Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep do exactly the same, but in my next playthough still not decide let her torture or not, it is Triss's plan after all and she is ****ing badass in the scene after :D

I know it's her choice and all, but no one should suffer getting their nails pulled out. I would have dropped the ruse even if it was someone else instead of Triss.

I can't believe theres people here who actually let triss be tortured, I cut those filthy hunters down the moment they laid their hands on Triss.

Yeah I did the same, instantly started a fight with the ploughing Witch Hunters when they tried to take her away.

My Geralt wouldn't let Triss and his friends be hurt (except Dandelion with the Crimson Avenger scene, that's just too funny). Besides, Menge was a prick when he first meets you, killing him was just as satisfying as roasting marshmallows on their HQ.

I can't believe theres people here who actually let triss be tortured, I cut those filthy hunters down the moment they laid their hands on Triss.
Yup, fuck Dikstra and his treasure. And even if you let the scene play out, you still get no more info, so there is absolutely no reason to let Triss be tortured.

Yeah I did the same, instantly started a fight with the ploughing Witch Hunters when they tried to take her away.

My Geralt wouldn't let Triss and his friends be hurt (except Dandelion with the Crimson Avenger scene, that's just too funny). Besides, Menge was a prick when he first meets you, killing him was just as satisfying as roasting marshmallows on their HQ.

But when Triss kill him (cutscene) will make you think not try to mess with sorceress, and also she doesn't need Geralt come to the rescue, she do this very well herself :D
In her Gwent card: i can take care of myself, trust me. So i think it ok for Geralt do not shield her and have faith in her :D (it maybe similar to Ciri, if you don't let her make her own decision, well.. you know what happen )

Yup, fuck Dikstra and his treasure. And even if you let the scene play out, you still get no more info, so there is absolutely no reason to let Triss be tortured.
But when you ask Menge, you ask about Dandelion, not Dijkstra's treasure

Last edited:
But when Triss kill him (cutscene) will make you think not try to mess with sorceress, and also she doesn't need Geralt come to the rescue, she do this very well herself
She's pretty badass when she kills him

But when you ask Menge, you ask about Dandelion, not Dijkstra's treasure
I was refering to Diksta giving you the mission in the first place, I forgot how I learned about Dandelion in my first playthrough when I killed Menge before talking to him.

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-06-02 02-33-11-42.jpg
    witcher3 2015-06-02 02-33-11-42.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Btw got a question.

Did Triss throw fireballs while having sex with Geralt or did she just lean back and made the lighthouse glowing sometimes? Because the guys on the ship just scream hey they give us a signal!

Great thread, though I have not read all of it.
shall simply say that as a fan of the books I chose Yen, BUT everything I have experienced in the games so far made me want to pick Triss and I felt that the choice of whether to take back Triss or not came too soon and too suddenly. You have had almost zero interaction time with Yen up to this point, whereas we have played 2 and a bit games with Triss.

To boot she is beautifully rendered graphically and emotionally in this game and it was a bloody tragedy to not choose her. And I only did that because I accidentaly read online how you can bugger up your ending if you try to romance both Triss and Yen and I wanted to take the opportunity to see more of Yen.

i would of liked another chance with Triss, so that if after spending time with Yen on Skellige I disliked the character, i could still change the situation, though I am not against the threesome ending as it stands. My point is purely that for me Triss was not in this enough or the game needed to spend a little bit more time with Yen in the prologue or Vizima to give the player more time to get attached to Yen.

but well done CPR, love the game, the above is just my 2pence worth.

Btw got a question.

Did Triss throw fireballs while having sex with Geralt or did she just lean back and made the lighthouse glowing sometimes? Because the guys on the ship just scream hey they give us a signal!

I think it was the movement - like back and forth - that caused the flickering that these guys interpret as a signal

Btw got a question.

Yeah, something like her body blocking the path of the fire's light

Fireballs might be plausible too considering I saw many times she's still casting her fireball even in cutscenes where she's not supposed to.

Nah, that's just a game bug.

Btw got a question.

I doubt it was fireballs. My first thought was her radiating magical energy during climax but it could have been their bodies blocking and unblocking the light.
Mixing sweetness, sexiness and humour is something Reds did very well with Triss scenes in both TW2 & TW3. It's something i like a lot.

I doubt it was fireballs. My first thought was her radiating magical energy during climax but it could have been their bodies blocking and unblocking the light.
Mixing sweetness, sexiness and humour is something Reds did very well with Triss scenes in both TW2 & TW3. It's something i like a lot.

Yes, the scenes with Triss are often accompanied by a touch of comedy. ^^
After Kaer Morhen when you reach Novigrad with Ciri and she take a room, you could have a sex scene with Triss would have moaned several times and that would have prevented Ciri sleeping in the next room.
Triss "Aaah!"
Ciri, hitting the wall: "Let me sleep!"

Or after the scene, Triss in the arm of Geralt in the bed and Ciri which comes without warning and is surprised. And then we could see a scene where both (Geralt and Triss) explain everything to Ciri. How they have come to love...

Yea, they both say something along the lines of: "aren't you suppose to be somewhere" ....... "where are you meating".
I however meant if you could talk to her after that. You can talk to Zoltan and Dendelion at that point after all. All Triss says is her infamous "well?" line.

Dandelion lines are odd as i wanted to ask about Pricilla during Act 2 at the former brothel and he didn't have any lines. So i'm glad those lines are there at the end as that arc needed concluding. I liked that Triss was their with Geralt prodding him to go see Ciri, it was very sweet. Would be nice if Triss had a nice line about what they are going to do about a bed at Kaer Morhen. As long as Yen doesn't get more i guess i'm less bothered about this moment than i am about whati consider the core of the mishandling.

I'm avoiding empress ending this time as i found it had me tearing up and i've come to conclusion sending Ciri into that Lion's Den is grim unhappy ending.
Haven't seen the Witcher ending, so i'll have to see if i find it more fulfilling, though if Triss is absent that's a shame.

I feel there is a 'good' way of doing things and a 'bad' way of doing things. Let me illustrate my point with an example:
You and your friend both have to run over a bridge to get to the other side. There are two lanes on the bridge and one lane has a trap on it. So what you can do is:
1. Try to find the trap and avoid it -> both people can get to the other side, one might 'die or both might die.
2. Both run on a different lane -> one person will 'die', while the other gets to the other side.

While the second choice is not inherently 'bad', it does take the human side of the experience out of the equation. So #1 is clearly the emotional choice, while #2 is a more calculating choice - and isn't a relationship anything but cold and calculating? So if you really care for Triss:wub:, save her from her own horrible plan and KILL THEM ALL -evil laugh-

At least, that's my take on it, feel free to disagree.

Dandelion lines are odd as i wanted to ask about Pricilla during Act 2 at the former brothel and he didn't have any lines.
I know, I had the same thing. The whole Prescilla thing was also handled pretty poorly.

Last edited:
I can't read as quick as you're writting here:dead:
I tryed to follow the plan, but something went wrong:2guns:
I kept myself in hand until we went upstairs and blowed up this bastards with my bombs. Then Triss said that work undercover isn't my profile.

I feel there is a good way of doing things and a bad way of doing things. Let me illustrate my point with an example:
You and your friend both have to run over a bridge to get to the other side. There are two lanes on the bridge and one lane has a trap on it. So what you can do is:
1. Try to find the trap and avoid it -> both people can get to the other side, one might 'die or both might die.
2. Both run on a different lane -> one person will 'die', while the other gets to the other side.

While the second choice is not inherently 'bad', it does take the human side of the experience out of the equation. So #1 is clearly the emotional choice, while #2 is a more calculating choice - and isn't a relationship anything but cold and calculating? So if you really care for Triss, save her from her own horrible plan and KILL THEM ALL -evil laugh-

At least, that's my take on it, feel free to disagree.

My choice #1. I can't let her to go to extremes, it's Yen-style

Last edited:
Eh, she's a grown woman that doesn't need her hand held. It was her plan & she took responsibility.

Sure, she's a grown woman, but that doesn't mean you can't save her from torture. I would've done the same thing if it was Dandelion instead of Triss. Nobody should suffer getting their fingernails pulled out, that shit hurts.

Clearly there is no point in letting them torture her . I did not even make it into the house just straight up said "hands off" and it wasn't a good day for them hunters :D

I tried to Axii them upstairs initially and they didn't like it. I re-loaded and faced the torment of listening to her screams because i trusted her and for lines and majesty of seeing her taking down her torturers on her own. Second time round i'll go with failed Axii method and see what the alternate route looks like.

Didn't get that ending, but if she really says: "Well" in it, than that's really fucked up :)

I actually got the same ending lol, seeing her there and saying one sentence brought joy to me already. Imagine having more interactions with her.. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom