Reccomendation For Signs

+
Reccomendation For Signs

I would like to know what signs you guys recommend for a newer player? For example if I was going to only level up 2 signs?

I would like to do a mix of combat and signs. I am playing on blood and bones, and am already having a lot of trouble. Thanks for any response.

Get Axii sign level to 3 as soon as possible as it's useful not only in combat(the stun effect is nice) but also in dialogs. I would suggest Igni if you like to burn enemies around, the fire stream is fun to use but it's up to you to choose another sign to level up if you want :)

Quen is a must, and will give you the most visible benefit right from the start. Always have Quen up. If you get hit, back off a bit and wait till you get Quen up again before you go attacking. That's a very safe way of playing, but it might help you at the start. Tier 1 (Exploding Quen) and Tier 2 (Shield) are both useful, so see which one works better for you (or use both).

The second ability that will be useful is Axii. You can benefit from it in dialogues, and the 2nd tier version can be a lot of fun against Bandits and what not.

Third ability I can recommend is 2nd tier of Yrden (Trap). This is a turret you can set in the field and troll enemies with haha. Lots of fun. Set one in a bandit camp, and you won't have to worry about arrows (to the knee).

Igni and Aard don't really need any abilities for them to be useful. You can put points in the Melt Armor for Igni if you want, but do that after getting other abilities. Igni's burning is quite good, but to get enemies to burn, you need high enough Sign Intensity (Burning).

Axii to 3 is useful in a lot of conversations, but be careful because certain people will resist and it will end badly for you.

Level up Alternate-Igni to max and try to get tier 3 Igni max. About halfway into the game you should respec and drop all signs (except 3 Axii) and move into alchemy.

Quen isn't useful unless you're bad or a button masher (which is the same as bad). Aard range increase is ok to have. Yrden isn't really worth leveling as I see it.

I never really bothered with Axii. I never felt like I needed it, there were no dialogues that I've ever encountered that were worth putting 3 skill points into Axii.

I barely use Aard and I only use Yrden for powerful wraiths. The only signs worth investing into is Quen and Igni imo. Igni melts about anything and Quen is pretty OP as well if you have high stamina regeneration and skill points.

Quen is really helpful when you're outnumbered though, as you can get surrounded easily. If you're fighting one or two monsters just use Igni, there is usually plenty of room to dodge so no need for Quen.

Aard could be useful. If you got blue mutagen and any gear that increase sign intensity, you get an ability to knockout any humanoid creature and finish them all for good like killing harpy except nekkers and etc. If you are high lvl aard could be useful against lower lvl mob even you have not invest w/ this sign.

You can also instant kill a monster contract involving water hag, grave hag or any hag using Aard. Also works on Death March. Also Aard could stop arrows in the right time.

Totally agreed Quen is an essential signs. Igni is quite op if you invest w/ it and essential against regen monster. I rarely use Axii but useful against normal wraith mob and armored human. Yrrden 2nd tier useful fighting w/ boss due adds damage.

I never really bothered with Axii. I never felt like I needed it, there were no dialogues that I've ever encountered that were worth putting 3 skill points into Axii.

I barely use Aard and I only use Yrden for powerful wraiths. The only signs worth investing into is Quen and Igni imo. Igni melts about anything and Quen is pretty OP as well if you have high stamina regeneration and skill points.

Quen is really helpful when you're outnumbered though, as you can get surrounded easily. If you're fighting one or two monsters just use Igni, there is usually plenty of room to dodge so no need for Quen.

Axii in conversation nets 40exp every time you use it, man that's 10 trips to the brothel.

Anyways I for signs I like Yrden, the upgraded version lasts a really long time, knocks arrows, bolts, harpys, wyverns, basically any flying thing big or small out of the sky.
Plus it does enough damage to win most early fights by itself, sometimes I would drop both version of Yrden then lure some bandits over into my little trap, then roll myself a smoke and watch as my spell killed them all.
This is low level with hardly any bonus sign damage.

For my first play through, Axii for conversations, Quen for protection, went to full active Quen shield as an easy quick way to heal yourself.

The only signs I touched were Axii and Quen. I put three points into the first level of axii to unlock extra dialogue options for story purposes. Then I put three into the first level of Quen to make the shield last longer and three into the second level of Quen which creates a bubble shield that absorbs damage then transforms it into health for Geralt.

If you're playing on the two higher difficulty settings beyond "Story and Sword" (aka Normal), then Quen is probably going to be your bread and butter since you can't meditate to heal yourself completely. Also, at higher difficulties, one wrong, mistimed move is enough for a monster to either end you or bring down three quarters of your health bar. All of my other skills I put into the fast attack melee line, the first level of strong attack, and some other melee skills with two points into general skills that increases vitality by 500 and another that increases my critical hit chance by 5% with every light armor piece I have equipped.

Top Bottom