Witcher 3 and Permadeath

+
I don't know how you are playing.
Most peoples deaths happen during battles in this game, NOT because they fall. I only died a couple of times because of fall damage only because I was inpatient.

Here is a solution - stop rushing and be more careful with your surroundings.
And here is another bonus solution....don't play on permadeath! and don't argue against it if sadomasochists like me yearn for it.

It really depends on the environment. Like hell fighting wraiths w/ a room of poison cloud, a treasure near the water thinking there are no monster then suddenly drowners would swarm in and fighting humans w/ no room to dodge.

Some of the environment and design in the game is deadly.

It really depends on the environment. Like hell fighting wraiths w/ a room of poison cloud, a treasure near the water thinking there are no monster then suddenly drowners would swarm in and fighting humans w/ no room to dodge.

Some of the environment and design in the game is deadly.

Again....most deaths, and by most I mean close to 99% will NOT be freak accidents.

I would never touch a perma death mode but so long as there's nothing exclusive to it I don't see why not.

Have fun losing save games to wraiths.

I twittered Marcin Momot about this question a few days ago but I haven't had a reply. Don't know who really to ask.

The more I play the more I realize before a full perma-death can be realized the AI needs to improve alot. There isn't any variation in enemys attacks. They don't really respond to what you do. You see a certain enemy/s and automatically know exactly what to do to defeat them. These things are fine for a easy/medium/hard mode but Death March should just be brutal and unforgiving. Enemies should adapt to the armour you are wearing, the moves you are using both individually and part of a team. For example if you are contantly using igni against humans they should stop staying so close together.

Even if there was a perma death mode it wouldn't change much. It would be you playing for a while until a BS death.
I'm actually more intrested in the NPC's being very smart. This would be more exicting than just adding in perma-death. Enemies that constantly adapt to your playstyle and tactics. If they can add more depth into the AI in this way than I would love perma-death.

So hopefully AI is on their top priorities after debugging some of the bugs.

Imo permadeath is overkill for a lengthy game, people can use savescum eventually.

---------- Updated at 10:50 AM ----------

I twittered Marcin Momot about this question a few days ago but I haven't had a reply. Don't know who really to ask.

The more I play the more I realize before a full perma-death can be realized the AI needs to improve alot. There isn't any variation in enemys attacks. They don't really respond to what you do. You see a certain enemy/s and automatically know exactly what to do to defeat them. These things are fine for a easy/medium/hard mode but Death March should just be brutal and unforgiving. Enemies should adapt to the armour you are wearing, the moves you are using both individually and part of a team. For example if you are contantly using igni against humans they should stop staying so close together.

Even if there was a perma death mode it wouldn't change much. It would be you playing for a while until a BS death.
I'm actually more intrested in the NPC's being very smart. This would be more exicting than just adding in perma-death. Enemies that constantly adapt to your playstyle and tactics. If they can add more depth into the AI in this way than I would love perma-death.

So hopefully AI is on their top priorities after debugging some of the bugs.

Agree, with permadeath, just making enemies do more damage and add more hp is ridiculous, they should improve AI to perfection but with more forgiving damage dealt by the enemy, that'd make it more fun. Enemy damage in death march is already too much, I think if permadeath mode uses enemies with insane damage, it'll feel frustrating than challenging.

In a game this long, I think permadeath would simply be a waste. Probably an option only 10% of people would try and only 1% would enjoy. The game is far too long for that to be enjoyable after 10 hours. However, as an option, it's always welcome.

The idea of a 'Dark Souls' style of punishment for dying (which increases that real feeling of 'I want to stay alive') sounds fantastic to me, and every way I can think of recreating it goes the same path: instead of keeping saves to points in the past where you return after dying (in the same conditions you were), the game creates checkpoints of locations and missions completed, where you return when you die but after a penalty (you lose money, potions, equipment, whatever).

Also, once that is implemented, permadeath is just an option for the player: you choose if you want a checkpoint in the last village visited, after the last mission, when you arrive to a new city, or just never. Your choice. Also the game needs to auto-save everytime you exit.

I would really love playing something like that. But even after playing hundreds of hours of every Dark Souls game, I would avoid permadeath in TW3 after the first 10 hours. Not going to waste a huge amount of gameplay for a potential small mistake (or a big one, I don't care).

Top Bottom