Fallout Countdown

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. But a lot here don't like the mass market mediocrity mentality of companies like Bethesda, which drives their whole approach to making games.

Mass market? You mean just like every other game company that makes AAA games including CDRP?

As for them making mediocre games, I just don't buy that and neither do a lot of other people.

Utter contempt? No...Just didn't enjoy playing games I mentioned...

But I enjoyed PoE, Divinity OS, Dishonored etc etc - none made by CDP ;)

Dishonored was published by Bethesda.

Yes, it was...But developed by somebody else.

My point was that if Bethesda was as bad as you said, they would not have given them the budget and time necessary to make Dishonored so good. They would have rushed it out of the door and used as few resources as possible to make it (which they didn't)

Mass market? You mean just like every other game company that makes AAA games including CDRP?

No, by mass market I mean an approach to development. It's not about AAA or not AAA. It's about gutting artistic depth for more profit. Size of the budget doesn't correlate with this approach directly. I.e. CDPR have big budget games, but they are anti-Bethesda in the sense of not following this mass market mediocrity approach.

My point was that if Bethesda was as bad as you said, they would not have given them the budget and time necessary to make Dishonored so good. They would have rushed it out of the door and used as few resources as possible to make it (which they didn't)
I hope this time they will do the same thing and spend resources wisely - on well written characters, interesting quests, combat...:)

You didn't get what I mean. It's not about graphics. It's about creativity.

Well if it's creativity then, Bethesda still makes some of the best lore out there and they still make some of the best worlds. Sure, Skyrim has nothing like Novigrad, the people are not nearly as expressive and the main quest is nowhere near what CDPR makes but something about it still makes me want to just fire up the game again, even after 500-700 hours so they must have done something right to deserve all the attention they get.

So how exactly has BGS gutted artistic depth for more profit ?

Yes, and even if you provide arguments for their current games, how can you prove that they are doing the same for FO4?

Well if it's creativity then, Bethesda still makes some of the best lore out there and they still make some of the best worlds. Sure, Skyrim has nothing like Novigrad, the people are not nearly as expressive and the main quest is nowhere near what CDPR makes but something about it still makes me want to just fire up the game again, even after 500-700 hours so they must have done something right to deserve all the attention they get.

I'll politely disagree. The last good Elder Scrolls game was Morrowind ;D

BGS? You mean Baldur's Gate Saga? It was Bioware (of old), not Bethesda. And it was made in times when artistic depth wasn't yet sacrificed for mass market purposes :)

No, he meant Bethesda Game Softworks. You are avoiding the question.

How has Bethesda, in the past and present, sacrificed artistic depth for more profit?

No, he meant Bethesda Game Softworks. You are avoiding the question.

How has Bethesda, in the past and present, sacrificed artistic depth for more profit?

Simple. For me Skyrim is a prime example of mass market mediocrity. It's not like they couldn't make a better game (Morrowind was much better). They just didn't want to, because mass market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom