[PC] Cutscene FPS drop

+

Guest 3819801

me3850, tested that for you. Forced physx to use gtx 680.
When in menu/pre-rendered cutscenes physx indicator shows CPU. But when in game physx shows GPU.

nice why i have only cpu on both game or menu -.-"

thx all for try...i think need another topic for this issue...

Troll calls me troll...
Video doesn't stop on opening cinematics... It also captures first cutscene after I press new game. So you not only didn't read previous pages but also didn't watch video.

https://youtu.be/JV5LfrSSeW4?t=200

If you watch it till the end you will notice that it begins loading something only on half the way of cinematics and it reads from HDD with very low speeds. 0.5mb/s average.

So please go report yourself for misleading people.

That video that you linked. That cutscene iam also experiencing lag with. Its a widespread problem.

Please, in the future, try not to respond to PrincessMassacre. The attitude that you're receiving from that guy is no different than what i myself experienced the other day. I reported him for essentially telling me to go hang myself. Dude is pure toxic and is in no way trying to help you, regardless of how much he attempts to dress it up as such, after the fact.

Also, there is no point in even providing evidence as this is the same person who cannot differentiate between the LOD of a character model and the character model itself.

Check it out:

Princess Butthurt said:
NPC pop-in will be addressed. it's an LOD issue.

Myself said:
Its a Level of Detail issue? How so?

From my understanding the Level of Detail has absolutely no bearing on whether a character model is rendered. The Level of Detail pertains to the textures that are applied to said model.

If you have any links to any official mention of that, that'd be great.

Princess Butthurt said:
i won't answer that question.

(source: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/45018-Shelving-the-Witcher-3-Until-Further-Notice)

EDIT:

PS- Called me a troll too. Dudes projecting onto people.

Last edited:
Thank you rscarrab.

Yes I also saw him trolling in some other threads and not trying to help at all. The only thing he purchased was to loose the focus of this thread : Cutscene FPS drop.

Last edited:
I reported him for essentially telling me to go hang myself.

right, and everyone believes you.. roflmao... this is an epic troll if i've ever seen one.

just out of curiousity, are these all clone accounts, or your roommates?

this thread needs a lock+delete, unfortunately, nobody works at CDPR.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...rther-Notice?p=1740518&viewfull=1#post1740518

you mean that? calling your bullshit... (post a stupid thread, get a stupid answer).

Last edited:
Enough with the personal innuendos and get back on topic .....please .

I don't know if you have any relation with the CDPR team, but if it's the case, do you know why they absolutely don't want acknowledge this issue? Like many there I really don't understand their statement.

Thanks.

I know they read the forums. But they very seldom respond in any threads . Probably for good reason because if they respond to one thread then people would expect them to respond to every thread .

I understand what you mean, but what I don't understand is why they deny when people take the time to do a report for their tech support.

It's frustrating and we just have the feeling to be spoiled after buying a no working product

Good news, got the below this afternoon. Hopefully they will find the problem now and implement a fix.

"Please send me your nvidia report: nvidia control panel -> help -> system information -> 'save'
We'll investigate your issue with the dev team."

Good news, got the below this afternoon. Hopefully they will find the problem now and implement a fix.

"Please send me your nvidia report: nvidia control panel -> help -> system information -> 'save'
We'll investigate your issue with the dev team."

so we will not have a fix in the next patch...

Wow so they looking into it at least. Dont really want to progress in case I get anymore CGI or Comic bits in the story :/

It's fixed!!!! Finally I can see the intro without the stutter! And the main menu is sorted out now. THANK YOU CDPR

Not for me....Now Fps in cinematics are locked at 32 with more less stuttering, but always present...what are your settings?Have you made some changing in ini files?

In usersettings.ini, set :
MovieFramerate=60

In visuals.ini, set :
MovieFramerate=60.0
MovieUbersampling=false

Besides that, I have the latest updated drivers for my 970gtx

Patch 1.05 didn't fix anything for me on my GTX 670. Menu and comic-book cinematic run perfectly, but opening cinematic with Yennefer still stuck at glorious 28 fps with lots of stutter. This is with MovieFramerate set to 60 and MovieUbersamping also set to false in settings files.

Top Bottom