Addressing the no XP Glitch

+
So BREAKING NEWS about the hotfix.

As by MARCIN's words here (in polish) http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...dotycząca-źle-zliczanego-doświadczenia/page25 the coming patch is going to fix the problem with missing exp

AND I am going to let you know the way. Behold please. Tremble. The brilliand and genius, thus simple decision:

The quests intended to grant you (wait for it) 0 exp will now grant (wait a bit more) 5 (omgwtfiddqd 5 exp!!!!!11) exp.
So it took them about a week and a whole lot of patch bundle to come up with it. And not to release it yet.

Ola bois.

Btw @Marcin Momot - y u hate the eng speaking community so badly u do not bother to write anything here, dear community manager sir?

On the same reply he also says that the patch will fix the bug that green quest are not giving XP. So calm your horses

On the same reply he also says that the patch will fix the bug that green quest are not giving XP. So calm your horses

I actually let go the frustration about the missing XP bug. Now I am frustrated with the pettiness of the attempt to fix the missing XP retroactively.

Yeah he is probably saying that the grey quests that were intended to not give any XP will give 5 xp now and they will fix the xp bug for the green quests.

I actually let go the frustration about the missing XP bug. Now I am frustrated with the pettiness of the attempt to fix the missing XP retroactively.

And the community manager only informed the polish community about the recent news, and he still has his job. And the product still not fit for purpose after 2 weeks. Way to go, CDProjekt. This level of amateurism in community care starting from the release day is just unbeliavable in AAA game industry.

And the community manager only informed the polish community about the recent news, and he still has his job. And the product still not fit for purpose after 2 weeks. Way to go, CDProjekt. This level of amateurism in community care starting from the release day is just unbeliavable in AAA game industry.

Buahahaha, please, I do agree that it should not have happened, but every major release in recent years is bugged that way.... Closest in shape: Dragon Age Inqusition, there are bugs they still haven't fixed (skills not working as intended or at all), not to mention community requests for UI and control changes. COD's, Battlefields, all the same.
The "AAA industry" line has become a herald of prematurely released titles.

Buahahaha, please, I do agree that it should not have happened, but every major release in recent years is bugged that way.... Closest in shape: Dragon Age Inqusition, there are bugs they still haven't fixed (skills not working as intended or at all), not to mention community requests for UI and control changes. COD's, Battlefields, all the same.
The "AAA industry" line has become a herald of prematurely released titles.

The thing is with this game that they delayed the release by 8 month, and still left obvious game-breaking bugs in here that could be discovered by anyone on his/her first playthrough :).

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/604304957462986752
Working on fixing the "No XP" bug. Hotfix coming Monday for PC, consoles will follow shortly. Details on our forums:...

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/42316-ETA-for-1-05-patch?p=1722259&viewfull=1#post1722259
That’s correct. It’s getting fixed next week. We were trying to release a hotfix on Monday but since the 1.05 on PC is coming right after that, we might just release 1.05 and include the XP fix in there as well.
That will happen most likely Tuesday/Wednesday.We do not stop working. We are trying to fix everything. Thank you for your understanding.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-of-King-s-Gambit-quest?p=1726403#post1726403
Patch 1.05 for PC / 1.04 on consoles. the PC patch should be here by Wednesday, the latest. We hope the consoles will follow shortly.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-patch-today?p=1742151&viewfull=1#post1742151
Why i should beleive this now, considering tomorrow is holiday in Poland and there'll be a long weekend?

Because we will be working through the long weekend if needed to release the patch ASAP.

I know who'll get my personal Casey Hudson award for most credibile person of the year - Marcin, you rock!

Last edited:
True, I was never trying to excuse RED's, but unfortunately current "AAA industry standard" is of pretty low standard in my view.
I would just prefer that devs would approach community more like in StarCitizen experiment.
Even if things go wrong, but you are open about it and for christ's sake do not even hint on any promises (net has it's way of twisting any messages), you are good with most of the community. There will always be malcontent's that's but community itself is taking care of their whining.

True, I was never trying to excuse RED's, but unfortunately current "AAA industry standard" is of pretty low standard in my view.
I would just prefer that devs would approach community more like in StarCitizen experiment.
Even if things go wrong, but you are open about it and for christ's sake do not even hint on any promises (net has it's way of twisting any messages), you are good with most of the community. There will always be malcontent's that's but community itself is taking care of their whining.

There are brilliant examples of community handling by developers, look at Wasteland 2 or Sunless Sea, they even allowed their customers to change core mechanics of the game. Both titles were wide open about their bugs, and the staff was proactive as needed. But CDProject can't even handle ONE bug's lifeline process.

Btw @Marcin Momot - y u hate the eng speaking community so badly u do not bother to write anything here, dear community manager sir?
Maybe it's to do with English being a secondary language? Last time he tried to explain the bug problem many (including myself and numerous news sites) misinterpreted it meaning it applied only to grey quests. Maybe he just doesn't know how to say it without being misinterpreted or insulted. Also bear in mind he's community editor, not necessarily one of the coders, so he just relays the info to and from the community. In between his jogging and getting excited about Fallout 4.

Man. I really love this game I really do. But it is just an absolute clusterf**k mess ATM. The exp bug is terrible. I thought I had It sussed. I didn't get any exp for the poet quest chain then I got an alert saying 100 exp for paying the captain to go to Skellige. I checked the exp level and it actually have me 1600 exp levelling me up without even notifying so I figured It was like a catch up and exp was getting attached to main quest. I reloaded did the payment to Skellige this time getting 600 exp instead of 100 so I thought logically that made sense as I had not done the port quest yet. So then I went and did about 5 side quests for 0 exp thinking a story quest would give me the lost exp. Did the first one on Skeige and got nothing :(. It's just a mess. I get that I can probably complete the game even though I am playing on deathwatch but feeling that you are constantly gambling with your time which could ultimately leave you in a really bad position end game is not an enjoyable experience. Also everytime quest complete pops up and you get nothing just makes you feel shitty :(. Exp in a game like this is critical. I just don't get why such major bug got allowed with all the delays etc. also the fact that Marcin is talking to the Polish community and not the English is DISGUSTING.

Sort it out please. I just feel sad that this has detracted my appreciation for what in many ways is a masterpiece.

Last edited:
Well, to be honest (just an insight thought) the amount of frustration and crymearivers and whining and stuff here on the forums is strongly dependant on the fact that the game is really omg! really awesome. I truly love it. I just hate the feeling of it being spoiled and not fixed. Nor even attempted. And taking this "valve-like-stance" with all this 1.05 fuzz does not help to cope.

We all get fucked by CDP. Dont buy any future game from them.... Pathetic studio

i really want a refund for this fist in my ass

Agree. A lot of the frustration is because the game is actually extremely good and fun to play, but not being able to advance the game beyond my current point is infuriating and disappointing. I haven't been able to earn XP from any quest since Friday on PS4. Went through ALL of the Skellige island quests and contracts and gained less then 1200 XP total, mostly from killing baddies. Which really kills the experience. And trying to self test the quests and bugs to see if anything actually works, really kills the immersion of the game world and story.

haha, thanks for compiling these! This is so ridiculous, makes them look so bad...

To be fair none of those are really lies. Saying something "Should be" done doesn't mean it's set in stone. Had he said "Will be", it would be a different story. Kind of curiuous though why that twitter post was deleted...

Kind of curiuous though why that twitter post was deleted...

Working on fixing the "No XP" bug. Hotfix coming Monday for PC, consoles will follow shortly. Details on our forums:...

Trying to stealthily remove his tracks....which is kinda not happening in the internet day and age. Nice try though....

Last edited:
Release the damn hot fix then if you guys are going to keep pushing back the 1.05 patch. On twitter you said that you were holding it back because patch 1.05 was coming. However that isn't happening so there is no reason to put off the hot fix. I understand that patches take a while. However there is 0 reason to hold back that hot fix now and that just leads me to believe some of the complaints others have made about "console parity"

Top Bottom