+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:
Rosa(you really need to make her romanceable CDP, it's urgent!)>Triss>Keira>Yen>rest

and Ciri>all (in a non-sex related way of course)

I personally like Triss better but I am playing this game as Geralt, not myself. As such, I got with Yennefer. :D

Even though Geralt is not a blank slate its still "your" Geralt
So if thats all whats stopping you go ahead and choose Triss, you know she is the right choice

Even though Geralt is not a blank slate its still "your" GeraltSo if thats all whats stopping you go ahead and choose Triss, you know she is the right choice
What I meant by my statement is that if I, Tishen, was present in world of The Witcher and given a choice between Yennefer and Triss, I would go with Triss Merigold. However, Tishen is not Geralt. Not even remotely. Geralt has his own personality and his own preferences. They can be slightly tweaked but not changed too much. If Geralt was a blank slate character, then the developers would have allowed us to make our own Geralt, have us choose a voice from a selection of presets and what have you. However, this is not the case and this is not the Geralt CDPR made. Geralt is not Hawke or Shepard. Geralt is a lot more like Adam Jensen. You play both as their own characters with their own personalities and characteristics, as opposed to mere extension of the player's self.

What I meant by my statement is that if I, Tishen, was present in world of The Witcher and given a choice between Yennefer and Triss, I would go with Triss Merigold. However, Tishen is not Geralt. Not even remotely. Geralt has his own personality and his own preferences. They can be slightly tweaked but not changed too much. If Geralt was a blank slate character, then the developers would have allowed us to make our own Geralt, have us choose a voice from a selection of presets and what have you. However, this is not the case and this is not the Geralt CDPR made. Geralt is not Hawke or Shepard. Geralt is a lot more like Adam Jensen. You play both as their own characters with their own personalities and characteristics, as opposed to mere extension of the player's self.

I see what you mean I'm just saying that with the amnesia CDPR gave us the opportunity to make Geralt more the player's Geralt
Sure his memories have returned in TW3 but that doesn't mean he completely reverts to book Geralt again who only loves Yen

Then go for Yen. You know she's his true love and you want him to be happy don't you?

According to the game endings he can be happy with both of them. Why do you think it is possible only with Yen? Because Geralt was always obsessed with her? He must have been very happy with her given the fact he fled from her residence in Vengerberg without any word once and how many break-ups they had. In fact I do not understand why they should be a happy couple in the future. Makes no sense given their past.

Thanks to amnesia he had a chance to be with Triss and my Geralt realised that he was foolish. Now they live happily in Kovir.

I prefer Yen. Yes, I have read the books. LOONG before the games...

She is a complex and interesting character. A VERY well written one. And, flaws and all, she was at the end a good person. As is in W3.

On the other hand Triss too is a very well written and well made character. Well thought out and a nice person.

The interesting thing though, to me, is how you people are fighting in here. The Witcher is not your typical love story. It is one of extremely flawed characters. Triss has flaws. Geralt has flaws. Yennefer has a truckload of them...
That is why I like these characters and their romance or even just interaction so much. It kinda feels more real. More human.
And I value that highly.

The fanboy wars... are amusing as all hell though... :D

Canon ist just an argument not from the heart ;) If Triss gives you the feels, go for her ;)

Plus the game is different from the books. Gnomes are extinct, meteoroid-steel isn't for monsters, and
the bog witches can hold a witcher's pendant.

You're not playing out the book's story, you're playing out your own story.

According to the game endings he can be happy with both of them. Why do you think it is possible only with Yen? Because Geralt was always obsessed with her? He must have been very happy with her given the fact he fled from her residence in Vengerberg without any word once and how many break-ups they had. In fact I do not understand why they should be a happy couple in the future. Makes no sense given their past.

Thanks to amnesia he had a chance to be with Triss and my Geralt realised that he was foolish. Now they live happily in Kovir.

Very much agree. Amnesia arc opened up chance for Geralt to fall in love with Triss. Either can be his true love imo.

I fell in love with Triss over the last two games, but I really came to like Yennifer in this game and I felt like Geralt loved her. I wish he could have them both, but that just isn't going to fly with the women in his life and being forced to choose I can't help but feel Yen is the proper choice. It kills me to say so, and - man - after I replay W2 to rebuild my save games and spend all that time with Triss again I'm going to have a hell of a time reconciling that decision - and maybe in the next playthrough I won't be able to - but in my first game I'm going with Yen.

I fell in love with Triss over the last two games, but I really came to like Yennifer in this game and I felt like Geralt loved her. I wish he could have them both, but that just isn't going to fly with the women in his life and being forced to choose I can't help but feel Yen is the proper choice. It kills me to say so, and - man - after I replay W2 to rebuild my save games and spend all that time with Triss again I'm going to have a hell of a time reconciling that decision - and maybe in the next playthrough I won't be able to - but in my first game I'm going with Yen.

I feel weird about saying it but, far from the "huh, huh, huh, Geralt has two girls" I really think a polyamoury thing would have worked for the book Triss/Geralt/Yennefer.

The games have really tossed out the fact Triss and Yennefer's "friendship" wasn't that they were BFFs but lovers.

The heteronormalizing of a pretty daring portrayal in the books is kind of annoying.

But I suppose they had to make it more generic for the MASSES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom