Highest Scoring Gwent Round loosing or winning Picture Posts Please

+
Highest Scoring Gwent Round loosing or winning Picture Posts Please

I am having a great time, taking my time in the W3. It's like a fine wine for me, sipped slowly and relished. Played Gwent yesterday literally all day, very little Witcher 3 action. Now I am somewhere between a beginner and a novice in Gwent, but I am having fun.

Played a person with a wicked Deck and still beat them however, this one round i got demolished. This is the highest ever round of Gwent i have seen in nearly 2 weeks. Please would love to see a screen shot of a Gwent round winning of loosing with high numbers.

View attachment 15523

---------- Updated at 09:12 PM ----------

would love to see anyone else's experiences

Attachments

• 128 round.jpg
    128 round.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 78
I wish I had taken screen caps of the two highest scores I've seen. My top was, I think, 93 v 76 my win, using the Northern Kingdoms Deck. The second highest was I think 86 v 36 my loss against some Monster deck

you might want to add not using the console on pc to get multiple cards :p because having 50 spies in a deck and 50 young emissaries is fun

I like my 2 spy cards I have, wish I had that siege guy though. Not sure what young emissaries effects are, maybe "bond?"

Drat, no screenshots...but my highest I believe was 144 (x2 catapult + horn + 2 seige enginners, x2 Dragon Hunter x3 Blue Stripes Commando, with Dandelion for Horn as the backbone. Basically, went into that round able to play all my bond pairings in a single go.). If you can get into the final round with still 6-8 cards in your hand, including at least two 'bond' sets and are able to get them in play, clearing 100 points is very doable. The pathway to this is getting a decent draw which will allow you to get your spy cards and play them early, plus tactical use of your medic revival cards to allow you to play your 2-card bond pairs early and then get them back for the final round.

Closest all-in contest I've had int he final round was a 86-85 win against a Nilf deck. Thought I had lost when bad play allowed the AI to Scorch one of my catapults and thus prevent my supposed game-sealing Bond pairing, when he still had 4 cards to play. Thankfully, one of those cards was a 'clear weather', and his 3 remaining unit cards left him just 1 point short.

---------- Updated at 06:32 AM ----------

I like my 2 spy cards I have, wish I had that siege guy though. Not sure what young emissaries effects are, maybe "bond?"

Yes, young emissaries are one of the bond pairings for the Nilf deck. Bond pairings are extremely powerful because of the multiplier, especially when paired with a Commander's Horn, it is the best way to build up a huge score very quickly. I also really like Bond pairings because they allow you to be strategic, by playing one, you can get some strength on the board, but it is often protected from Scorch because just a single version of the card is generally only middle-to-low strength (5 or under in most cases). This allows you to play cards and force the enemy to commit cards including, most importantly, his Scorch(s), on a less valuable target (hopefully a single card in the 7-12 strength range).

Didn't think to take a screenshot at the time, but... my highest score was 152, playing Northern Kingdoms against Sasha's Nilfgaardian deck in the 'High Stakes' gwent tournament. I think she finished in the low 140's? 142, 144, something like that.

The short version: We both brought so many spies to the table, and then Decoy'd them and Medic'd them and swapped them back and forth that we almost played through our entire decks. Throw in some Dandelions, a Commander's Horn or two, and zero weather effects, and it was essentially the combined weight of our entire decks against one another--the full power of my deck was 158 so there couldn't have been more than a single combat card left in the pile. If I recall, I only had 3 draws left in the deck and she only had 5.

Definitely the most traumatic match of my entire gwent career! Nothing but back-and-forth until the very end.

---------- Updated at 06:41 AM ----------

Thaler definitely makes your life easier with Northern Kingdoms, he's the best spy in the game aside from Avallac'h. As soon as you get him, he'll improve the performance of any other cards you already have.

144 and 152 thanks guys, looking forward to some screenies if it happens again. No idea decks could produce such high score.

Funnily enough, once you have a good variety of powerful minions and all spies you really don't need any weather effects anymore. The only REALLY useful one is the anti-melee one against certain monster decks in combination with Veleentheherherhehtnmerth. Avallac'hMysterious Elf might be the single most overpowered card in the game: It stalls, it's a 0 power spy and it allows you to play two cards worth of power on your board, which can be upwards of 20 power, depending on the quality of your minions and it cannot be decoy'ed by your enemy. Absolutely ridiculous.

As for the highest amount of power: 182 was my highest with my endgame NK deck. Decoy is ridiculously good with spy cards. I'll play some games for show effect and try to reproduce that.

Here's the highest I could muster up in a short timeframe:

Could've gained another 40 power if two of my 12 power siege minions were catapults (32 power each). Other than that I don't think you can gain much more with the amount of draw you can have.

Last edited:

Could've gained another 40 power if two of my 12 power siege minions were catapults (32 power each). Other than that I don't think you can gain much more with the amount of draw you can have.

pure insanity, amazing decks

All credit goes to §Teras§ from The Witcher Memes Facebook page.

How did he end up with three catapults? There are only two copies available in the game.

Edit: Just noticed the two Yen cards. <.<

Last edited:

15 cards on the table... So you probably Medic'd, and then Decoy'd the Medic, but did you have a spy out earlier and they snatched it up?

Still... You can only get so many cards out at a time. Barring a Spy vs. Spy vs. Spy vs. Spy scenario like the one I encountered against Sasha, this is about 95% of the NK deck's full potential right here.

No pic, but this morning I got 270 something. Was a Northern Realms VS Northern Realms game, opponent dropped 3 spies, I picked two up with practice dummies and managed to get more spies. I have 4 or 5 in my deck. I think 4, anyways it was the first time I manged to cycle through my entire deck, with the help of 2 medic cards. So I dropped 9 spies in total that game XD

A commanders horn in each row, numbers get huge.

yeah spy/decoy combo is devastating. Infact i dont even use any weather cards in my deck to make sure i get either decoy or scorched as my special card draws. Can go to 3 spy cards, with the mysterious elf hero card that adds 0 power to enemy. I have yet to see if its possible to get a 4th or more spy card. I find horn generally useless, because i always wait for the enemy to pimp out their cards in the battlefield, then either let them win, or just use scorch and the melee dragon card that burns away melee units. If enemy pumps seige, i'll use foltest seige destroyer.

Can go to 3 spy cards, with the mysterious elf hero card that adds 0 power to enemy. I have yet to see if its possible to get a 4th or more spy card. I find horn generally useless, because i always wait for the enemy to pimp out their cards in the battlefield, then either let them win, or just use scorch and the melee dragon card that burns away melee units. If enemy pumps seige, i'll use foltest seige destroyer.

Definitely can get four spies in the if playing Northern Realms, Stennis, Dijkstra, Thaler and the neutral mysterious elf. Don't know if there are more neutral spy cards.
I prefer the commanders horn to scorch, because my normal strategy is to spy/decoy spam, then just swamp them or if no spies are present then decoy bait out as much as possible in round one. Round two is always a easy win against the pc, because they want to save cards for round 3 for some reason. Then swamp them with horns and Foltest horn ability round 3.

Definitely can get four spies in the if playing Northern Realms, Stennis, Dijkstra, Thaler and the neutral mysterious elf. Don't know if there are more neutral spy cards.
I prefer the commanders horn to scorch, because my normal strategy is to spy/decoy spam, then just swamp them or if no spies are present then decoy bait out as much as possible in round one. Round two is always a easy win against the pc, because they want to save cards for round 3 for some reason. Then swamp them with horns and Foltest horn ability round 3.

I dont have the 4th spy card for northern realm, but i prefer nilfgaardian deck much more then northern realm cos i have all the spy unit cards there. The main reason for it is because nifgaardian deck is littered with units that can revive units and the commander ability to pick a card from enemy graveyard. This is extremely effective against pretty much every other deck builds, mainly because it can just troll the other team to death. If they try to stack up against me using horns and same unit combos, i burn them with scorch and the melee dragon unit. If they use spies on me and i am out of decoy, i throw in my useless cards and pull out their strong units, then give up the round. Next round, i revive the dead unit spies from both mine and their graveyard, then simply overwhelm them with card number superiority. My victories is not by sheer brute force, but by overwhelming my enemy with cards and trolling them to death. Its very normal to win with 5-7 cards remaining and the opponent having 0.

Last edited:
I dont have the 4th spy card for northern realm, but i prefer nilfgaardian deck much more then northern realm cos i have all the spy unit cards there. The main reason for it is because nifgaardian deck is littered with units that can revive units and the commander ability to pick a card from enemy graveyard. This is extremely effective against pretty much every other deck builds, mainly because it can just troll the other team to death. If they try to stack up against me using horns and same unit combos, i burn them with scorch and the melee dragon unit. If they use spies on me and i am out of decoy, i throw in my useless cards and pull out their strong units, then give up the round. Next round, i revive the dead unit spies from both mine and their graveyard, then simply overwhelm them with card number superiority. My victories is not by sheer brute force, but by overwhelming my enemy with cards and trolling them to death.

Nice, I like it XD
I'm kinda short on good Nifgaardian cards, random drops have not been kind to me I guess. Getting so many monster cards lately and wow do I not like the monster deck set up. I was really keen on scoia'tael till I saw they had no spies.

Top Bottom