out and position yourself in such a way that you cannot see them they will turn around towards your direction. For anyone familiar with Doctor Who this is a brilliant easter egg.

That was indeed a scary Doctor Who episode. Don't blink. ;)

1. On the Isle of Mists, you find Ciri (who has snow-white hair) with seven dwarfs wearing colored hats, and rescue the sleepy one.
The ending, where Ciri must enter the tower to save all worlds from oblivion after adventuring between them, reminds me of Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series. Maybe an homage? I don't remember any direct references.

Last edited:
Question: Ciri says she visited a world where people waged war from a distance, had machines in their heads, and everybody had a flying car. Anyone know if that's a specific reference? Jetsons? Battlestar Galactica? The Borg?

Question: Ciri says she visited a world where people waged war from a distance, had machines in their heads, and everybody had a flying car. Anyone know if that's a specific reference? Jetsons? Battlestar Galactica? The Borg?

That one's easy. Witcher fans, meet your future :)
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/35963-The-Witcher-3-easter-egg-referring-to-Cyberpunk-2077

(And that's the other half of the forums. Where the strange people like @Sardukhar hang out. They're all looking forward to meeting all of you.)

Last edited:
This one is one of my favorits, when you recruit Zoltan to help you over Kaer Morhen's battle he says "You have me and my axe!", reference to the Lord of the Rings, when Gimili agrees to help Frodo!

Cadbury's, Mars, any really. Although I do find that the chocolate is not as nice as in a bar. I do like the ones with bars (candy) inside them though even though you pay way over the top for the egg itself.

Oh, wait - Have I misunderstood the question here ?

Southwest of the place of power near Madman Lugos' place (Skellige) there is a cave. You can find one of the bear armor diagrams. You can also find three trolls there, named:

- Jesse
- Dodger
- Joe

The Youtubers :)

Southwest of the place of power near Madman Lugos' place (Skellige) there is a cave. You can find one of the bear armor diagrams. You can also find three trolls there, named:

- Jesse
- Dodger
- Joe

The Youtubers :)

I was scared to use Igni in there, what with all their flatulence.

Currently in Novigrad, heard the beggar complaining of being cured of leprosy...(Monty Python Life of Brian - great film & easter egg!) that others have caught.
Also, last night I was traversing the city at night & in a thunderstorm, and while crossing the main square, I suddenly heard "..I'm siiinging in the rainnnn....". :)
Cracked me up. Turned round to see which person it was, half expecting to see Gene Kelly dancing away......

My favorite so far would have to be the cemetery near Lindenvale; a reference there to Doctor Who. Near the entrance there are two angels on each side of the door, if you go in and then turn around the angels have moved pointing straight towards you. If you move out and position yourself in such a way that you cannot see them they will turn around towards your direction. For anyone familiar with Doctor Who this is a brilliant easter egg.

Best. Easter Egg. Ever!

Not sure if anyone mentioned it already, but during the quest "tower full of mice" you explore the story about 2 lovers. One is a nobleman's daughter and the boy is a fisherman. The father doesn't want them to marry. During an attack by peasants, the girl drank a sleep potion which should make her look dead. The boy survives but lives in depression and agony since then. When you bring him the remains of his girfriend, he kills himself with them, be be together with his loved one.
Is it just me, or does this remind me of Romeo and Juliet?
Romeo and Juliet were from families which didn't allow them to marry, just like the two lovers from W3.
One of them faked death and the other one thought it was real, taking their own life. At the end of it, both of them were dead,only to be reuinted.
Not saying it's romantic, but It has the same tragedy feeling

A little village in the Skellige isles has three good ones:
1) An old man complains that nobody knows the isles, and then says, "This. IS. SKELLIGE!"
2) A young lass during rainstorms will go into sing-song mode, ~It's rain-ING, put on your tun-IC."~
3) A young lad racing back and forth during rainstorms will say, "I'm gonna be a puddle-jumper!"

---------- Updated at 10:26 PM ----------

Not sure if anyone mentioned it already, but during the quest "tower full of mice" you explore the story about 2 lovers. One is a nobleman's daughter and the boy is a fisherman. The father doesn't want them to marry. During an attack by peasants, the girl drank a sleep potion which should make her look dead. The boy survives but lives in depression and agony since then. When you bring him the remains of his girfriend, he kills himself with them, be be together with his loved one.
Is it just me, or does this remind me of Romeo and Juliet?
Romeo and Juliet were from families which didn't allow them to marry, just like the two lovers from W3.
One of them faked death and the other one thought it was real, taking their own life. At the end of it, both of them were dead,only to be reuinted.
Not saying it's romantic, but It has the same tragedy feeling

Interesting! That's not the resolution I got for that quest. Mine was a bit more morbid.

Top Bottom