Inaccuracy of the game ending with the books [Spoilers]

+
Inaccuracy of the game ending with the books [Spoilers]

Hi,
I read the whole Witcher saga and in the end of the game Ciri became the empress. I don't think it is possible because in books is said that Emhyr married Ciri's double and the true Ciri is deprived of her heritage. So my question is how does she became epress when there is already another 'Ciri' and everybody think that Ciri is not even Emhyr's daughter? I don't whant to judge CDP Red but this is not what i expected.

the games are NOT canon. the books are the basis, but not everything from the books is in the game.

Hi,
I read the whole Witcher saga and in the end of the game Ciri became the empress. I don't think it is possible because in books is said that Emhyr married Ciri's double and the true Ciri is deprived of her heritage. So my question is how does she became epress when there is already another 'Ciri' and everybody think that Ciri is not even Emhyr's daughter? I don't whant to judge CDP Red but this is not what i expected.

The books are an alternate licensed universe to the books.

Mostly because Geralt and Yennifer are DEAD in the books.

(Or at least out of commission forever.)

They are not truly dead. Their bodies are taken to the boat and Ciri 'transport' them to some other world and it is said that they LIVE there on their little island. So theoretically the wild hunt could transport them back to the first world.

---------- Updated at 06:10 PM ----------

I also came up with some explanation. Maybe in Nilfgaard they think that Emhyr named her daughter (Ciri) after his wife (Ciri's double) and his wife is now dead or something. I mean that they don't think Ciri is the princes of Cintra but just Emhyr's daughter named after the princes. It may look messed up but it is the only explanation i came up with so far.

Yeah I was a little conflicted with the Empress ending based on the knowledge of the books.

I think CDPR could've spent some more time to lay out the situation more clearly so we could understand how the game universe has changed from the books. Right now I just feel we're left with a "don't worry about it and just go with it" vibe.

Yeah I was a little conflicted with the Empress ending based on the knowledge of the books.

I think CDPR could've spent some more time to lay out the situation more clearly so we could understand how the game universe has changed from the books. Right now I just feel we're left with a "don't worry about it and just go with it" vibe.

My impression is, "We really were interested in being in-line with the books, then Andrzej said we sucked so we decided to do our own thing without care to what he thinks."

As far as I remember in "Lady of the Lake" Ciri sends Geralt and Yennefer to The Isle of Avallach(edit: name given in Witcher 2), what ends up with Wild Hund learning about Ciri power(mentioned in Witcher 3). Then in Witcher 2 we are inform, that after some happy time there Yennefer is captured by WH to be use as bait for Ciri. Geralt pursuit Wild Hunt till he met Letho(saved him) and his companions, they face WH near The Hanging Tree(winter 1270) and after long fight Geralt exchange himself for Yennefer(Letho takes care of here to point when they are captured by Nilfgaard).

In Witcher 3 we learn from Avallac'h(in that snow planet lighthouse), that Ciri came back for Geralt to free him and then teleported him near Kaer Morhen- beginning of Witcher 1.

As for Ciri becoming empress of Nilfgaard- I only remember that she is introduced with full title by Emhyr var Emreis to all nobles in Wyzima if we decided to go there, so he makes it quite clear who is heir to the throne and it's some plan of his to even rise power/control(she is like a tool for him)- Morvran Voorhis explains some of it during meeting/ race in Novigrad. .

Last edited:
As far as I remember in "Lady of the Lake" Ciri sends Geralt and Yennefer to The Isle of Avallach, what ends up with Wild Hund learning about Ciri power(mentioned in Witcher 3). Then in Witcher 2 we are inform, that after some happy time there Yennefer is captured by WH to be use as bait for Ciri. Geralt pursuit Wild Hunt till he met Letho(saved him) and his companions, they face WH near The Hanging Tree(winter 1270) and after long fight Geralt exchange himself for Yennefer(Letho takes care of here to point when they are captured by Nilfgaard).

In Witcher 3 we learn from Avallac'h(in that snow planet lighthouse), that Ciri came back for Geralt to free him and then teleported him near Kaer Morhen- beginning of Witcher 1.

As for Ciri becoming empress of Nilfgaard- I only remember that she is introduced with full title by Emhyr var Emreis to all nobles in Wyzima if we decided to go there, so he makes it quite clear who is heir to the throne and it's some plan of his to even rise power/control(she is like a tool for him).

It is never said in the book where Ciri take them, it is just assumed that they are taken to a different world and Geralt is healed. The name "Isle of Avallach" is only talked about in the Witcher 2 during one of the flashback cut scenes, it was never mentioned in the book.

It is never said in the book where Ciri take them, it is just assumed that they are taken to a different world and Geralt is healed. The name "Isle of Avallach" is only talked about in the Witcher 2 during one of the flashback cut scenes, it was never mentioned in the book.

Yes, You are right- it's "open ending" in books(still it's clear that it is/suppose to be same place). I just wanted to point that connection between books and games which they ask before.

he never actually married the Ciri double

As far as i remember it might not be said directly but there was this talk between Ciri double and Emhyr where she says that she want to stay in her role and Emhyr agreed to her and after he leave the true Ciri at Stygga castle he actually marry her ( the double).

According to the lore, the next emperor is Morvran Voorhis. To make the story in the game consistent, Emhyr should not make Ciri empress in her own right, but marry her off to Voorhis, make it a political arrangement between them - a legal right of succession to the general in exchange for marrying her.
Voorhis is all right so far, and I like my new saddle :). So it is not such a terrible idea.

According to the lore, the next emperor is Morvran Voorhis. To make the story in the game consistent, Emhyr should not make Ciri empress in her own right, but marry her off to Voorhis, make it a political arrangement between them - a legal right of succession to the general in exchange for marrying her.
Voorhis is all right so far, and I like my new saddle :). So it is not such a terrible idea.

Sapkowski has said that the games aren't canon so they can go whatever direction they want. They're AU.

Besides, I'm hoping for a Ciri Witcher game.

Eh, some authors are just protective of their IP.

I think the thing with the games is that people are starting to confuse the games for "the real" witcher.

Yea, i think you're right but can you please remind me where it was said about Voorhis becoming the next emperor?

he never actually married the Ciri double
Actually he married her in the end of The Lady Of the Lake book. There was no description of wedding itself, but was mentioned that there was this wedding of Emhyr and "Cirilla", and everyone saw her and knew, that she is emperior's wife.

Emhyr understood that the girl who was brought to him wasn't Ciri. She was fake.
He didn't tell that anyone except his spymaster, and he organized enother expedition to find real Ciri.
Read the books again or maybe search witcher wiki, maybe it has that particular info.

Last edited:
Top Bottom