XP Bug: mod fixes it?

+
same I'm probably not going to use until I feel it's effecting me to play the game, we shall see (starting 2nd playthrough tonight, heh)

Well it seems like it's effecting me, but it might just be the early quests that are cheap on XP. Though I should be level 3 with everything I did. It's not the case atm.

Does this actually fix the bug where quests don't give XP even if they are green/red, or does it only make it so all grey quests still give XP?

Does this actually fix the bug where quests don't give XP even if they are green/red, or does it only make it so all grey quests still give XP?

It seems like all quests give XP now regardless of level from what I've read, however, I'm not sure if there's some type of scaling involved like if you're level 25 compeleting a Level 5 quest, if it will give you the full XP or partial XP cause you over leveled. Only way this can be answered by continue to check the comments of that mod in the nexus thread or perhaps if people post their find here as well.

Just tried finishing green lvl11 primary quest Broken Flowers without this fix at level 16, no xp. Applied this fix, re-did it again and got xp from the quest and leveled to 17. Seems like this could work as a temporary fix if one stays away from grey quests.

Afraid to try but really wanna play... Does it really work? Doesn't break achievments?
Will it now be that all quests show recommended level 69?

Quest colors in journal are still correct even after this fix(with right quest level suggestions).

Just tried finishing green lvl11 primary quest Broken Flowers without this fix at level 16, no xp. Applied this fix, re-did it again and got xp from the quest and leveled to 17. Seems like this could work as a temporary fix if one stays away from grey quests.

How much XP did it give you in one quest? And if you happen to try a grey please post back what kind of XP gain you get from that? I too am worried in terms of in my first playthrough even with the XP Bug (at least when I start noticing it) I was over leveled for most of the game, and if you apply this fix I can only wonder what level I'll actually, heh.

Quest colors in journal are still correct even after this fix(with right quest level suggestions).

Do you know if it breaks achievments? Many games break achievments when you mod them (like beating the game on blood and broken bones).
No shady side effects of doing this?
Really afraid to break something else or whatever.

But god damn do I wanna play again. Haven't played since Friday as my green main quests provide no XP.

I hate how he calls it a fix when all he did was alter the level and such, which bypasses and breaks the system in place, they should of just put a lvl 30 cap then people wouldn't complain because everyone would be 30.

Nothing personal but altering all the values and breaking the system is more a hack or cheat than a mod :p

Last edited:
I hate how he calls it a fix when all he did was alter the level and such, which bypasses and breaks the system in place, they should of just put a lvl 30 cap then people wouldn't complain because everyone would be 30.

This is my concern too, however, in reading more comments in the main mod thread there seems to be some type of scaling involved when you do complete a quest.

One comment I saw, he was level 18 and completed a Level 6 quest, and got 20 XP for the completion. (which is trivial in the end of the day if that's case..) I think it will take more people to continue to test and post back their results to truly see if the leveling experience is broken in a different way now. Overall though this could be better than nothing since it seems their planned patch is going to take longer than anticipated from how cryptic the devs are being now.

Another something. It is in my understanding that we are not meant to get much higher then level 35 XD even if theres a cap of what? 70? This would pretty much let you overshoot on that level easily.

No time to do more tests as it works wonders for me. No idea on achievements or grey quests. Got 640xp from that lvl11 main story quest at lvl16. 20xp from Gwent grey quest chain fight.

EDIT: 160xp now from part of a primary quest. Level 12 quest, I'm now 17 and it was green. 40xp from second part. Nice to get rewarded!

Last edited:
This is my concern too, however, in reading more comments in the main mod thread there seems to be some type of scaling involved when you do complete a quest.

One comment I saw, he was level 18 and completed a Level 6 quest, and got 20 XP for the completion. (which is trivial in the end of the day if that's case..) I think it will take more people to continue to test and post back their results to truly see if the leveling experience is broken in a different way now. Overall though this could be better than nothing since it seems their planned patch is going to take longer than anticipated from how cryptic the devs are being now.

Some quests give you low XP even in the regular game.

Shame to devs being unable to release long ago promised hotfix.
Bravo to modders!
Finally I can go playing!

Another something. It is in my understanding that we are not meant to get much higher then level 35 XD even if theres a cap of what? 70? This would pretty much let you overshoot on that level easily.

This is true but everyone ignores it and shoots for 70 that's why half of them are complaining about the XP (generally, not saying here) because their friend is higher or further along in levels :p

This is true but everyone ignores it and shoots for 70 that's why half of them are complaining about the XP (generally, not saying here) because their friend is higher or further along in levels :p

I tend to disagree actually. We wont really overshoot. Just imagine it like knowing the good quest pattern from the beginning. It's totally doable to complete every quest in the game without any becoming gray if you do it in a certain order. So I don't think it's a cheat or hack at all, as long as it doesnt break anything not mentioned yet.

And as i said earlier but no one responded to, I'm mostly worried what things like this will break the possibility of achievments.

It works perfectly. Just made Lord of Undvik quest 400 exp reward. Before mod 0. I am level 20 quest is for 17. Try it out.

I tend to disagree actually. We wont really overshoot. Just imagine it like knowing the good quest pattern from the beginning. It's totally doable to complete every quest in the game without any becoming gray if you do it in a certain order. So I don't think it's a cheat or hack at all, as long as it doesnt break anything not mentioned yet.

And as i said earlier but no one responded to, I'm mostly worried what things like this will break the possibility of achievments.

Has someone officially on regular done all the quests? Without any being out of range? Just curious.

As for mods, that's the territory, it's the same as hacking, your changing the game from it's official form. With lots of game if they didn't force you to keep it official for official rewards, you could just download a achievement mod and get everything in 30 seconds lol not saying CDPR does this but it's always very possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom