Abandoned site in White Orchard

+
Abandoned site in White Orchard

In White Orchard, just outside the starting village, there was a question mark area. I checked it out and it's a small religious shrine on the side of the road. It's a statue, some candles and small offerings.

After you check it out, it changes to "abandoned site". But the icon on the map never grayed out, there was no loot or enemies to find?

Seems like a bug. Abandoned Sites are places that are either infested with monsters or bandits, once cleared, populace returns and merchants/herbalists/blacksmiths appear.

Try meditating to mid morning perhaps to around 10AM. Four 'Ghouls' should appear. After you kill them 'something' should happen.

I'll try that,

Thank you.

---------- Updated at 11:59 AM ----------

It didn't work.

Tried to meditate to a lot of hours, but still nothing.

You should get attacked there, re-loading from a point before going there might set it straight. I've learned with this game to save before every potential threat. Mostly because I hate the load times when killed but also because of bugs. A save can get you out of most buggy situations but not all.

I don't have a save previous to that point.

Fix this please.

The merchant that is supposed to appear at that location, sells a lot of stuff.

Having the same problem.

They wont spawn no matter what at the shrine. Tried everything.

Would be a sweet bug fix

---------- Updated at 07:29 PM ----------

Having the same problem.

They wont spawn no matter what at the shrine. Tried everything.

Would be a sweet bug fix

I had a similar issue with this location yesterday. Only three ghouls appeared and I killed them. I came back a little later and a fourth one was there, so I killed it and it completed the activity. I'm not sure what to suggest other than try coming back later if you cannot load an earlier save.

it happened to me too but before i start clearing the site i saved my game just to be sure. after i killed all the ghouls nothing happened. then i reload my save game, killed the ghouls and it worked. try this.

Version 1.07 still the same. Will this keep me from completing the game, do I have to start anew?

It's been ages since I have been there but I seem to remember that the "real" entrance was behind the shrine and the ? greyed out when you went underground...
Maybe you have a look, hope I remember correctly

I was there a few days ago when I started a new playthrough. In my first playthrough, nothing was there. On this playthrough, there were ghouls running around on the road so I killed them and the people came back. Can't believe they haven't fixed that bug yet.

I hear you ebevan91 my experience with this silly shrine is first playthrough no monsters someone told me to try meditation it worked I came out of meditation BANG ghouls killed'm people come to shrine shrine greys out happy days, currently on second playthrough clearing all ?mark's and same problem but meditation won't work, c'mon CDPR I thought 1.07 would fix this.

I tried an older Savegame. This time 1 ghouls attacked me (apparently I killed the others earlier -> which seems to trigger the bug, not killing them all at once maybe), I finished it off and the people returned to the shrine.
Then I loaded my latest savegame again, no change.

Top Bottom