This Experience Bug

+
This Experience Bug

...I cannot believe it has yet to be fixed. I have not been able to play the witcher for almost a week now, and that is inexcusable. This is my first time ever purchasing a CD Projekt Red game, and I'm appalled. I've been monitoring these forums with patience, reading as people constantly commend this studio for acknowledging the bug and responding to us, but all that proves is they're not completely dense. This bug has to be affecting thousands of people who purchased the game, and for $60 i expect to be able to play. Do you think Apple would roll out an iphone that could do everything but send and receive calls, and then not have the nerve to fix the issue immediately? I love the game they created, but this is just ridiculous. I basically played a beta version of the game, and now I have to wait a week to play the final build (which will still be buggy). I would not have purchased this game had I known it would be like this, and I'm sure that applies to many others. I expect a hasty response from Marcin; tell us what the issue is in the simplest terms possible, since you've already identified the bug.

EDIT: For those of you who don't understand the scope of the bug, it affects quests both under your lvl AND over your level.

Last edited:
Did anybody ever think about that it might be something more difficult to find or fix?
Sure it's annoying, but sometimes u miss such little things over and over again, first u go for the codeparts where it would make most sense to look for this bug, then u keep digging elsewhere... every coder knows that some evil bugs take forever to find.
And even if you do, you break two things by fixing one.

So don't be too mad, they would have hotfixed it by now it they could, so they're not doing it on purpose. :p

I for myself took the time to browse the forum, create some mods, currently i'm coding a perma-death tool and playing LoL and Skyrim. :p
And once the update comes, i'm gonna start over on the highest difficulty. :)

Edit: And beta game? Seriously? This game has the least bugs i've ever seen at a fresh released game! Ever!

Last edited:
It's not a bug, it's a feature.

I want the old system to stay. I want story quests 6 levels or lower to NOT give ANY xp. Actually, I want all quests 6 levels or lower to not give any XP. Now that I think about it, I want all quests 2 levels or lower to not give any XP.

I am serious. Leveling goes way too fast for me. I'm level 10, and I still have a bunch of level 6 and 7 quests to do. If this continues, I am forced to do 1 of 2 things: 1) actually skip a bunch of secondary quests, because just the story quests give me enough xp to keep going, or 2) do most of my quests when I am 5 or 10 or even more levels above the target-level. Both options are not fun. I rather have a way to freeze my xp. That way both types of players get what they want (the fast, gimme gimme gimme-type of players, and the slower completionists).

Complaining that you might miss a little bit of xp ...... I really can't understand that. It's all about the game. The quests. The story. The experience. Who cares about a little bit of xp ?

@ OP: YOu did all Quests / Sidequests and contracts yet? Wow. And even more, you can't play? How about screw XP, at lv 20 you are godlike anyways, whats the point on leveling past 20? You blow this bug way out of proportion.

I havent died since level 15 i dont give a damn about the xp bug because leveling doesn't get me anywhere. Okay, i could equip some better armor and weapons that would make me even more godlike. This game is a jewel. Remember when Fallout 3 / New Vegas or Skyrim were released? They had bugs everywhere.

Sheesh some people really are drama queens.

I want the old system to stay. I want story quests 6 levels or lower to NOT give ANY xp. Actually, I want all quests 6 levels or lower to not give any XP. Now that I think about it, I want all quests 2 levels or lower to not give any XP.

I am serious. Leveling goes way too fast for me. I'm level 10, and I still have a bunch of level 6 and 7 quests to do. If this continues, I am forced to do 1 of 2 things: 1) actually skip a bunch of secondary quests, because just the story quests give me enough xp to keep going, or 2) do most of my quests when I am 5 or 10 or even more levels above the target-level. Both options are not fun. I rather have a way to freeze my xp. That way both types of players get what they want (the fast, gimme gimme gimme-type of players, and the slower completionists).

Complaining that you might miss a little bit of xp ...... I really can't understand that. It's all about the game. The quests. The story. The experience. Who cares about a little bit of xp ?

I understand where you're coming from, but there are so many side quests/contracts that it is easy to lose your way along the main quest. I followed the main quest for a bit and then decided to go back and tackle side quests/contracts that I didn't finish before, only to find to my dismay that I would receive no XP. This is very demotivating. It is demotivating to complete a quest/contract and receive NO XP for it. I can understand reducing the amount of XP, but please don't remove it completely.

I just hold off on the quests are way too low and go do the ones that are my level. Problem solved.

---------- Updated at 08:51 PM ----------

I understand where you're coming from, but there are so many side quests/contracts that it is easy to lose your way along the main quest. I followed the main quest for a bit and then decided to go back and tackle side quests/contracts that I didn't finish before, only to find to my dismay that I would receive no XP. This is very demotivating. It is demotivating to complete a quest/contract and receive NO XP for it. I can understand reducing the amount of XP, but please don't remove it completely.

So You're saying that only XP matters? not the story behind the quest, the potential loot or anything else? Really?

It seems like you don't understand the scope of this bug, as I'm not getting exp for almost all quests, even those above my level. I'm level 15 and I'm not receiving exp for Broken Flowers or any of the quests in Skelige. It's not a minor annoyance, it's gamebreaking.

I just hold off on the quests are way too low and go do the ones that are my level. Problem solved.

---------- Updated at 08:51 PM ----------

So You're saying that only XP matters? not the story behind the quest, the potential loot or anything else? Really?

When did I say that? Don't assume or take information for granted. All I stated was that to receive no experience can be demotivating. Experience/XP is an incentive, that is my point. Of course the story matters, but why can't we have both? 0 XP is demotivating. At least limit the amount of XP, reduce it, scale it, w/e, but don't remove it completely.

I agree with the regular XP i was WAY overleveled on the hardest setting, ask the question a million times on the forums/reddit and the answer is always "I want to be a higher level or have more XP" not "I need to be a higher level or have more XP". There are a few that have separate issues where they need the fix but they are not the bulk of them from my time on the forums, blogs and reddit.

Not too sure about the 2 or less (no exp) but the grey quests should remain how they are (giving no exp at six or less).

An option could be all quests show no level or con color and everyone just plays organically. (done with module)

Another option could to have an EXP slider before a person starts the first game. [10% < ------- > Normal Amount (100%) ]. (in-house development, probably)

There's a 4 Page thread on the Tech Support forums about a Mod that did a bit work around for all Quests to give XP.

From the comments of the main thread of the mod and what people are saying, it defiantly seems to work. Naturally it's not an offiical fix, so use at your own risk:

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/119/?

Top Bottom