Running is Jittery

+
Running is Jittery

Hey there, been trying to play the game ignoring the issue but i'm finding I no longer can, and that looking around and seeing only one post on reddit with a similar problem... I'm not so sure it's an issue that will be patches soon.
I have an issue where the camera is really jittery or stuttery behind Geralt, but only when I run. Walking and sprinting is fine, but when i run it seems as though the camera is being left behind for a fraction of a second and then rushing to catch up, a kind of chugging motion. Distracting to say the least, and yet my frame rate is a constant 60.

I tried one thing that seemed to lessen the effect, in halving the GrassRingSize setting in the user.settings ini file, but it is still there and to be honest, the game is rather unplayable.

I'd just love to know if anyone has a similar problem, and if hope of hopes you have a solution.

GTX980
i7 4790k
8gb ram
MSI z97 Gaming 5
Latest drivers are of course installed.

Thank you.

Is it the same as trotting (walking) with roach? Look when Geralts right shoulder goes up and there should be a slight stutter EVERY time.

I don't think I'm quite perceptive enough to point at what point the stutter comes, only that it is there... but it does seem like it is with every step, just as many get with trotting on Roach. Yes I stutter when trotting, a much longer stutter there but last i heard it was an issue with the gtx980 and 970s and that animation.... bad news if its the same for running i suppose.

have u tried and change Maximum pre-rendered frames (1-3) in nvidia game options?
i found it better with 3, perhaps just a placebo effect.

vladgiurgiubv

have u tried and change Maximum pre-rendered frames (1-3) in nvidia game options?
i found it better with 3, perhaps just a placebo effect.

if you have it on default that means 3 max pre-rendered frames
but who knows what kind of bugs this game and nvidia drivers have

I set it to 3 to deal with some regular good ol' fashioned stutter a few days back. Unfortunately it didn't seem to affect this issue,

That was the only thing i could find on this, but no none of those are me xD
Don't get me wrong it helped quite a bit, but it is still noticeable for me. Did it 100% go for you just with that one tweek?

Don't get me wrong it helped quite a bit, but it is still noticeable for me. Did it 100% go for you just with that one tweek?
Pretty much. It was night and day. I mean, the game isn't perfectly smooth for me since I average about 45FPS at 1440p. But I much prefer 45 to locked 30. I can't stomach 30.

And like you my issue didn't seem to have anything to do with framerate. It felt more like a slow-mo mode turning on and off constantly. Though now that I think about it, I should see if the polling rate on my OSD is even high enough to detect rapid cycling of framerate.

Slo mo off and on is EXACTLY what it feels like, here's hoping a patch comes out soon then.
If anyone else has this problem feel free to add your name this thread, at least then we can hope the devs will look for it.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/39121-Various-PS4-performance-issues-list?p=1689613

8 ) The camera chugs when Geralt is jogging. It's very hard to notice at first, but becomes obvious when you look at objects passing you as you run. They appear to be passing you faster and then all of a sudden slower for a second. It feels like the camera is bouncing to Geralt and then slowing down slightly. It doesn't move at the same speed he does. It very regularly slows down slightly. Feels like every other step it is lagging behind slightly. After a while it can make me feel slightly nauseated.

ps4 users have the same issue, i think. and i watch youtube and seems like everyone has it.

---------- Updated at 03:26 AM ----------

some info from other forums.

Attachments

• 9d8884bedc.png
    9d8884bedc.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 52
Is it the same as trotting (walking) with roach? Look when Geralts right shoulder goes up and there should be a slight stutter EVERY time.

I noticed the exact same thing yesterday, just started playing the game as I was waiting for drivers to remedy the Kepler issues, everything is butter smooth but trotting with the horse. Stutter occurs exactly every 0,5s. Walking with Geralt also feels weird and I can notice weird an jittery camera when I push the joystick slightly (playing with a 360 controller).

Since the stutter is so exact and rhythmic and only occurs when you're trotting, it feels like a bug related to the game rather than specific hardware or drivers. As for the jittery camera whilst pushing the stick slightly, that might be some sensitivity tuning that needs to be done from my end.

The stutter is because they coded the animation loop wrong. Or at least that's the working theory at the moment.

Well if console players are getting it too, at least it isnt a hardware problem. (every cloud and all that)
They mentioned fixing the stutter for looking around slowly, I can only help this falls under the same umbrella. Regardless it's a pain in the ass and it's looking like this patch is a while away.

Also makes me question how niche the issuie is, seems not so much.

I have to add my vote for this to be looked into.
Played for about 11 hours after the stuttering of the panning camera was fixed, but now i can't ignore the camera behind Geralt while he's running.
It has a sort of.. bouncy(?) feel to it, like it's getting left behind for a fraction of a second then zooms back in.
It happens very quick but after every 2 second run cycle so it's very annoying.

- Just thought i'd add my input. (I'm on the Xbox One version btw, stumbled upon this thread)

+1

Wasn't CDPR's official response to the horse trotting stutter that they don't know how to fix it?

If they "don't know how" to fix the more obvious one, then how are they ever going to even see, much less comprehend this issue with Geralts' animations?

There must be something in the Alcohol in Poland....?!

Top Bottom