CDPR trust poll - do you believe we'll have the patch today?

+

CDPR trust poll - do you believe we'll have the patch today?

• I believe CDPR. And I don't want to accuse ANYone of lying or Sard will ban the hell out of me.

Votes: 79 19.3%
  • Starting to have my doubts about it :(

Votes: 295 72.0%
  • I love it when Sard edits polls. His well known hatred of free speech is a modern dialectic miracle.

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Is that..is that a Pony I see?

Votes: 23 5.6%

• Total voters
They claimed that they were going to work through the long weekend if necessary. To be frank, and a little blunt, I expect them to do so, but I don't have much faith. There are two bugs I want fixed, one of them has not even been officially acknowledged, and won't be fixed, ever. Great prospects.

guys, before you shout "omg he murdered my goat!"

you should consider this:

DICE took a 6 month hiatus (3 months extended holiday) after release date, then graciously decided to release a patch for BF:BC2 which fixed absolutely nothing that players were complaining about. then they never released a patch again.

edit: ah yes, and then i got PB banned for aimbotting because of a false positive. actually huge shitstorm about PB reading strings right from your memory, lmfao... that was kinda funny... so people went around on servers spamming 'enemy aiming at', which was read from your memory, and determined to be an aimbot. entire servers got banned... hahaha... hilarity ensued. (took 6 months for a response to get unbanned hehe).

now THAT is what you call fail... so please... consider that...

Last edited:
guys, before you shout "omg he murdered my goat!"

you should consider this:

DICE took a 6 month hiatus (3 months extended holiday) after release date, then graciously decided to release a patch for BF:BC2 which fixed absolutely nothing that players were complaining about. then they never released a patch again.

Yeah, but that's DICE. I was under the impression that CDPR hold themselves to a higher standard.

I'm curious about how the community feels about this patch/no patch situation. Do you believe CDPR, when they say the patch will be out today for PC?

Wut? are you freaking serious? A trust poll? REALLY?

Get a life princess.

I might be disappointed with some of current problems in the game but i do not berate them for it. CDPR is a recognized game developer, they made the game with all those years of effort put in. I do not see how they would not care to fix the problems, if they need time to do this I SAY GIVE IT TO THEM. They have 3 platforms to work with and they are not robots, they are bound to come across issues and not every problem can be fixed overnight. The developers are also human beings remember? The fact that i even need to mention such common knowledge is outrageous.

I won't deny the fact that feedback/complains is always important, it helps developers find out the flaws and deal with them. It also shows how much the community cares about the work they made. I want to believe that this topic was made because you really care about the game but after seeing all your ridiculous post, i think its starting to have the opposite effect.

Anyway i'm not surprise they are taking careful measures in releasing new information whether its through twitter or any kind of media. What they say can always bite them back in the arse because the internet is always filled with ignorant fools who acts like little princesses and have the patience level of a 5 yr old.

End of the day, you still have to wait for the patch. So calm the fart down and for you sake... kill that paranoia already.

Today is a most solemn Catholic holiday in Poland. I don't expect CDPR to work on the game today. Neither should you, lest you burn in hell for all eternity.

they should have just released the XP bug fix.. ugh..
and screw religious holiday, that is something to be kept at home. If they want to focus on something made up - focus on what i paid for. Their sin is not keeping anyone updated. First it was Monday.. then it was Tuesday or Wednesday then... ???

But they're working on the patch, isn't that action enough?

Lets see.

23-05-2015 I reported my first thread about the issue:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ed-got-no-XP-reward-PS4?p=1692215#post1692215

That is 4 days after release. Not much response

25-05-2015 I reported my second thread about the issue:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ot-rewarding-any-XP-PS4?p=1698300#post1698300

No one responded. I also submitted a support ticket regarding the issue and have also sent in my savegames, no reply yet.

23-05-2015 I eventually found this post
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-impossible-to-play-gt-cdprojekt-please-reply
Which turned into a 17 pages long thread.

Where @Ilozen the 27-05-2015 said : We have found the issue and started working on a fix. We're especially sorry about this bug!
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...please-reply?p=1709208&viewfull=1#post1709208

Then 29-05-2015 @Marcin started the Addressing the no XP glitch thread:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/42937-Addressing-the-no-XP-Glitch

Where he impressivly manages to state "it doesn't impact the game balance in any significant way" but 64 pages of replies seems to indicate that that just "might" be a fallacy

Yet he once again downplays the issue and states: "bug doesn't cause too much experience loss in the long run so please enjoy the game during the weekend" http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...no-XP-Glitch?p=1719448&viewfull=1#post1719448

Then we have the infamous now deleted tweet from before the last weekend @Marcin made:

They then decide to delay the whole hotfix and bundle it up with patch 1.05 and state: "We were perplexing to recover a hotfix on Monday yet given a 1.05 on PC is entrance right after that, we competence only recover 1.05 and embody a XP repair in there as well. That will occur many expected Tuesday/Wednesday" http://kalen2utech.com/the-witcher-...-one-patch-1-04-coming-soon-details-revealed/

Which brings us to today 04-06-2015 where Poland is currently enjoying a long weekend due to holidays and the "around the corner" is stretching further and further.

Now I was stupid enough to buy this game for PS4 which means that a patch for this issue is even further away and I do not have the option to fix the issue with mods as the PC community have. So come saturday I have already had 2 weeks without a fix from a issue reported 4 days after release. Which in all probability will extend to at least another week or two before it arrives on console.

Even though I was quite adamant and hopeful that the issue would be resolved quickly as seen in my first posts I really don't see how anybody can downplay or trivialize the disasterous handling of a issue that might end up taking 4 weeks to fix.

So yeah sorry but the fact that they are working on the patch is not remotely action enough and excuse me for not clapping my hands and praising CDPR for their amazing handling of the issue.

Attachments

• XP-Hotfix.jpg
    XP-Hotfix.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 48
Just after they release patch 1.05 next monday everyone here don't forget to say thanks to them for such care and "hard" work ok.

I'm actually prepared to forget about the game for a bit since Arkham Knight isn't too far away, by the time I've completed that, the patch will probably be released.

Marcin already said that it wasn't built as a hotfix, it was fully integrated into the 1.05 patch and to split it out would be a very large amount of work.

From my experience with patching code (admittedly just business software) it's likely to be true, the fix was probably made by a single developer in his local environment, it was then committed to their main code line when the decision to release it all together was made, meaning there likely isn't a way to just get that fix now.

That's life folks, we will get it when it's ready

They did the exact opposite, my friend. They think the no exp bug is insignificant and easy to implement and because of that they decided to not hotfix the bug and ship it with 1.05.

You really are retarded, aren't you?
Don't get a joke/sarcasm, but choosing to flame someone because you don't get it :facepalm:
one of them has not even been officially acknowledged, and won't be fixed, ever
NPC pop-in? Hopefully they figure out what is causing it and the programmers can replicate it/notice it. not to mention the face detail of some character just far enough away goes away :(

Don't get a joke/sarcasm, but choosing to flame someone because you don't get it :facepalm:

NPC pop-in? Hopefully they figure out what is causing it and the programmers can replicate it/notice it. not to mention the face detail of some character just far enough away goes away :(

I get a feeling the pop-in issue won't be addressed for awhile. I think their more focused on just fixing the game breaking issues for now and will tackle the immersion issues later.

They did the exact opposite, my friend. They think the no exp bug is insignificant and easy to implement and because of that they decided to not hotfix the bug and ship it with 1.05.

I will respectively disagree. Marcin has stated already that since the 1.05 patch was almost done they made the decision to build it into said patch. They never said it was insignificant they said you could still finish the game. Anything else outside of what is on record is extrapolating and theory.

Today is a most solemn Catholic holiday in Poland. I don't expect CDPR to work on the game today. Neither should you, lest you burn in hell for all eternity.

There is no such thing as a God, or Heaven or Hell or spirits...

Nothing. Period.

Just the physical universe.

Leave the ridiculous, religious, superstitions in the past where they belong.

Please.

Can't you see that it effects your ability think clearly?

---------- Updated at 04:14 PM ----------

they should have just released the XP bug fix.. ugh..
and screw religious holiday, that is something to be kept at home. If they want to focus on something made up - focus on what i paid for. Their sin is not keeping anyone updated. First it was Monday.. then it was Tuesday or Wednesday then... ???

Ah, here's a clear thinker!

Congrats, on your evolution Zurv! :cheers:

There is no such thing as a God, or Heaven or Hell or spirits...

Nothing. Period.

Just the physical universe.

Leave the ridiculous, religious, superstitions in the past where they belong.

Please.

Can't you see that it effects your ability think clearly?

---------- Updated at 04:14 PM ----------

Ah, here's a clear thinker!

Congrats, on your evolution Zurv! :cheers:

Good to know you know this for sure and you have documented proof (as in you have died and been brought back) to confirm so. Otherwise you'd just be a simplistic thinking human who feels they can know everything because they actually think they are some highly "evolved" and intelligent species.

"but but, evolution!"

Yeah, let's worship a theory that can't truly be proven the way atheists think it can and we'll ignore all the holes the theory has which are about as much as the holes creationism has. I really like when supposed "facts" about evolution are proven to be wrong years later. It has happened many times over the last couple decades but naturally those atheists ignore that. The point is that things that were deemed to be fact were shown to not be fact so logically one can then wonder what else that is said to be fact is in fact not fact.

I'm also tired of how people act like those in science are infallible and don't have their own agendas and confirmation bias. If someone is an atheist and their job is to deal with things like biology and evolution and trying to find out the history of life then of course they are going to push their belief system and look to confirm it.

Note that I am not religious and am an agnostic since logically, I have no idea if there is a god or not. Nor do I care if there is or isn't a god but I will say I lean towards there not being one. Still, I can't stand when atheists act like they know without a doubt there is no such thing as a god. Reeks of arrogance and IMO stupidity which amusingly enough is what atheists think they aren't being by not believing in a god.

And screw anyone who may act like people of faith who may work for a game company should be at your beck and call and mock them for their beliefs.

Now as for this patch jazz and this topic and people whining...give it a rest. Do people actually think CDPR is not wanting this to be fixed? Do people think they are sitting there and saying "hey let's delay this" and that they are happy it didn't get out when they were expecting it to?

The stupidity of the human species really does know no bounds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom