Are there any mentions of Saskia or Iorveth in the game?? (some spoiler)

+
I would have liked to hear about the Empire having trouble against Guerrillas in the Pontar Valley, until we get hard proof its what I am going to assume. There isn't really much reason for him to be in Velan anyway.

I would have liked to hear about the Empire having trouble against Guerrillas in the Pontar Valley, until we get hard proof its what I am going to assume. There isn't really much reason for him to be in Velan anyway.

The Squirrels fight for the empire though.

Iorveth and Saskia:

While I love the story, I'm very disappointed that I've heard nothing of these two. Their arcs and characters built up so much in W2, only to see nothing of them, even in spite of my choices. It would be nice to see their characters expanded upon, in an expansion. Preferably a bigger scale storyline, as opposed to a mere cameo.

((Discuss))

Their absence is conspicuous.

HOWEVER, I'd prefer they build an entire game around them than just throw them in.

i am mroe interested in iorveth then saskia getting some attention. more so, since he is one of the ppl who actually fought in the 2nd war and some insight from there is certainly interesting in comparing 2nd war with the now 3th war. plus saskia could have already died in the 2nd game, giving her a bigger role is difficult ( on the other hand thaler is alive, even if you killed him in the 1 game)

i am mroe interested in iorveth then saskia getting some attention. more so, since he is one of the ppl who actually fought in the 2nd war and some insight from there is certainly interesting in comparing 2nd war with the now 3th war. plus saskia could have already died in the 2nd game, giving her a bigger role is difficult ( on the other hand thaler is alive, even if you killed him in the 1 game)

Yes, sure she could have died. But that doesn't make her any less relevant. I mean, what's the point of curing her, if the plotline gets tossed out the window. As for Iorveth, I kinda see him like I do Yaeven. He has his place, but compared to the position of Saskia and what her rulership means, there's a lot more potential there for a story. Still... I would have liked to see more from the Scoiatel too, I suppose. They kinda take a backseat this time around.

They are in a different land area thent eh game and should NOT be here. From them to appear would be stupid lore wise.

If Zoltan can be in Novigrad, then so could Iorveth. I also imported my W2 savegame with Iorveth's path. Kind of sucked he wasn't in the game and Roche was. Had i known, I would've imported my Roche savegame.

(Minor Spoilers) Please CD Projekt Red if you won't put them in the first edition make a DLC where you go to Vergen/Aedirn or at least have them in the game I was so looking forward to meeting characters from Witcher 2, but Roche(is that how you spell it?) was Two dimensinal, and Zoltan didnt even mention Vergen.

Iorveth is dead if you want to believe the Scoia'tael, quote from one of their random banter:

"So riddled with arrows he resembled a hedgehog. I tell you, Iorveth is dead. Deireadh."

Where is Iorveth?

I just finished a game, about 150 hours of gameplay so I did preaty mutch everything and didnt come across Iorveth anywhere... Did someone meet him? or Saskia? It sucks a little bit that Roche is so big part of the story and Iorveth is not even there... I sided with him in Witcher 2 and now it seems kind of pointles...

Short answer: Ploughing she-elfs in some woods.

Long answer: Probably awaiting his return in either a: a free dlc questline or b: One of the future expansions.

I too want to see him make a return, along with Saskia and some others. Im pretty sure CDPR are working on something as we speak. Especially after all the people screaming for Iorveth content.

They will probably show up in an expansion, if CDPR wants to do damage control.

But as far as I am concerned, the damage is already done. They should have been integrated in a meaningful way, and them being attached with an expansion will still have them feel very isolated from he rest of the game.

They should have been integrated in a meaningful way, and them being attached with an expansion will still have them feel very isolated from he rest of the game

They can't be integrated in any way that's not some meaningless without CDPR devoting a good amount of resources towards continuing the racial conflict plot they started in TW1 and that's obviously not something they wanted to do.

Also why would they be in Velen/Novigrad when that's hundreds of miles from Vergen, no reason at all.

Last edited:
Also why would they be in Velen/Novigrad when that's hundreds of miles from Vergen, no reason at all.

Iorveth could be leading fighters and nonhuman civilians to Upper Aedirn or the Valley of Flowers. They could have made a perfectly good reason if they wanted to bother. Even a military reason could have been made, if they wanted to.

Besides, with the wild hunt showing up, they didn't think it would be interesting to focus on the nonhuman question? And to see whether Iorveth and other elves would side with the Wild Hunt or not? No wonder the Wild Hunt is boring as fuck, there is nothing interesting about them.

This just screams of laziness and wasted potential.

I don't understand why so many people are against bringing back Iorveth and Saskia?

Are you new players? Do you not care that half of the people that played TW2 have had their entire play through rendered meaningless?

I keep hearing how "It doesn't make sense" for them to be here. And honestly that's the weakest excuse ever. If Roche wasn't here I'd hear the same excuse "well, Temeria was conquered, so he's probably dead". Iorveth and Saskia can totally be incorporated in a meaningful way. The most wanted scoita'tael leader in the entire northern realms has no place? Are you serious?

It doesn't matter if they were "far away". Skellige is far away and way less important than Vergen. Adding Vergen as dlc or even, I don't know, having Zoltan or Phillippa even MENTION that there was a Vergen or Iorveth or Saskia, a dragon, was once under her control would be nice.

It's a huge slap in the face for returning players.

I don't understand why so many people are against bringing back Iorveth and Saskia?

Are you new players? Do you not care that half of the people that played TW2 have had their entire play through rendered meaningless?

I keep hearing how "It doesn't make sense" for them to be here. And honestly that's the weakest excuse ever. If Roche wasn't here I'd hear the same excuse "well, Temeria was conquered, so he's probably dead". Iorveth and Saskia can totally be incorporated in a meaningful way. The most wanted scoita'tael leader in the entire northern realms has no place? Are you serious?

It doesn't matter if they were "far away". Skellige is far away and way less important than Vergen. Adding Vergen as dlc or even, I don't know, having Zoltan or Phillippa even MENTION that there was a Vergen or Iorveth or Saskia, a dragon, was once under her control would be nice.

It's a huge slap in the face for returning players.

I'm one of those people (and an old time The Witcher fan), and no I don't say that I don't want Iorveth and/or Saskia and the others back. All I'm saying is that I want them back within context and in a tasteful, meaningful way. I don't see Iorveth or Saskia playing any meaningful part in the events in Velen/Novigraad/Skellige/Kaer Morhen/Vizima-White Orchard. This should not be a Bioware game where they force or shoehorn characters and former plotlines on the game just for fan service's sake. I would love to see these characters again, but they should play a part in one of the expansions which would take place somewhere else. I still have a feeling that the two expansions on the making are not the last we would get for The Witcher 3: they will be out by the first quarter of 2016 and CDPR stated that 2016 still will be a year dedicated to The Witcher 3.

As far as honorable mentions go I agree with you. It would have been nice if these characters or recent/past events got a nod in the game.

I think we will get another one or two expansions. For expample I would love to see an expansion with a more fantastical plotline, concentrating on The Witcher saga's fantasy aspects but still related to/taking place during the events of TWH: with elves, dwarves, dryads and dragons taking place in Dol Blathana or Brokilon or some other more fantastical realm. That would be a perfect way to reintroduce those old friends. Also I would love to see some political thriller expansion along the line with AOK. And of course I'd like to learn more of the Aen Elle/Wild Hunt (I've read the books, but the game makes Eredin and co. very one dimensional).

Last edited:
Top Bottom