Patch 1.05... where is it?

+
Took me 5 minutes to find a video for it but just look at the players xp at the start at the video and at the end.

Be nice if they showed quest in journal so we can see if it is green. I don't remember what level the quests are for...

When did this XP bug start? I thought it was from version 1.0 but by the way you all are talking about it sounds like it was introduced in a patch. I found no trouble getting over level 30 in the game...

Large patches take a long time to QA, and this one is no exception. So please take note of the following:

* Zero XP for quests that you were not overleveled for is on topic; however, evidence for this bug actually being present is sparse and ill-documented. If you have evidence that is more than just your claim that it happened, please post it. Hearsay (you heard it happened to somebody else, or saw it in somebody else's video) is not evidence.

i have a save at the end of master blacksmith(hattori) quest. quest is 24 lvl, i'am at 14 lvl, you can load it, just come talk to hattori and get zero xp result. where to send it?

upd. i'll just leave it here. lol, 11th level sword and zero xp for 24 lvl quest. that's how we do it in novigrad!

Last edited:
Large patches take a long time to QA, and this one is no exception. So please take note of the following:

* XP for quests where you are overleveled was 0 but should have been 5. This is by design. The game is not designed to support grinding monsters or side quests for XP. If you want to rant about that, you get one post to do so, and reposting substantially the same rant will result in your post being removed for cause.

Why did they choose to give no XP if you are over leveled. Even if you complete all quests you have like 30 (minimum 20) levels to go on before you hit the cap. unless you spend countless hours farming XP from monsters. I understand not rewarding aimlessely killing monsters with XP. But completely removing xp for quests that you are over-leveled for is serves no purpose as far as I can tell. Especially considering quests aren't scattered in a sensible way i.e the first part of the game where I enter a small village I can pick up a level 33 quest? and in other places with level 16 mobs and difficult monsters I find a level 5 quest? which I am at that point not getting any xp for.

I'm sure people will mod in the change, but regardless of that I don't see what purpose it serves to punish players in a single player game for simply being a high level, when many quests and contracts have no coherence with their geographical position in the game world

i have a save at the end of master blacksmith(hattori) quest. quest is 24 lvl, i'am at 14 lvl, you can load it, just come talk to hattori and get zero xp result. where to send it?

If you don't want to post it here, PM a link to a moderator, and we'll get it directed to the administrators.

Well, you claim that XP bug is not a gamebraking bug and you can wait or play. BUT WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT PYRES OF NOVIGRAD BUG?! I am stuck in this ***** cellar for a week and a half. Can't leave it, can't go any further. 60 hours of gameplay on last diffuculty. And there are plenty of us. Really WTF?! How in the world you make games with bugged main story quests in 2015! WTF you are talking about QA, when you made a game like this with such many bugs ...
If really feels like we are beta testing this game for you.

This is how Witcher 3 ends for us:
"Currently for me the story has already ended, Geralt and Triss both died of starvation in that cellar, Ciri, being unable to receive the help she needed to face the Wild Hunt, got captured, beheaded and got all her old blood drained out of her. After not hearing from Geralt, Yen went to look for them, only to find Geralt and Triss dead because of a architectural error by the designer of the secret passage, she hunted down the guy and killed him. After that Yen got mad with grief for both Ciri and Geralt, attacked the Wild Hunt head on and died horribly.
The End of The Glitcher 3: Bug Hunt by CD Projekt Glitch. "
(c) dragonshiefa
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...h-main-quest-line-*Possible-Spoilers!*/page15

Last edited:
Seriously, whoever thinks 0xp for overleved quests is an atrocity should actually play the game. Like I said earlier, i'm lvl 17 on deathmarch with lvl 11 quests still in my log. There's xp out there in the world, go find it.

You don't get it, do you? the problem is not that you don't receive xp for quests that are +6 levels above you or -6 levels below you, that does not matter, no one cares about them.

the problem is you don't get xp for quests that are even within your level range or even on your same level. you get no xp for any quests at all. this is the bug.

...And regarding the XP glitch, as we mentioned, the lack of XP doesn't affect the game in a big way. You are still able to level your character as designed.

Hi Marcin, I'm not affected by quest bugs but I do understand the frustration the players who are affected by it and I do hope that CDPR will take more pressing stance in releasing hotfixes as soon as they are ready instead of opting to group up as big patch. The reason is twofold: to alleviate affected players from waiting in frustration and to show that CDPR takes urgency seriously.

The current xp glitch fix I believe isn't affecting the other elements that are coming in the upcoming patch, therefore, it will not affect it(the large patch) in anyway. Also, your comment I quoted above do not really justify the reasoning to lump the hotfix together with the large patch due to the fact that I'm aware there are the type of players who do not want to experience the feeling of having a defective element within the game(in this case no xp bug from quests) and expect them to glance through it.

Therefore, I sincerely hope that you and CDPR team could take this into consideration on managing priorities going forward.

Thanks

Hi Marcin, I'm not affected by quest bugs but I do understand the frustration the players who are affected by it and I do hope that CDPR will take more pressing stance in releasing hotfixes as soon as they are ready instead of opting to group up as big patch. The reason is twofold: to alleviate affected players from waiting in frustration and to show that CDPR takes urgency seriously.

The current xp glitch fix I believe isn't affecting the other elements that are coming in the upcoming patch, therefore, it will not affect it(the large patch) in anyway. Also, your comment I quoted above do not really justify the reasoning to lump the hotfix together with the large patch due to the fact that I'm aware there are the type of players who do not want to experience the feeling of having a defective element within the game(in this case no xp bug from quests) and expect them to glance through it.

Therefore, I sincerely hope that you and CDPR team could take this into consideration on managing priorities going forward.

Thanks

Pretty much this. I don't even know if i missed xp or not. but i still ended up deleting my saves to start over just to not miss out on it and now i have to wait pretty long :\ (and i know crazy thing to do. but with a bit of OCD i could not enjoy the game while worrying about missing out on the xp)

So, we've reached Wednesday. It's your last chance to release the patch CDPR, you have just over 19 hours to go on this magical day called Wednesday, after that, your credibility goes down the drain and I will never believe any official announcements you will ever make.

So, we've reached Wednesday. It's your last chance to release the patch CDPR, you have just over 19 hours to go on this magical day called Wednesday, after that, your credibility goes down the drain and I will never believe any official announcements you will ever make.

I don't think the CDPR devs will be able to sleep tonight upon reading this.

Sadly they dont seem to care about the fans. If they did we would have had the hotfix by monday and all of us would be playing now.

Sadly they dont seem to care about the fans. If they did we would have had the hotfix by monday and all of us would be playing now.

They don't care about fans? yet they give us 16 free dlcs. and a damned good game. if they didn't care about us we'd be paying 40 bucks more for those dlcs if not more. they would release patches once a month and hardly bother to respond on the forums. they don't care about us my ass.

Or maybe they do and they have their reasons to include it in the next patch.
Let's say they release the hotfix, what if this hotfix doesn't work properly with the 1.05 patch? I mean it comes to solve a bug, let them at least be sure it works "perfectly" without causing other bugs and with everything else they're gonna implement/modify/change (or whatever they'll do) in and with the next patch.
Is it really worth to play 3/4 days earlier and take the risk to find out that the game is bugged again because they couldn't test everything properly?

I'm not saying I'll wait forever but remember that " haste makes waste" .

It's just my pov but I'm sure they have their own reasons to do things the way they do, and surely they do not aim to lose fans.

Last edited:
Please keep in mind that the patch is extremely large. It addresses a bunch of issues so we need to test it properly. We don't want to fix some stuff, while breaking other.

And regarding the XP glitch, as we mentioned, the lack of XP doesn't affect the game in a big way. You are still able to level your character as designed.

Uh, i can't get xp from quests whether from side quests or main quest, so unless i'm supposed to just keep farming monsters over and over again for the pitiful xp they give just so i can be of equal level with the main quests and witcher contracts, it kind of does affect the game in a big way

* XP for quests where you are overleveled was 0 but should have been 5. This is by design. The game is not designed to support grinding monsters or side quests for XP. If you want to rant about that, you get one post to do so, and reposting substantially the same rant will result in your post being removed for cause.

There is quite a lot of information on the stickied thread. In my case I sent a save before and after the bug occurring with detailed steps to reproduce. It took quite a lot of time saving and loading to be sure.

With me it was doing the main quest line 'echoes of the past' when it was grey (L13) that triggered subsequent quests not giving XP. As an aside the previous quest 'Long live the King' was an L16 (or was it 15 cant remember off hand) and then the main line dropped to 13 for 'echoes of the past' (which sounds like a separate issue). Up until then I had been careful not to hand in grey main line quests.

---------- Updated at 06:23 AM ----------

I think that is peoples point, release this as a hotfix and don't roll it in with the weekly megapatch (which looks great btw).

---------- Updated at 06:30 AM ----------

upd. i'll just leave it here. lol, 11th level sword and zero xp for 24 lvl quest. that's how we do it in novigrad!

I am sure some one will correct me if I am wrong but I believe that is by design too i.e. red quests over 5 levels above you give no experience (though I could have sworn I got a small 'token' xp reward)

What a load of absolute poop. I seriously hope CDPR have enough sense not to listen to this kind of drivel. Did they ever officially announce it would be released today?

Anyhow someone posted in another thread that a long weekend in Poland is coming up so don't get your hopes up that this patch will be released this week.

Did they ever officially announce it would be released today?

It is morning so patch is still possible today..

Top Bottom