Can't free a prisoner

+
Can't free a prisoner

In Valen, there is a "Merchant in Distress" just south of the Pontar and north of the Hanged Man's Tree. When I first rode through I was way under-leveled so I galloped through the point of interest and rode away. Now that I've come back, the camp is empty... except for the poor dude in the cage. Since I can't find the bandits, I can't fight them for the key... so he's essentially stuck.

The range that the enemy follows you wouldn't have taken them *that far* from the cage and even in case of a ghoul attack or something, I doubt they'd all just have vanished completely. I have a feeling this is a bug.

I have the same issue but in a different location. In the Mire - North, Bandits' Camp marker post, I went to free a distressed prisoner. I killed off all the bandits and looted every nook and cranny. The bandit leader did not drop the key to the prisoner cage, nor did I find it amongst any of the loot. Therefore, I cannot open the cage and the prisoner keeps telling me "Witcher, get the key..." (prisoner says words to that effect). So, I left the poor guy in the cage while the camp is empty of bandits and loot. It's not a major thing, but as a completionist this bothers the hell of out me. Please fix this CDPR.

I killed all the bandits and looted them and no key... ugh is there a console command or something to give the key?

Hi

Same problem here, I killed everyone in the camp, looted all the bodies, no key.
The poor dude is still asking my to get him out of the cage. LOL

I also found a camp that didn't update to done when I cleared it.
I looked everywhere with my witcher sense, nothing glows and no treasure chest.

Mike

Last edited:
Top Bottom