[Bug] Objects shaking in cutscenes (especially on Ciri)

+
I noticed this more with necklaces. As an attempt to fix I did some editing of the ini files and reduced the value of [Physics} Dangle Speed from 700 to 100. in r4game/legacy/base/gameplay.ini

This was only one of around a dozen fixes I was trying at the same time (most of the rest were using more of the available system RAM for caching and relaxing the GC settings a bit, and increasing read-ahead and decal distances for things that seemed might make a visual difference (referenced in several places so I changed all to reflect the desired outcome)).

The result so far has been no loss of stability, less (no visible) stutter or pop-ins (but then I'm not in Novigrad right now). The annoying 'jitter' of worn accessories is gone. Quite a bit of scope between the initial value and my current test value... and it does seem a *tiny* bit slow, but much better slow than wibbling.

Lieste;n1875822 said:
I noticed this more with necklaces. As an attempt to fix I did some editing of the ini files and reduced the value of [Physics} Dangle Speed from 700 to 100. in r4game/legacy/base/gameplay.ini

This was only one of around a dozen fixes I was trying at the same time (most of the rest were using more of the available system RAM for caching and relaxing the GC settings a bit, and increasing read-ahead and decal distances for things that seemed might make a visual difference (referenced in several places so I changed all to reflect the desired outcome)).

The result so far has been no loss of stability, less (no visible) stutter or pop-ins (but then I'm not in Novigrad right now). The annoying 'jitter' of worn accessories is gone. Quite a bit of scope between the initial value and my current test value... and it does seem a *tiny* bit slow, but much better slow than wibbling.

Just chiming in to say that i was running intot his issue as well on PC v 1.31 and this tweak resolved the issue. Thank you!

Core i7
Nvidia 1050 ti
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Last edited:
Also, ensure that you are running some form of Vsync / Frame Limit, and that your monitor refresh is set to 60 Hz. These are all things that can muck with the frame timing that the physics engine relies on.

I've tried everything, and Ciri's scabbard and pouch STILL wont stop shaking during cutscenes. I've tried setting the Framerate to 60, turning on Vsync and i tried altering the Gameplay.ini

Last edited:
Are you or have you ever used any mods? Particularly things that would have changed physics, weapon models, changed the way cutscenes work, etc.?

Without knowing anything about it, it‘s tricky to help here. If you are using a Nvidia graphics card, I suggest rolling back to version 399 or older.

Also: are there any TW3 mods installed on your computer?

1.) Usually, this is the result of a "physics explosion". Use Vsync and/or Limit FPS to 60 (try all possible combos) to see if it alleviates the situation.

2.) Seconding the mods question. Are you using any, or have you ever used any in the past?

3.) Running a verify / repair through GOG / Steam / Origin can't hurt.

1.) Usually, this is the result of a "physics explosion". Use Vsync and/or Limit FPS to 60 (try all possible combos) to see if it alleviates the situation.

2.) Seconding the mods question. Are you using any, or have you ever used any in the past?

3.) Running a verify / repair through GOG / Steam / Origin can't hurt.

I have tried the turning on vsync and limit my fps that didn't fix the problem. I have never downloaded mods and running a verify on steam didn't fix the issue.
My pc specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K
GPU: GeForce RTX 2080
16 GB RAM
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 UD

0.) Just for giggles, limit the refresh rate of your monitor to 60 Hz. I truly doubt it will do anything, but it's worth ruling it out.

1.) I'm going to guess that it's something in the drivers, then. (The game was certainly not built for the RTX architechture.) Try rolling back the drivers as far as you can, ensuring you perform a CLEAN installation. You may want to use Display Driver Uninstaller first, just to be safe.

2.) Download the Legacy PhysX drivers for your GPU...if they're available. It's quite possible they won't be, or that you'll need a certain version of them. You should be able to find some answers on Nvidia's website.

3.) I'd recommend bringing this up on Nvidia's forums as well and/or contact their tech support about the issue. Whatever is causing this is most likely to be something with the GPU / drivers.

In that case, it would help to know more about your PC (GPU, RAM, CPU...).
Did you try any of the suggestions from above?
Are you using mods for TW3?
Hey, I’ve got an RTX 2080 and i7 6700k at 4.6 ghz, with 16 GB of 3200 RAM.

I am running mods, but I’m fairly sure I ran into this problem when I played basically vanilla last year (also on the bloody baron). Happens at both above 60 FPS and right at 60, tested in the cutscene where Ciri destroys the ice staff. The above ini tweak didn’t help, her pouch is still shaking quite a bit and the dagger a bit too. Worth noting, I had the exact same problem as in the gif earlier.

modlist:
HD reworked
Nitpickers patch
Griffin set redesign
NPC 60 FPS physics (tried installing to fix problem, but didn’t help)
No more nudity (used to use this)
Quen toxicity bug fix
Dedication NG+ sound fix

can’t remember rest, if any.

You can also check out this existing thread:

Have same issue
Here is from separate thread:

Hey, I’ve got an RTX 2080 and i7 6700k at 4.6 ghz, with 16 GB of 3200 RAM.

I am running mods, but I’m fairly sure I ran into this problem when I played basically vanilla last year (also on the bloody baron). Happens at both above 60 FPS and right at 60, tested in the cutscene where Ciri destroys the ice staff. The above ini tweak didn’t help, her pouch is still shaking quite a bit and the dagger a bit too. Worth noting, I had the exact same problem as in the gif earlier.

modlist:
HD reworked
Nitpickers patch
Griffin set redesign
NPC 60 FPS physics (tried installing to fix problem, but didn’t help)
No more nudity (used to use this)
Quen toxicity bug fix
Dedication NG+ sound fix

can’t remember rest, if any.

It might still be a good idea, to try it out without mods.

And rolling back to an older graphics driver version is worth trying, as suggested in the link.

Top Bottom