Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
they said no to EE because they already have CP2077 in mind but meh.. they could earn more money on something they just have to "fix", they prefer to start making a new game instead :p

they said no to EE because they already have CP2077 in mind but meh.. they could earn more money on something they just have to "fix", they prefer to start making a new game instead :p

considering the success of the Witcher 3 it is likely they actually make an EE . We'll have to wait and see :)

unfortunately yes but it is never too late to change their mind :/

Does it really matter? Isn't that enhanced edition is basically all these bug-fixes patches, 16 DLCs and Expansions we are going to get in pieces instead in one big "edition"?

- which actually makes my previous answer to @vmael incorrect because they actually do charge on it, they just changed the way they deliver it.

And really, as long as they stop shoving Yen into my face and let me stand for my decision to go for Triss, I don't care under what name/package it's being delivered.

Does it really matter? Isn't that enhanced edition is basically all these bug-fixes patches, 16 DLCs and Expansions we are going to get in pieces instead in one big "edition"?

- which actually makes my previous answer to @vmael incorrect because they actually do charge on it, they just changed the way they deliver it.

And really, as long as they stop shoving Yen into my face and let me stand for my decision to go for Triss, I don't care under what name/package it's being delivered.

Well there are extended dialogues in the EE but you are absolutely right i don't care in what form they expand the game as long what we all here want is included.)

It's a shame we needed mod intervention. Everyone is welcome to comment their views on the matter, but please do it in a constructive way. Trolling and insulting us isn't going to win you any favors.

@DarkWolf1 Where exactly did they mention there will be no EE? I can't seem to find anything on that.

It's a shame we needed mod intervention. Everyone is welcome to comment their views on the matter, but please do it in a constructive way. Trolling and insulting us isn't going to win you any favors.

@DarkWolf1 Where exactly did they mention there will be no EE? I can't seem to find anything on that.

I do not know the exact interview unfortunately . I've watched a lot of interviews with the developers. The hype was too big) It was well before the release and what they exactly said was "we have no plans on making a EE for the witcher 3" . But their plans might of changed since.

I could imagine that a small Group of the CDPRs are going for some holiday since tw3 is finished. Another small Group still fixing Bugs and caring for dlcs and expansions while most of their ressources are already working on CBP2077 since a CD said in an interview that CBP2077 will be the greatest RPG in history

Can post the link when Im home from work tho

I could imagine that a small Group of the CDPRs are going for some holiday since tw3 is finished. Another small Group still fixing Bugs and caring for dlcs and expansions while most of their ressources are already working on CBP2077 since a CD said in an interview that CBP2077 will be the greatest RPG in history

Can post the link when Im home from work tho

They've flat out said they're focusing on the Witcher 3 for the next two years. So I doubt the biggest team is working on 2077. The team for it is probably bigger than it was before TW3 came out, but their main focus is still Wild Hunt at this time.

They've flat out said they're focusing on the Witcher 3 for the next two years. So I doubt the biggest team is working on 2077. The team for it is probably bigger than it was before TW3 came out, but their main focus is still Wild Hunt at this time.

Do you really think they need so much ressources for some small dlcs and 2-4 expansions when the structure and graphics build is already there?

It's odd... before the game came out I immediately chose Triss. Always have, I didn't even explore the possible romances with sub-plot women in the game... hell not even a brothel (I did on my evil playthrough of course). But yeah I didn't feel it would be right. Triss has sacrificed SO much for Geralt and she never once left his side, unless she was kidnapped. Even in the TW3, even after you've confirmed to her the relationship is over she's willing to be tortured and nearly killed all on your behalf. Where's Yen? Ciri is supposed to be family to Geralt and Yen but she just sends Geralt on this mission and says "see ya" right after bringing up the fact that you cheated on her.

Geralt lost his memory, and we're not talking about one of those got drunk, blacked out, had sex but didn't remember situations that would still count as cheating. Were talking about nearly died and suffered serious head trauma situations. In a realistic and mature relationship, for example; my wife would find me, ask if I'll be okay, tell me who she is trying to respark my memory and then proceed to beat the shit out of me some more in the hopes I'd lose the memory of having sex with someone else... but in a loving caring kind of way. Yennefer doesn't show up after all this time, and she knew Geralt was trying to find her?

I mean FFS he supposedly lost his memory but loved her enough to still, kind of remember. Maybe if she didn't run away Geralt would have found her before falling for Triss. Now we're being shoehorned to love Yennefer over Triss? I don't know... Doesn't seem right to me.

Last edited:
I feel you. I have chosen Triss aswell. I liked her in the previous games and wanted to end the trilogy with her. Unfortunately this game is a huge let down for me ( Triss content). This game is such a nice experience and it was really cool but the lack of Triss just killed it for me( atleast it gave me some bad feelings about it). I mean a painted picture at the end of the game? After dozen of hours with Triss? We get a painted picture, not even animated. That is rlly messed up tbh.

Not to mention the kaer morhen fiasco. She didnt even say "hello" or something like that. Hard to believe that Geralt is her true love. She told us that she will miss Geralt badly after Novigrad..and then she appeared in Kaer Morhen without a single word to geralt..thanks a lot.

PS: i created the Account here ONLY for this Topic. Feeling rlly dumped down on this case :(

Last edited:
I feel you. I have chosen Triss aswell. I liked her in the previous games and wanted to end the trilogy with her. Unfortunately this game is a huge let down for me ( Triss content). This game is such a nice experience and it was really cool but the lack of Triss just killed it for me( atleast it gave me some bad feelings about it). I mean a painted picture at the end of the game? After dozen of hours with Triss? We get a painted picture, not even animated. That is rlly messed up tbh.

Not to mention the kaer morhen fiasco. She didnt even say "hello" or something like that. Hard to believe that Geralt is her true love. She told us that she will miss Geralt badly after Novigrad..and then she appeared in Kaer Morhen without a single word to geralt..thanks a lot.

PS: i created the Account here ONLY for this Topic. Feeling rlly dumped down on this case :(

I think of everything that happened in Kaer Morhen - her disappearance, and lack of interactions - as part of "Yen path" like many others who mentioned, as if just The Witcher 2 Roache/Iorveth paths would had no difference, you choose Iorveth then you get an obligatory scene and then the game goes forward with Roche path either way.

TW3 is not the same game, but as an example it holds pretty well.

---------- Updated at 02:21 PM ----------

Common, no need to stoop to their level. I think Yen loves him in her own way...

This thread is not about hating Yen but fighting for Triss and our decisions to matter

Last edited:

Almost all of us share ur feelings bro.

We have to be patient and hope for some fixes. I would rather prefer that than a romance Story in an expansion tbh.

Yeah, this whole Kaer Morhen part is probably the biggest disappointment. This thread already provides several good suggestions for the developers to fix this problem, though.

Yeah, this whole Kaer Morhen part is probably the biggest disappointment. This thread already provides several good suggestions for the developers to fix this problem, though.

Yeah i quickly settled on Kaer Morhen as the source of much of my disappointment. I can't get my head round what the writers/developers were thinking about absenting her and reactivity to her from this middle portion of the game. All the extra effort that's put into Yen's romance at this stage also makes it more galling for those who've kicked her to the curb.

I ---------- Updated at 02:21 PM ----------

Common, no need to stoop to their level. I think Yen loves him in her own way...

This thread is not about hating Yen but fighting for Triss and our decisions to matter

Alright, im sorry ! Edited it up for you lol

as if just The Witcher 2 Roache/Iorveth paths would had no difference, you choose Iorveth then you get an obligatory scene and then the game goes forward with Roche path either way.

TW3 is not the same game, but as an example it holds pretty well.

Yeah! I don't mean to derail the topic but Iorveth was my favorite character in all 3 witcher games. His story arch from bad guy to loyal friend is easily the best character development yet. It's really subtle but impossible to not notice. I love stuff like that, I actually had Roche already picked out but without knowing exactly what the choices did I chose Iorveth for a completely different reason.

End of Witcher 2 and Iorveth is right there with you, he had plenty of chances to screw over Geralt or do the whole "this is where we split paths" but he didn't because he realized Geralt wasn't some non-human hating bastard. While even other non-humans treated Geralt like shit and the actual humans did too, Iorveth just treats Geralt like... well Geralt. You also feel a bit accomplished knowing you showed him not all non-elves are evil, without them saying a single word about their status they portray a loyal friendship that we get to see grow over time and our dialog choices matter to his reactions.

And despite having my previous saves, in TWC 3... later dude!

Last edited:
Character motivations:

In his search for Ciri, Geralt encounters two types of characters. Those who help him no matter what because they care about her. They need no further convincing. They drop whatever they are doing and help/join in the search.

Then we have those who do it because we either helped them before or because they ask something in return.

The first group includes, Yennefer, Dandelion (he helped Ciri to great personal risk to him previous to our intervention), the witchers and to a lesser degree Zoltan, who goes to KM just because he cares.

The other group includes everybody else, Roche, Letho, Keira to a degree (she wanted the lamp), the viking guys. They can help or not depending on Geralt’s action.

Setting aside the fact that Dandelion didn’t look for Triss when Ciri found him, because reasons.

Shouldn’t Triss be part of the first group? The game treats her like she is in the second.

When made aware that Ciri is in this world and in danger, and her immediate mission to get the get mages out of the city complete, shouldn’t Triss drop everything and join in the search for Ciri?

It is my understanding she cares about Ciri a great deal, a sort of sister bond between (like Phillipa states in her last quest). She is also another who has an opinion on Geralts and Ciri’s thing with the crones.

Yes, she returns eventually (at Yen’s behest), but isn’t her just doing “stuff” in the meantime completely out of character?

One would think she would be just as invested as Yen in finding Ciri, both because she cares about her in the first place and to help Geralt as well. Even if Geralt rejects her romantically, she would still want to help in her own way.

Thus it would be natural for her to have a bigger role in the main quests.

Last edited:
Just a little aside here, I am trying to bring this thread and the other one that has like 300+ pages, to the attention of a couple of Youtube blogger sites, SourceFed and RoosterTeeth both have praised The Wild Hunt and if we can draw their attention to our plight ( weird word, right? ) maybe they will 'investigate' a little. An email from some of the them might shake the trees a little :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom