Novels and World Book

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Novels and World Book

I recently purchased all the books and the Witcher world book. I was thinking of reading the world book first to have a good foundation of the world to better understand the novels. Does it make sense to read the world book before the novels or does it contain spoilers?

I would advise you to first read the novels since the World book (haven't read it yet) probably contains spoilers. And why would you wait with reading the novels anyway, they're amazing :lol: .
Edit: also, the world becomes very clear when reading the novels.

I would advise you to read the novels first and then the World book for more insight or just read certain parts of the World book, if you want more information about something.

The World book is a companion for the player, so he can get more information about the lore etc.

You could read things in the World book, which haven't yet happened in the novels.

The last chapter in the World Book is basically all the books and games summary. You should avoid it. The rest of the chapters are some general informations that are not so important. You should treat the World book as an art book with some stuff to read, but nothing more. You will understand after reading the novels. Also don't forget to read Sword of Destiny before reading the saga.

The last chapter in the World Book is basically all the books and games summary. You should avoid it. The rest of the chapters are some general information that are not so important. You should treat the World book as an art book with some stuff to read, but nothing more. You will understand after reading the novels. Also don't forget to read Sword of Destiny before reading the saga.

Ah damn, that's what I too was wondering. I just ordered all the books, but on amazon.ca anyway I ordered The Last Wish, Blood of the Elves, The Time of Contempt and, Sword of Destiny, but due to the recent translation of it Sword of Destiny won't be available til December 1st >.<. I would really like to read in the stories chronological order. So I take it I should just suck it up and wait til I can read Sword of Destiny first?

Ah damn, that's what I too was wondering. I just ordered all the books, but on amazon.ca anyway I ordered The Last Wish, Blood of the Elves, The Time of Contempt and, Sword of Destiny, but due to the recent translation of it Sword of Destiny won't be available til December 1st >.<. I would really like to read in the stories chronological order. So I take it I should just suck it up and wait til I can read Sword of Destiny first?

Why Dec 1st? It is in print already in English. Can you order from UK stores? SoD is second, so you can start in on LW while you wait. Did you also intentionally miss Baptism of Fire?

---------- Updated at 02:55 PM ----------

You can get SoD right now from either this forum fan translation http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/16494-Our-Community-Fan-Translations,
amazon kindle edition http://www.amazon.com/Sword-Destiny.../ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=
or a paper edition from amazon.uk. http://www.amazon.com/Sword-Destiny-Andrzej-Sapkowski/dp/1473211530
Probably also on ibook store if you have iOS device.

SoD shouldn't still be available on the forum thread. It was only for those which hadn't been officially translated. I'll be removing my TotS and LotL once they are released too.

Why Dec 1st? It is in print already in English. Can you order from UK stores? SoD is second, so you can start in on LW while you wait. Did you also intentionally miss Baptism of Fire?

I think that it wasn't officially released yet for Nort America, but I will check on if I can order from a European distributor.

Good to know that it's second though I'll start reading Last wish when ity arrives. Baptism of Fire will be the next that I order, just had to be careful of how much I'm spending on what at the moment haha, Figured those ones would at least give me a good start to hold me over til I order the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom