Unfinishable Quest (Don't Play With the Gods)

+
Unfinishable Quest (Don't Play With the Gods)

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I came across a quest regarding an elven ruin swarmed by wraiths. I eliminated all the wraiths, killed a noonwraith on the elven ruins. There was a corpse below the stairs going up the ruins and when I looted it, I got one note and a key. Note said there was a hidden cache stored in the ruins. Quest told me to use my Witcher senses to find the treasure.

Although trying for about an hour, I couldn't find anything. After that, I checked a walktrough on YouTube. Chest actually can be found really easily on top of the ruins, however, it doesn't glow red for me. Still when I walk up to it, chest says locked. Although I have the key from the corpse, I can't unlock it. When I press "e" button, nothing happens so the quest is stuck.

If you know a solution, please let me know.

Thanks a lot in advance ;)

I did this quest just last night. I had to use Aard to blast the hell out of the barrels, and it let me open the chest. Seems like it might be bugged then. Did you blast the barrels so you could get right up close?

Also, did you find out how to get into the lower ruins? There's a Place of Power down the slope from the ruins, obviously underground. I hear what I think is a giant bumping around down there, but I couldn't find a cave opening anywhere. Maybe part of the larger Elven ruin from the main story?

You have to progress in the main quest to get to the underground. I won't give any further spoilers ;)

Yes I blasted the barrels. When I get close to the chest it just says "locked"

I hope there aren't too valuable loots there :(

---------- Updated at 10:09 PM ----------

Update: I think I know what the problem is. After I looted the corpse and got the key and letter, I opened the chest BEFORE I read the letter. Probably that's why I couldn't open it again after reading the letter. Still a minor glitch though. If anyone else makes this side quest, be careful!

I also have a problem with the quest, but a different one. I killed the wraiths and the noonwraith. I got the key and opened the chest and got the loot, but the quest remains unfinished, telling me to look for the treasure, even though the hidden treasure marker in the map has gone greyed out.

Loot spoiler:
btw inside the chest there's the formula for Quebrith, so unless you can get it from another source it's kind of a valuable loot.

Aard on the barrels + Chest looted but quest doesn't complete, this whole area seems clunky when uncovered (bandit camp not validating + the quest said above not completing)

Note: if you want to access the 2nd part of the underground Ruins, entrance(or exit) to the cave is a little south of the Place of Power along the shore.

Just looted the Chest, Quest has not finished, and that's after fighting about 8 wraiths (Seriously, Why so many?).

I also have a problem with the quest, but a different one. I killed the wraiths and the noonwraith. I got the key and opened the chest and got the loot, but the quest remains unfinished, telling me to look for the treasure, even though the hidden treasure marker in the map has gone greyed out.

Loot spoiler:
btw inside the chest there's the formula for Quebrith, so unless you can get it from another source it's kind of a valuable loot.

On the contrary, our problems are the same. I actually looted the chest but it still shows the quest is still active. Bump btw.

Go underground! *light spoiler*

On the contrary, our problems are the same. I actually looted the chest but it still shows the quest is still active. Bump btw.
Hey all,
I had the same issue but ended up finding out there is underground entrance... large elvin ruins down below.
Follow the river....
Good luck!

Hey all,
I had the same issue but ended up finding out there is underground entrance... large elvin ruins down below.
Follow the river....
Good luck!

That elven ruin underground belongs to another quest with a certain other person (trying to avoid spoilers) I watched a walkthrough of that quest on YouTube and it ends when the chest is looted. For some reason, it stays stuck for some people unfortunately.

I did not receive a key for clearing the area. I go back now and there are no mobs and no lootable objects. Just the red glowing chest that says it's locked. Similar to the problem I wrote about here.

That's two side quests I can't complete because the key refuses to spawn. Come on, CDPR. You just had all that time to work on 1.05, you couldn't have tossed in a fix for this?

Having the same issue, I've looted the chest, used the key, killed all the wraiths and noonwraith,

also cleared the certain place that is underground, but nothing to loot neither at there nor at the ground place. This quest is certainly bugged.

Guest 3299227

Definitively bugged. Could be I touched the chest, before killing the wraith.
Quest kept being active for me, after killing the wraith, looting the corpse, reading note and opening the chest.
As a possible workaround, my quest resolved, when opening the chest before reading the note. (And maybe reading note afterwards).

I have the same problem, I've looted the chest, done everything in the area, even underground and the quest is still active, telling me to look around using the Witcher senses...

Latest version of the game 1.08+ something and I've yet to have a single playthrough without some quests being bugged... Every single time I encounter failed objectives I shouldn't have or quest that fail after being completed... Now this... The game is a perfectionist nightmare. Unfortunately none of these bugs are game breaking so they are never going to be fixed because "No one cares".

The first thing you should do when a quest bugs out like this is just reload the game and try it again. Had this happen tons of times with random Treasure Hunts over the course of my several playthroughs, and reloading a save just before doing the quest fixed it every time. (except the one in Skellige....Price of Honor? No one can get that one :p )

When I looted the dead guy on the steps of the ruins and got the key and note, I read the note, noticed there was a treasure on top of the ruins. It wouldn't let me get to it. I tried blasting the barrels surrounding it and nothing. So I figured since my screen showed glowing yellow I would explore more. I walked straight down to the water and turned around to look at the ruins, then started running left on the shore until I reached an underground cave. Took a bit to find it. It is right by the place of power. In the cave I fought off a bunch of monsters and was able to loot all the treasure in there. Still it showed a yellow circle on my map. Looked up how to get rid of that and noticed that some people said it was bugged (the quest). So I walked back to the ruins after looting all the treasure down below and noticed the treasure I really needed to complete the quest was glowing red. Don't know if this was bugged or just happened to not work until you get the stuff underground.

Top Bottom