Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The interactive scene you paint sounds very nice but i'd have been happy with the interactive epilogues all taking place in Kaer Morhen as people prepare to go their separate ways to their new lives.
I agree with this. The epilogue should be a satisfying ending to the game(tw3) and should include all friends (+dialog) - especially your romance options (Triss:wub:)

I would've used the ending slides to end the trilogy: show the state of the world and the fate of less important characters. This would include references to characters from TW 1 and 2 (Shani for example). This way it's not just an ending to TW3, but an ending to the whole trilogy.

But I guess this is all a bit off-topic *cough*

Last edited:
400 votes for Triss by the end of the week? Seems manageable. Let's get on with it!

Yen actually shows some real feelings when its already to late in my opinion. Thats why I wanted to talk with her about the whole Triss thing earlier in the game. But you actually cant even do that later. There is just her enrage mode at Kaer Morhen

I know. Yen and Geralt still truly care about each other. They're both adults - they should be able to have a mature, adult conversation about their relationship. Not just kicking him into a portal and that's the end of it. I rather liked the portal, it was in keeping with her character as I understand it, but it was not the best way to handle it. They should have been able to talk about the fact that Geralt made a choice - check my dialogue if you haven't already seen it. Post 1483. I like what I wrote because you actually feel bad for Yennefer but the game doesn't invalidate your choice of picking Triss. It makes you feel it.

However, upon learning that Ciri was in danger there was no sense in her doing other stuff, when her quest was completed, regardless of a romance option.

Could you expand on this? As I see it, she doesn't really do anything else after her quest is done. It's not clear from your previous post what you were implying. :X

I mean when Geralt said he loved her at the port it really felt like it was the culmination of something deep, and the tension, and perhaps even fear he felt when he said it really left me with a strange feeling.

I agree. This was phenomenally well-written. You can really feel it. Geralt is sure of what he wants but is also afraid of opening up to someone - he ultimately decides Triss is the one he can be open with. I think the payoff of this particular scene is spectacular. It just sucks that they don't really follow through with any of it. The fact that the endgame doesn't give any such meaningful interaction, means the entire relationship falls flat. Like I have said before, this house is lacking the foundation of the smaller moments and without them, it becomes unstable.

But her total disregard for other people's well being (excluding Ciri, and to some extent Geralt) really made her unappealing to me.

This is part of my displeasure towards Yennefer. She will always be looking out for number one. She destroys that enchanted garden on Hindersfjall without a second thought. I don't see Triss doing something like that. She doesn't do necromancy so they wouldn't have gotten a firsthand account from Skjall but they likely could have found the same information another way. It would likely have taken a little bit longer but thems the brakes. The flipside is true for the torture scene with Menge. I don't see Yen putting herself directly in harms way to get the information. She would have likely favored more subterfuge or a more direct approach. She just doesn't strike me as the self-sacrificing type. That's simply my interpretation though, if I'm wrong, don't hate me. I haven't had as much experience with her.

Only thing I would change would be to have put that before any romance with Triss, purely for a narrative reason as the the whole breakup after the second game, getting on with Yen then breaking up with her, and getting with Triss again would make more sense, even if it even now still remains a convoluted mess.

It could have actually worked if they put this at the very beginning of the game. The only change is I wouldn't have made it a chance to lock the romance into place. Do this quest and at the end they part ways and decide to see if something is still there between them later. On Skellige, there would be a new quest to lock in the romance with Yennefer after you have had some time with her. That way, when you do go to Novigrad, you don't have any magic clouding your mind. I would bet money that Yennefer was toying with this idea for quite some time - probably before meeting her in Vizima, so it's not totally out of line to have this earlier in the game.

Are "dearly missed" characters more like Iorveth & Co or....maybe some sweet red haired sorceress?

I sincerely hope it is the sweet red haired sorceress. I don't think this is a reference to her though :( How could she be dearly missed if she was literally just in the main game? :X I think it's a reference more to characters in the previous games.

It would be nice to have some conversations with Triss about Yen and the other way around . Maybe we will

Not necessarily a catfight per se, but I would have liked to see some sort of exchange between them. Maybe I will try to write something for this too. :eek:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 6.03.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 6.03.54 PM.png
    144.5 KB · Views: 78
Didn't mind personally not having an option of where to go after the game (Kovir).

It's not like you're going to play the game there (as it's a post-ending story detail).

It's open ended as to what you end up doing (as financial means are no longer a concern), so the ending isn't something where Geralt is forced into an ending lifestyle you don't like.

Wouldn't mind more dialog, some banter, even if it ends up with Triss telling you "Run from me now, witcher, and I'll bring you through a portal myself".

Even a non-interactive cutscene in their house in Kovir before the end credits would be interesting, something to preface the final narrated end-picture...

[Geralt sitting shirtless on their bed, Triss beside him stitching his arm. Few candles lit, evening sun casting light shafts across corner of room]
Triss: Kayran, huh?
Geralt: ...Yes....small one, of course.
Triss: Because baby kayran are *just* adorable...could have brought it home, we don't have a pet-
Geralt: There is no such thing as-OW!
[pulling stitch tight, Triss leans in to kiss him on the neck]
Triss: [whispering in his ear] Shush...it had it's turn before, now I get mine [giggles, nuzzling his neck, their eyes lock]
[Loud, incessant banging at door downstairs]
Dandelion: Ms. Merigooollld! I know you're in there kidnapping my friend!
Geralt: ...[exasperated]...Dandelion!...
Triss: And we'd have it no other way.
[She kisses him deeply, getting up pulling him along, scene fades]

Or whatever a writer could make that wraps up their story, is intimate, passionate, yet containing that sense of humor that always follows their scenes.

U plan on writing a book about a new witcher adventure? :cheers:

Would give u my money for such ideas :wub:

The thing is.. while reading those dialogues like those from @xE1NSTE1Nx2049 I always imagine how perfectly Triss and Geralt would say that with their personality. Everytime a great feeling :)

The painted picture is the Worst . I haven't talked to Triss for hours, since Novigrad and in the end you get a picture??? wtf

Epilogue slides are pretty much a standard of RPG's so i expected them and was very happy with the picture and written lines we got(well maybe apart from the 'its hard to believe' bit.
My only real issue with the interactive epilogue was setting it in white orchard. But i was really happy there was an interactive epilogue in the first place.

If I will find Triss earrings that will open for me new dialogues? Because i forget about them when i was playing first time...and now I just started new game :)

[Geralt sitting shirtless on their bed, Triss beside him stitching his arm. Few candles lit, evening sun casting light shafts across corner of room]
Triss: Kayran, huh?
Geralt: ...Yes....small one, of course.
Triss: Because baby kayran are *just* adorable...could have brought it home, we don't have a pet-
Geralt: There is no such thing as-OW!
[pulling stitch tight, Triss leans in to kiss him on the neck]
Triss: [whispering in his ear] Shush...it had it's turn before, now I get mine [giggles, nuzzling his neck, their eyes lock]
[Loud, incessant banging at door downstairs]
Dandelion: Ms. Merigooollld! I know you're in there kidnapping my friend!
Geralt: ...[exasperated]...Dandelion!...
Triss: And we'd have it no other way.
[She kisses him deeply, getting up pulling him along, scene fades]

Nice little dialogue. :p Certainly better than the one epilogue slide. You said this was in Kovir though, so what's Dandelion doing there? :X Isn't he still in Novigrad? Or are you implying this before they leave Novigrad and are shacked up at the Cabaret? Sorry, just not entirely clear where and when you are saying this takes place.

Now that would be perfect but in that case they would have to make one for Yen too or we are gonna see another thread getting this kind of attention.

If they were going to add something like this, it would only make sense to include one for Yen too. I don't want the Yennefer-fans to get shafted either. :eek:

If I will find Triss earrings that will open for me new dialogues? Because i forget about them when i was playing first time...and now I just started new game
Starting a new game just to find a pair of earrings. That's some hardcore fandom right there! :cheers:

If I will find Triss earrings that will open for me new dialogues? Because i forget about them when i was playing first time...and now I just started new game :)

Yeah you get one additional piece of dialogue, I reloaded 3 hours back just to get it. Considering that dialogue is about 20% of the dialogue we have with her :p

Yep Geralt gets to complement Triss and Triss gets a new look. Though would have been ideal if it was more reactive of state of relationship.

The thing is.. while reading those dialogues like those from @xE1NSTE1Nx2049 I always imagine how perfectly Triss and Geralt would say that with their personality. Everytime a great feeling

Thank you. I'm going to write another sometime today. :p They just help to give a little bit of closure - I know it's not the same as seeing it unfold on screen in front of you, but it helps a bit. :X

Epilogue slides are pretty much a standard of RPG's so i expected them and was very happy with the picture and written lines we got(well maybe apart from the 'its hard to believe' bit.

I don't have a huge problem with them - in fact they help to show the far-reaching consequences of some of your actions. However, shouldn't there have been something more between the love interest? That choice alone is setting the tone for the rest of their lives.

My only real issue with the interactive epilogue was setting it in white orchard. But i was really happy there was an interactive epilogue in the first place.

I like the epilogue but at least give us a real time scene with Triss before the end. It was so long time ago since we talked to her :( :(
There should of been a scene where he meets Triss after he gave the sword to Ciri . Geralt and Triss talk for a while and then they are on their way to Kovir.
Much better ending.

There should of been a scene where he meets Triss after he gave the sword to Ciri . Geralt and Triss talk for a while and then they are on their way to Kovir.

That doesnt fit. The End stated, that Geralt and Ciri are roaming arround for a while. After that Geralt roams alone( possible the DLC's?) and THEN he settled down in Kovir.

Been around this forum for a while and wanted to make an account to help support what all of you are doing. I romanced Triss and while doing so it felt like an afterthought due to some of the points in the game where it would seem reasonable to mention Geralt romancing Triss or breaking up with Yen not doing a great job at recognizing my choices. There were also some moments in the game where it felt like I was still in a relationship with Yen when this was in fact not the case. These have been mentioned already, but I Iwould like to add my 2 cents on the inconsistencies. Spoilers btw.

Yen kissing Geralt in Kaer Morhen despite a potentially romanced Triss being present and the possibility that you can break off the relationship with her in general: This, to me, is the worst of the game not recognizing Geralt's romance with Triss or even Geralt's decision to end the relationship. Geralt and Yen (in a Triss only romance or an alone playthrough) have just broken up with Yen for what will probably be the last time now that the wish that always made sure that they would never forever be separated is no longer a factor in their lives which allows for the possibility that Geralt might never see or think of Yen again.From what I know of Yen she thinks before she does things and not to mention she values her relationships whether friendly or intimate and even if you call the kiss impulsive I imagine kissing Geralt would be the last thing she would consider since they just broke up and you realize that, at the beginning of the Kaer Morhen questline she is, to put it mildly angry at you. All the while Triss just looks at them and pretends it never happend. Note that Triss looking at Yen kissing Geralt is not romance exclusive. She looks at them evenwhen you say goodbye to her and are with Yen. You would think that she would have something to say or maybe react a bit stronger towards the kiss if they are in a relationship would you?

Another is that nobody but Triss, Geralt, Djistra, and Philipa seem to know that they are together. Even Yen, who can read Geralt's mind, does not seem to know of Geralt's possible feelings towards Triss. Either that or she's in denial and doesn't even acknowledge the fact that Triss is present. Even if Geralt and Triss weren't together they were 6 months ago so this could be seen as an inconsiderate thing to do. Yen values her friends so I don't think she would think about making things awkward with Triss. Even Ciri, who plays one of the bigger roles in the game, is like a daughter to Geralt, and who seems to know Geralt inside and out makes no mention of Geralt having anything to do with Triss or even having nothing to do with Yen. Her dialogue sometimes conveys the idea that Geralt and Yen are still a couple. This is evident when the two are sitting together after the battle with the crones and Imlerith having a conversation on Yen's reaction on allowing her to go there. She's the only one that's noted even when Triss or Avallac'h are just as concerned and important to Ciri.

These are only two of the many inconsistencies present and it would be great if CDPR would at least revise some bits of the Kaer Morhen plot to where it acthally takes into account that Geralt could be with Triss or alone. Moreso with Triss as the break up is still mentioned but Yen kissing Geralt when they just separated just seemed strange to me.
Triss' character development from when she was first introduced in the books to Witcher 3 is sound and reasonable imo and the fact that Geralt can reject Yen and live with Triss in Kovir without any mention of Yen getting in contact with Geralt only solidifies the fact that in The Witcher 3 there is no right or wrong decision of who Geralt can confess his love to. It's uo to the player to decide what Geralt does. This isn't a direct sequel from the books. Despite the relationship of Triss and Geralt being somewhat founded on manipulation Triss has come togenuinely care for Geralt by the Witcher 3. True if it was a direct sequel from the books with Triss not receiving any character development one could say thatshe could have different motivationsfor being with Geralt but in Witcher 3 you can see that Triss is willing to let go of Geralt so he can be happy with Triss or if Geralt loves her instead she drops everything to be with him.

Just my views on the romance as well as Triss' development of her feelings for Geralt. There are some book readers or Witcher 1 gamers who won't forgive Triss and think she is unworthy of Geralt's love and choose Yen and think that she should be the only option, but I disagree. Both have flaws to their relationship and treatment of Geralt. The games give enough room for Geralt to feel differently from how he was in the books.

Again just my opinions/views on this. The whole point of rpgs is to make decisions and have things left for interpretation so that the player may role play however the game allows them to. Sorry for the wall of text btw just really enjoyed Triss' character.

Wait a second! What earrings? when can they be found?

Around here I believe in the bushes, WITCHER CSI SENSES will help you find it around the broken remains of the bed.

It needs to be picked up before U.M.A is finished, then you can give Triss them after the Philippa quest in Novigrad I believe.

Because... 1). You can't talk to her in Kaer Morhen when she does show up.
2). You can't talk to her after the battle because she leaves.
3). "Well?"

Attachments

• Earring location.jpg
    Earring location.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 669
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom