Patch 1.03 now available on consoles

+
Patch 1.03 now available on consoles

The patch 1.03 has just been released and is now available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Here is the list of changes and fixes:

XBOX ONE
Corrects a bug where the player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs.
Corrects an issue related to Stamina regeneration while sprinting.
Corrects a bug that could cause spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
Reduces spawn times for certain groups of NPCs.
Blood particles will now correctly appear on water surfaces after foes are killed.
Corrects a visual effect in the Wandering in the Dark quest.
Improves foliage behavior in scenes.
Reduces foliage shadow popping.
Introduces a series of improvements in water rendering.
"Melltith" sword is visible again.
Fixes some minor graphics bugs in gwent.
Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.
Improves performance, especially in cutscenes and during gameplay.
Caps the framerate at 30 fps.
Fixes an issue that caused the autosave function to break during longer game sessions.
Introduces a number of minor improvements in SFX.
Fixes an issue that could have caused an infinite loading screen in certain circumstances in the Wandering in the Dark quest.
Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused rare instances of dialogue looping in certain scenes.
Improves stability in gameplay and the UI, especially during games of gwent.
Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.
Fixes an occasional bug in the Journal in the Fake Papers quest.
Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.
Button callouts are now correctly displayed in the Main and Pause menus in the Japanese version.

PS4
Corrects a bug where the player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs.
Corrects an issue related to Stamina regeneration while sprinting.
Corrects a bug that could cause spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
Reduces spawn times for certain groups of NPCs.
Blood particles will now properly appear on water surfaces after foes are killed.
Corrects a visual effect in the Wandering in the Dark quest.
Improves foliage behavior in scenes.
Reduces foliage shadow popping.
"Melltith" sword is visible again.
Fixes some minor graphics bugs in gwent.
Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.
Improves performance, especially in cutscenes and during gameplay.
Introduces a number of minor improvements in SFX.
Fixes an issue that could have caused an infinite loading screen in certain circumstances in “Wandering in the Dark” quest.
Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused rare instances of dialogue looping in certain scenes.
Improves stability in gameplay and the UI, especially during games of gwent.
Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.
Fixes an occasional bug in the Journal in the “Fake Papers” quest.
Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.

since this patch npcs in novigrad and around the world (especially blacksmiths in novigrad) dont load unless I meditate for an hour. I walk in a street 10 o clock in the morning its empty. I meditate for an hour and then its loaded with npcs. This is killing the game for me, is there going to be a fix? should I uninstall and erase my saves then reinstall? I dont care about other bugs but this one is just unbearable. I dont mind starting the game from scratch if this issue is resolved.

hey..i have a problem im at the echos of the past quest it has bug i think...i can use my mask on but i cant see the ghosts.. i have tried to everything but noting happens? i have tried to go and do other quest and return later and nothing works..i have played like 20 hours and i dont want to replay all that just for a bug.

Thank you CDPR! But I have a question. Should I install every patch (I mean the day one patch as well) or just the latest 1.03?

CDPR i just want to say thank you very much for this game. Bugs are inevitable in a game like this. Im having a huge issue though. After downloading the patch (1.03) my xbox started freezing constantly, even after I closed the game. it would keep freezing for 5-10 minutes and then unfreezing for a few seconds, then back to the long freeze and my system was pretty much broke untill i finally was ableto get into the settings and restore my xbox to its factory settings. it really sucks cause now i cant even attempt to install the game without my system freezing. I love this game and want to get back into it ASAP please help.

Ever since I updated on the Xbox one to patch 1.03 there has been a loading screen bug on the Kings gambit mission where after you catch the guy on the horse when you choose to go with Cerys and he starts fleeing the castle and u speak to him and finish speaking to him it just puts a never ending black loading screen and I've tried to fix it buy in installing and re installing the game and clearing my system cache but when u have another app snapped and u look at both of them then in snap the app you can briefly see witcher in the background then it resumes with the black loading screen. Please can u help with this cos I really want to play witcher because it is such a good game but at the moment I'm struggling to even start the game up please think about this request CD projekt red my Xbox GT is I PrOtO ViBe if u need to message me but on here is fine as well please and thankyou

hello guys i am playing the witcher 3 on ps 4 and i have a big problem i cant use my witchsings no one wtf

Since this update everytime I leave dialog with a npc everything around me blurs out really bad. I also had an issue during the Fyke isle mission where it kept skipping every couple of steps as if the game was having loading issues. Also when I try to go back to the main menu I get the infinate loading screen.

How come I'm still stuck with patch 1.01? I checked for the latest update yesterday and it wasn't available. I'm from the Philippines. Is patch 1.03 available in Asian countries? Any info would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Already went to patch 1.03 on PS4 ? I am trying it on my ps4 and I am still at patch 1.01

I am from singapore

Wondering will this patch 1.03 solve the magic lamp bug

Any info will be appreciate

Hi, is there any particular reason why the changes to the loot window size were not an optional setting? I'm aware of the massive amount of feedback against it, but I can't see why the minority should have to live with what the majority want when there's no need to.

In the upcoming update (1.04) for consoles the HUD and fonts will be enlarged. That's good for some... but not all. Please let that (and the loot window) be optional changes. Maybe add a setting in the options menu? Would very much appreciate an answer to this :)

I could really see some big changes after I got the latest update! Thanks project red!

Last edited:
Since the battle with Imlerith i cannot use signs and now in ithe quest escape from prison i cannot blow up the wall with aard. I have ps4 version

This isn't a bug-reporting thread. There's an entire sub-forum available for that here:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forums/174-Tech-Support

Nor is it a place for posting spoilers. Please show courtesy for other forum users.
And finally, it's not a place for posting your favourite change request. Please stick to existing threads, as posting such requests in multiple places ALSO annoys other forum users.

Top Bottom