Pausing in-game cutscenes

+
Pausing in-game cutscenes

Many games have this ability so it makes it easier for us gamers to go to the bathroom for a moment or simply trying to understand a word in the subtitles. I hope you guys will look into this to really make the Witcher 3 perfect. There are also people who want to learn new languages by playing your games too. With Great Power comes Great Responsibility..

That would be sweet. Sometimes I get a phone call or a knock on the door and I have to replay it lol.

I think this would be a cool feature. Not for taking bathroom breaks (that's what the bottles under my desk are for :whistle: ), but for taking pictures!

Last edited:
This has been discussed quite a few times and although it would be a nice addition, we all agree, there is a workaround.

PC players can alt+tab out. Console players can back out to their homescreens.

Both these will pause cutscenes so you can rescue the vcr from the kids sticking marmite sandwiches in them,

i think this would be a cool feature. Not for taking bathroom breaks (that's what the bottles under my desk are for :whistle: ), but for taking pictures!

lol

---------- Updated at 04:07 AM ----------

This has been discussed quite a few times and although it would be a nice addition, we all agree, there is a workaround.

PC players can alt+tab out. Console players can back out to their homescreens.

Both these will pause cutscenes so you can rescue the vcr from the kids sticking marmite sandwiches in them,

How can we take in-game pictures exactly when we want to so we dont have to go back later and read the subtitles if there're words we don't understand..

How can we take in-game pictures exactly when we want to so we dont have to go back later and read the subtitles if there're words we don't understand..

You ask for a solution to a problem. You are given a solution. You come up with a different question? Are you female by any chance?

Cellphone? xbox has the ability to record the last however many seconds as video, I'm sure playstation has the same. If you're on PC... well, life sucks sometimes ;)

Ravici.. Sometimes i need to pause the game. I did try Alt+Tab but the cutscenses were still playing. And there are words that i dont understand so i need to pause the game to get the spelling right to define them because i too want to understand the story.. With another purpose in mind, I want to take notes when ever i notice something worthy about the game because i want to learn how to make games too.

i would like that too, sometimes phone rings or someone at the door and you are in a middle of a cut scene, and you miss the dialog :(

You mean like a certain other game?

Cellphone? xbox has the ability to record the last however many seconds as video, I'm sure playstation has the same. If you're on PC... well, life sucks sometimes ;)
Actually PC has the same feature. it's called: an infinite amount of free video-capture software. But that's a terribly inconvient way to do it when you could just **pause** the cutscene instead.

@everyone else: I did think of a caviet to this though. In Witcher 2 if you paused a cutscene with [ESC} the audio from the cutscene would continue. Maybe that's the reason why they don't let you do it? It would dysynch the audio and video?

Actually PC has the same feature. it's called: an infinite amount of free video-capture software. But that's a terribly inconvient way to do it when you could just **pause** the cutscene instead.

@everyone else: I did think of a caviet to this though. In Witcher 2 if you paused a cutscene with [ESC} the audio from the cutscene would continue. Maybe that's the reason why they don't let you do it? It would dysynch the audio and video?

Ya, I know PC has way more capture options but they are all of a more technical nature which is why I left that for the PC users to answer ;)

Top Bottom