Addressing the no XP Glitch

+
But you people don't remember the 99 good things they've done. No, the only thing you care for is the 1 bad thing. And that's fucking ungrateful.

I demand a little bit of patience and commitment to CDPR from all of you because unlike many other devs and publishers, they have never let their community down before. So just accept the situation like it is and stop asking permanently if the patch is ready yet. It won't come any faster if you do.

The only reason I'm even on this forum is because I was sold a defective product for full price and want to know when will it be fixed. While the vagueness of the mods about it is mildly (but getting stronger over time) annoying I don't mind the wait.

However it's petty self-righteous white knights like you that really bother me. Apparently asking why the product I paid for doesn't work is in bad form. Asking when will it be fixed is COMPLETELY unreasonable. I mean what was I thinking, paying for something and expecting it to work. That's not how it works right? Guess what, I don't know how a game is made - that's why I paid for one. I don't know, or care for, the detailed history of the company and how big or small they are. The sum total of my knowledge is this - they took my money and sold me defective product. How good that product is if it worked is inconsequential BECAUSE IT'S DEFECTIVE.

Last edited:
I'm really not surprised by some of the answers I got, no one likes to be told that their behavior is just rude.

Yes, there are bugs in the Witcher 3 and yes, there are a few that are really annoying. But you didn't buy a defective product. That is just not correct. I'm playing on PS 4 and my game is working nearly flawless. Maybe we have a different interpretation of the word "defective". To me, a game that runs like intended and let's me do all sorts of things isn't defective. Not if it's just these few bugs. It's hilarious that some people use terms like defective, game-breaking or even fraud.

Yes, of course you can ask why a part of the game you bought isn't working properly, but you can do that in a nice way. And when you're told that people are working on a fix for that problem, you can wait for it to happen.

But go on ranting about how desastrous this game is and how you have been deceived by these bad bad devs who don't want to please their fanbase but just take your money and live the good life in the carribean...

Last edited:
Also, you will be able to finish the game with your character achieving a level within the threshold we had in mind when we designed the game.

Frankly this is hugely unfair. The UE says that it is us, whos playing the game ergo we decide about "lvl thresholds". There might be a level requirement by the game, but to outline it again, the threshold to finish the game is up to us. I don't want to "fit" technical requirements when it comes to roleplaying, you know.

I'm really not surprised by some of the answers I got, no one likes to be told that their behavior is just rude.

Yes, there are bugs in the Witcher 3 and yes, there are a few that are really annoying. But you didn't buy a defective product. That is just not correct. I'm playing on PS 4 and my game is working nearly flawless. Maybe we have a different interpretation of the word "defective". To me, a game that runs like intended and let's me do all sorts of things isn't defective. Not if it's just these few bugs. It's hilarious that some people use terms like defective, game-breaking or even fraud.

Yes, of course you can ask why a part of the game you bought isn't working properly, but you can do that in a nice way. And when you're told that people are working on a fix for that problem, you can wait for it to happen.

But go on ranting about how desastrous this game is and how you have been deceived by these bad bad devs who don't want to please their fanbase but just take your money and live the good life in the carribean...

Yes someone is being rude and it's not the people asking why their product doesn't work.

Defective - Having a defect; faulty. We have the same definition, you just let the glare of your shiny armor blind you. The term "defective" is perfectly correct. "Game-breaking" can be correct if you hit a severe enough bug, which people have. Fraud is just people being angry. Your experience with the game is completely meaningless to me, but thanks for sharing.

Note I haven't actually asked anything, I got all the information I needed by post 8 in this thread on Saturday and was content to leave it alone until fixed, this is entirely for your (and other white knights) benefit.

You speak about "ungratfull people", I have a question :

Who are the ungratefull people ?
- The guys like me who give trust to CDPR because we bought the game, with real money and not hacked it
- Or the devs, who doesn't patch a massive bug since ONE WEEK and unable to give a us a fucking realease date for the fix

I will be gratefull when I will get some respect from CDPR, because the game is awesome. But at this moment, they treat us like shit.

Yes, I speak about ungrateful people. CDPR has never before given us any reason not to trust them. On the contrary, I don't know any company who is so much in touch with their community than them or has done so much for them. They postpone the release of their game so they can deliver a more polished version FOR THE FANS. They'll release 16 free DLC as an apology for delaying the game to be more polished FOR THE FANS. EA would have delayed the game without comment and then would have charged you for these 16 DLC. So much for treating you like shit, right?

If they haven't fixed the problem yet, there will be a reason for that. Of course I would like to know a release date or at least the reason why it takes so long too. But I trust CDPR even if I don't get these answers.

But this isn't enough for some people, some people just need something to complain. They treat you like shit? You, sir, just proved my point.

Some people nowadays need more POLISHED games like AC Unity. They deserve it only.

You know that u can NOT do quests that are low level right?

Regardless of your opinion on this matter, bickering certainly won't help it. I am too disappointed that I've not been able to play the game for several days but the patch is coming. I'd rather CDPR not rush the release to make sure we don't get another 1.04 disaster patch.

There's this bug ongoing now, which prevents some users from getting XP points. There's a possibility you might be a victim of this.
Not too sure, but the quest's supposed to give you XP.

Edit: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/42937-Addressing-the-no-XP-Glitch?p=1718751#post1718751 << More info on the matter

Thanks. I am aware of the xp bug, but as I understand it only applies to quests 5-6 lvls over or under your character lvl? Kings Gambit quest is a lvl 18 quest, and my character is lvl 21.

Some people nowadays need more POLISHED games like AC Unity. They deserve it only.

You know that u can NOT do quests that are low level right?

Never having played AC Unity, I'll assume you're being sarcastic. Other people's mistakes are not an excuse for your own.

You know the XP glitch affects quests REGARDLESS of whether they are high or low level right?

Last edited:
Thanks. I am aware of the xp bug, but as I understand it only applies to quests 5-6 lvls over or under your character lvl? Kings Gambit quest is a lvl 18 quest, and my character is lvl 21.

Honestly I'm not too sure about that, you can try and do another quest to make sure you're either affected or not. Make sure you have a backup save, so you don't lose too much progress if you're affected (if you care about the missing xp).
I completed King's Gambit yesterday, and I'm pretty sure I leveled up afterwards, meaning I got xp from it.

I completely stopped playing now when I did not get XP for a major quest, Love the game but I'm not going to bother with it until this gets fixed. WE really need the console patch out before the weekend.

I waited the whole weekend for the "monday fix"...yesterday i had enough...i started playing and giving myself XP-s through console command. The game in itslef has a strange curve when Geralt a hundred years old famous witcher cannot use an everyday axe because it's +1 level than him...and a bandit without pants or a nekker is stronger than a Griffin at White Orchard...so i am just in for the story from now on...easy difficulty and xp cheat. Maybe when the enhanced edition and the two dlc comes out i will download some mods and play with it again.

I am not saying i regret that i bought the game. I still think it's a masterpiece, but a plus one month of testing would have done wonders to the game! Peace you all!

No more xp!!! I've been playing nonstop on xbox one every evening since release and now I'm not getting any additional xp for missions that are green (ie within arbitrary xp level giving range, ie I'm L21 doing L17 quests)!!! Ahgh this is so frustrating. I just finished "lord beard face mission" and killed the ice giant and got nothing. Game didn't even tell me mission was complete. Then did beard face's sister mission and got nothing also. I also had another L14 quest fail for no apparent reason at this point. This is f'ing rubbish!! Can't play anymore. Huge shame as I was enjoying this game a lot.

By the way it is a very poor (nay f'ing terrible) mechanic to deny xp to missions below current level range since this funnels players into doing all quest within level range rather than being free to explore open world game at their leisure. This is especially poor since so little xp is gained from just roaming and killing beasties.

PLEASE FIX or game will end up in trash.

I think you have misunderstood the bug.

Not getting experience for quests that are grey (below 5 levels lower than your level) is by design.

The bug is when green quests (within 5 levels) do not give XP. It is postulated that handing in a quest in the former category (grey so not giving XP by design) can trigger the bug (not getting XP for quests that should give XP i.e. within 5 levels).

---------- Updated at 02:10 PM ----------

But you didn't buy a defective product. That is just not correct. I'm playing on PS 4 and my game is working nearly flawless. Maybe we have a different interpretation of the word "defective". To me, a game that runs like intended and let's me do all sorts of things isn't defective. Not if it's just these few bugs. It's hilarious that some people use terms like defective, game-breaking or even fraud.

Defective (in common parlance) boils down to 'imperfect or faulty'

In software testing parlance a defect is a deviation from the expected outcome when running some code.

Defects are usually caused by bugs (but needn't be) and bugs usually cause defects (but needn't always).

So in this case bug(s) have caused defect(s). No throwing toys out the pram it is what it is.

P.S. I do reserve the right to throw toys out of the pram if a fix isn't pretty swiftly incoming :)

Top Bottom