Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure someone on their development team noticed the sparse attention given to Triss and how inconsistent it was in her perennial image in all things Witcher related. The question is what was the response on teams part. I don't think they were entirely dismissive and overconfident in the work the produced for other facets of the game to toss Triss aside as an inconsequential secondary character. I think the stuff they produced for her in-game is proof that they attempted to give her some decent material. However, the impression remains one of afterthought rather than forefront due to pacing issues with the material already given and how insignificant it appears in light of Yen content.

This could have been remedied by giving Triss one more scene at the end before the battle or even after. The latter would have allowed for all the events to play out as they did in the current in-game narrative. It would have shown gamers who choose Triss that their choice was recognized more so than how it is now in the current product. In terms of additional content, they could have interjected some intimate moments between her and Geralt at other times that seemed appropriate, I am sure it would have alleviated the empty feeling most people have already stated.

Well I guess the most logical explanation as a lot of people suggested here before, is that they simply added the possibility to romance Triss after, and that wasn't planned at the beginning. That's why she has almost no line after the end of her quests, because in the early stages of the game, she wasn't simply a possibility of romance "until the end". They just added that somewhere before the release, and added new tweaks like the earrings, but this is not enough...

I'm not sure if that's the case. In the traillers we saw lots of scenes with Triss. But most of them didn't make it to the final version.

I think it was like happened with Skyrim. The civil war questline was suposed to be longer, but a bunch of content was cut off due to deadlines. Modders found lots of unused content regarding said quests in the gamefiles.

Maybe the voice-acting and dialogues with Triss are still present in the gamefiles, and are just unused due to time constraints? Or at least they were recorded and are somewhere in CDPR's computers? Some questlines by the end do seem a bit rushed...

One can dream!

I just wish some RED appeared to talk with us in this thread. We loved the game! We just want a nice closure for Triss, since this is the last story of Geralt. Talk with us, we promise to be nice!

Last edited:
I really hope they'll do a citadel-like-DLC but by far easier to fix (as far as I know) would be to add some obligatory explanations for the inconsistencies, and the ability for Geralt to deny involvement with Yen.

Then the commentary of the world to stop acting as if you are going for Yen, and maybe spawning Triss into Kaer Morhen with 2-3 sentences about the Djinn Wish have been broken.

(thou maybe because of U.M.A quest which she is not present in is the reason why they didn't spawn her there to begin with and adding her now would require maybe too much work - Oh... if only the plan to include Triss into the main-story was taken more seriously)

Anyway, only then comes a full fledged DLC - in terms of man-hours and planning (again as far as I know) - it won't solve this nagging feeling across the main story line - but maybe the game is already "baked" and reversing it would be catastrophic.

Agreed. This is why I am being open-minded about any solutions CDPR intend in correcting the Triss issue. The narrative inconsistencies with Triss may be unalterable outside of a re-release of the game. The best thing DLC could do is add interactions outside of the main story arch, where Triss is sorely lacking expression and personality. Any additional content is fine by me because at least it will make her disappearance in the second half of the main story arch more palpable.

I just wish some RED appeared to talk with us in this thread. We loved the game! We just want a nice closure for Triss, since this is the last story of Geralt. Talk with us, we promise to be nice!
I'm sure they will. Just look at views and replies :D We are first and they must notice that :cheers:

This could have been remedied by giving Triss one more scene at the end before the battle or even after. The latter would have allowed for all the events to play out as they did in the current in-game narrative. It would have shown gamers who choose Triss that their choice was recognized more so than how it is now in the current product. In terms of additional content, they could have interjected some intimate moments between her and Geralt at other times that seemed appropriate, I am sure it would have alleviated the empty feeling most people have already stated.
I agree with this, if they have given us at least one more meaningful scene with Triss before the final battle, the whole general impression of her romance would have been much better. It still wouldn't be perfect as there are many missed opportunities throughout the game (the whole Kaer Morhen section), but I think a lot of people would feel more satisfied. And these things wouldn't even require them to change the storyline trying to squeeze Triss in it more(even though I would like that), I'm kind of OK with it revolving heavily around Ciri, it would just be much better if they implemented more Triss interactions here and there. Also if they decide to add something like this later on, it still wouldn't affect the integrity of the main storyline, because I don't really think it's realistic to expect them to dramatically change that just to please us.

and I'll bet my pants that the little scene with the kiss and the look Triss gave them + the "I know that look" sentence will be there even if you go for Yen

Yes the scene is exactly the same , the only difference is that if you are with Triss, Geralt looks back at her with a guilty expression
and if you chose Yennfer, Geralt keeps staring at her. And yes there is a lot of missing content that can be added. :(

The frustration is palpable in this thread, and I love it! I have faith someone in CDPR will notice and take to heart the criticisms because they are pretty valid and consistent with addressing a fault in their product.

Thanks for your post,
intelligently put opinions like yours can help our cause a lot

Actually. Triss DOES WORRY about Geralt:

My bad,
I sincerely apologise

Never should of doubted Triss :)

Attachments

• hxylbn8l.jpg
    hxylbn8l.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Exactly! We can't expect them to alter or include loads of content because it is unrealistic. Some small touches, if done correctly, is all that is needed to give a more satisfying close on the Geralt/Triss relationship. I have faith that CDPR can do a lot with very little effort because they have executed on numerous occasions. It is a matter of how much they are willing and able to put into the effort. Any major changes to main story development and pacing I don't see happening outside of a re-relase of the game as a Enhanced Edition, as other posters and myself have said previously. I also love the inclusion and focus on Ciri because she is at the root of the main conflicts and a bundle of interesting story points in her own right.

I've been reading tons of post on this subject before and after i've been taking part by giving my opinion and just realized this: Basically, this is a Triss fan topic, so of course most here wants to have more interaction with Triss. But, it seems to me that's not really it in the end, it's not that most want more interactions with her but more romance with her ...

I think the game tends towards Geralt having indeed some closure with Triss, and that the real issue is not that Triss does not get as much content as Yennefer, but that the possibility of romancing her should not have been implemented at all. She would have been here in order to allow players to simply turn the page, just as geralt was supposed to and move on (or at least thats how it feels in my playthrough), and the farewells on the pier would have make for a really good ending to their relation in my opinion, leaving Geralt only guessing what she would do now in her life ... And moving on with his own ! I mean, Triss AND Yennefer ? Come on, it's like having a harem of Succubus, you would die in a few minutes out of exhaustion ... ! Ahem ... anyways !

I'll hold my ground and keep to my vote, which is against more Triss. Yet if they do add more of her then it's okay, because she played an important role and i will never tire of having her as a companion for some quests or dialogues. But i do think that they did wrong by allowing players to romance her, because this made players feels like they have been wronged now that they see it was not designed to be the deepest / consistent romance choice ingame.

So, being able to romance Triss was a mistake in my opinion and it raised a polemic about it not having a real impact on the story, which is heavily discussed here. If it was not possible then, people would just need to deal with it ...Aaaaaaaand still they would ask the dev to be able to romance her for the third time ... You red head geeks ... Maybe some brawling with Skelligans will allow red Heads lover to blow off some steam ... hey ? Just like you-know-who says at some point ^^ !

I've been reading tons of post on this subject before and after i've been taking part by giving my opinion and just realized this: Basically, this is a Triss fan topic, so of course most here wants to have more interaction with Triss. But, it seems to me that's not really it in the end, it's not that most want more interactions with her but more romance with her ...

I think the game tends towards Geralt having indeed some closure with Triss, and that the real issue is not that Triss does not get as much content as Yennefer, but that the possibility of romancing her should not have been implemented at all. She would have been here in order to allow players to simply turn the page, just as geralt was supposed to and move on (or at least thats how it feels in my playthrough), and the farewells on the pier would have make for a really good ending to their relation in my opinion, leaving Geralt only guessing what she would do now in her life ... And moving on with his own ! I mean, Triss AND Yennefer ? Come on, it's like having a harem of Succubus, you would die in a few minutes out of exhaustion ... ! Ahem ... anyways !

I'll hold my ground and keep to my vote, which is against more Triss. Yet if they do add more of her then it's okay, because she played an important role and i will never tire of having her as a companion for some quests or dialogues. But i do think that they did wrong by allowing players to romance her, because this made players feels like they have been wronged now that they see it was not designed to be the deepest / consistent romance choice ingame.

So, being able to romance Triss was a mistake in my opinion and it raised a polemic about it not having a real impact on the story, which is heavily discussed here. If it was not possible then, people would just need to deal with it ...Aaaaaaaand still they would ask the dev to be able to romance her for the third time ... You red head geeks ... Maybe some brawling with Skelligans will allow red Heads lover to blow off some steam ... hey ? Just like you-know-who says at some point ^^ !

What's the point of romancing her in both first games if now the "right" choice would be Yennefer? This game is about decisions, isn't it? Your decisions matter even for the fate of Ciri and the rest of the world, why wouldn't they matter for Geralt's own future? We even had the chance to break the djinns' wish, so it's obvious they really meant to give us the choice as they should have.

Yes the scene is exactly the same , the only difference is that if you are with Triss, Geralt looks back at her with a guilty expression
and if you chose Yennfer, Geralt keeps staring at her. And yes there is a lot of missing content that can be added. :(

Thanks for your post,
intelligently put opinions like yours can help our cause a lot

My bad,
I sincerely apologise

Never should of doubted Triss :)

Oh no! No need to apologize here sir!

I just wanted to clarify that there could be way more interaction with the fact that Triss does care about him. Her look is fact enough and I was hoping so hard that when going to Triss and the others after talkin to everyone possible she would stand up and hug geralt and talk to him in some way.. :/

@keryyn Well, I disagree with you saying that it was a mistake to add the option of romancing Triss, and even if we look at it like a mistake, it's one CDPR made with the first Witcher game. They could have easily put Yennefer in it and completely ignore Triss, seeing the roles they have in books. But the thing is, they didn't, for whatever reason they decided to go with Triss, who has been a romantic choice for Geralt for both TW1 and TW2 and many people who played the games really liked her. It is cool they have decided to add Yen in the 3rd game, but for a large part of their fanbase which played both games but haven't read the books Triss is the character they like. The fair thing in my opinion would be to treat them both equally and let the player choose, seeing how games are not cannon and are based on player choice. Triss has been a very important character in both games and there is no reason to sideline her completely just so they can appease the book fans, who lets be realistic are in the minority. So having a lot of Yen is cool, it's just wrong to exclude Triss completely when they have already developed her character very well through both games.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club for newcomers! ^^

I just wanted to clarify that there could be way more interaction with the fact that Triss does care about him. Her look is fact enough and I was hoping so hard that when going to Triss and the others after talkin to everyone possible she would stand up and hug geralt and talk to him in some way.. :/

I would have liked to see Geralt to collapse for once after the death of Vesemir. We have already seen in the state it was when it believes that Ciri is dead. But I wish that we are witnessing an intense moment of emotion at Kaer Morhen after the battle.

For example, after everyone is gone and before the scene with Ciri (the snowball battle), Triss would returned to Kaer Morhen pretext to get her earrings (since we can fall on it as the item of quest, in Kaer Morhen) but in truth, she would have known it was too much for Geralt, even if he does everything to remain unmoved.
She would go to him and there, she would have seen Geralt, blank expression, perhaps even at the edges of tears, who knows? And she would go talk to him. Here we have really felt the importance of our choices with Triss, just with a scene like this. In addition, it would have shown that Geralt is still human despite its genetic modifications and the number of people he has left in its wake. This would have been one more step for Triss after the "I love you" in Novigrad, to his heart. We could even have a second sex scene, because in this world, human warmth is the best medicine especially after the cold wave of the wild hunt. ^^

It would be perfectly suited to the next scene with Ciri and the Battle of snowballs :

Ciri "Tell me... How do you do it ?"
Geralt "What ?"
Ciri "Always manage to pull yourself together, focus, no matter what's happening ?"
Geralt "Sometimes, you know, I have no strength left to fight. I even often wondered if my choices were good (Reference to the player). It took me years and years to find my anchor in this world (Reference to Triss). But before that. Hmm, there was a certain old method. Vesemir Taught it to me, and Barmin Taught it to him."
Just a scene like this would already have convinced me in my choice for Triss. :D But... -_-

Last edited:
What's the point of romancing her in both first games if now the "right" choice would be Yennefer? This game is about decisions, isn't it? Your decisions matter even for the fate of Ciri and the rest of the world, why wouldn't they matter for Geralt's own future? We even had the chance to break the djinns' wish, so it's obvious they really meant to give us the choice as they should have.

Sadly its kinda a "fake" decision. The game still pushes you to Yen and most of the NPC do aswell. And yes, cutting Triss in favour for Yen would be just completely wrong. She was present since the very first game and needs a fair ending.

Btw the whole thing reminded me of Star Wars Knights of the old Republic. You could play a dark sided charakter but you never will be a true Sith, just staying a Jedi. Same feeling with Triss and Yeneffer. Just strange.

i was just kidding :) yea they really could of expand on their relationship in this scene

nice screenshot though

...So, being able to romance Triss was a mistake in my opinion and it raised a polemic about it not having a real impact on the story, which is heavily discussed here. If it was not possible then, people would just need to deal with it ...Aaaaaaaand still they would ask the dev to be able to romance her for the third time ... You red head geeks ... Maybe some brawling with Skelligans will allow red Heads lover to blow off some steam ... hey ? Just like you-know-who says at some point ^^ !

While you're making a legit point and this could have arguable been a decision they could have made - they didn't. If they hadn't give us the option of romancing her this game and had opted for a more linear experience, what exactly was the point of the last two games? That would've basically meant they reset all characters back to what they are in the books. Triss is one of the few characters that actually has a decent amount of character development, they shouldn't (can't) just throw that away - the same could be said for Geralt. Luckily however, they chose to make Triss a romance options. What they have to do now is really simple: make it work and make it a satisfying experience. If they can't do that, they failed in writing/designing this part of the game. Simple as that.

The whole Triss experience in Witcher 3 ruined the game for me. Triss is my girl and I find Yennifer's personality extremely toxic. I'm not even starting the game back up for a second play through until its properly addressed. Witcher 3 feels broken and incomplete.

As i "said", you take for granted the fact that you can romance her, meaning that if it was not the case, there would be around 1900 meaningless forum posts ... The game introduce Yennefer as an active character in the story and a romanceable character, if so, then why would Triss stand in the way ? When you think about how the game is wrapped around the story or the story wrapped around the game, dunno if i'm really clear about that, not english myself, then it's completely fair that Yennefer gets more attention.

As some already said too, there's bound to be additional content, and i remember the incoming DLC Blood and Wine stated you would meet new and dearly missed friends ... So, sure they did not put as much effort in Triss than in Yennefer, but i still don't think this an issue, because if i didn't know i could romance her, i would not have enjoyed the game differently since this was not a choice that mattered to me. A lot more interested in the choices regarding the fate of Ciri actually ... Have i been given the choice to romance Keira or Philippa ? The game does not reflect a hundred percent the story so, if you talk about choices, why not those ladies as well ?

Characters are given importance depending on their role in the story, Triss does not have a significant role in the story, hence she is not given as much consistency as Yennefer, which i believe is fair in a game that show a very high quality story.

Very interesting topic, many have quite good arguments to support every case here, i wonder if it will indeed have any impact on the game possible evolutions ...

Agreed. I think this is the central issue with implementing Triss as a romance option from the start. The course CDPR initially steered was one where she was not a romance option and was made into one late in the stages of development, hence the disappointment in her minuscule interactions. There was clear back peddling because the story was intended to be more linear when it came to romances, but they foresaw some backlash.

Personally, I am a Witcher fan and don't have a particular affinity for Triss over Yen or any other character. As a fan of the universe CDPR crafted (no comment on the books here), the relationship between Triss and Geralt was mishandled even if no romance option was undertaken by the player. She simply is inconsistent with the characterization she was given in the previous games and even in the books. She calls Ciri "little sister" but no investment is provided in what this relationship means. Wild Hunt should not be exclusively about character relationships as there are greater dramas to deal with, BUT the personal dramas have always been at the core of the series. The personal dramas are what have endeared players like myself to the series as examples of good storytelling in games and Wild Hunt provides this with ample examples in every regard, EXCEPT Triss' engagement. As I see it, there are two general complaints among all members: 1) the Triss romance was inadequate as a romance option. Period. 2) Triss was not consistent in her character in this game in interaction (or lack there of) with the cast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom