New Game+ is coming it seems

+
This would be great to have. Would go a ways towards bypassing the irritation of level requirements for weapons and armour.

I don't see the necessity of this pointless mode.
There are other priorities, like improvements in enemy AI.

Well, we don't know if they've already implemented the scaling system in the code, do we? I'm gonna look around for info. Let's hope that they have. New game plus would be an amazing way to try different choices, in my opinion. I finished the game with almost every quest done and maybe five or six contracts left and I was about level 40. I barely got to touch the tech tree. Imagine being able to try a section over with a different build, but being able to swap to another right after.

But I agree that I'd like AI improvements. Problem is, let's say they're smarter. What would a smart enemy do in a fight that only requires rolling/dodging? I think real interesting mechanics could have made this game's combat stellar. Changes to existing fights just aren't likely to happen. Maybe expansion stuff?

New game plus should come with harder enemies by adjustig their AI, giving the new tricks and also some new armours for us.

Devil May Cry is a good example of this, in harder difficulties monsters get a new attack, get more aggressive and enter a "rage mode" once n a while that makes them immune to stagger.

IMO there is no point in NG+ if they just add +HP and +DMG.

The only games I care about NG+ in are those with multiple branching plots that also add new content for subsequent playthroughs. Those are mostly JRPGs which also tend to have a lot of grind which makes keeping your shit when you start over even more attractive.

Tuco

Forum veteran
I don't get it. What's new game+

Is it just a PC thing? I'm on PS4.
Quite the opposite, it's typically more common on consoles and it's... most of the times a quite uninspired and dull way to extend a game's life.
The general idea is "You can play the whole game once again, but keeping all the improvements you obtained so far and all the enemies start at far higher level, so you can grind even more levels yourself!".
It's usually a very bland designed mechanic based on skinner boxes.

Can't think of many games that improved played in that form. And yes, before someone else ask again ,as in a previous thread, I did play and finish dark Souls with it. I don't think that was an improvement, either.

Last edited:
IMO there is no point in NG+ if they just add +HP and +DMG.

Exactly, It's been done on the 2 higher difficulties, adding more enemy HP will make Geralt's attacks feel weak. Making enemies more aggressive, have more moves, improved AI, should be the only way to go. Combat should be challenging, not frustrating.

Imo for NG+ to work they should rework the quen sign first.Some detoctions are pretty strong but you cant have more than 1 unless you go alchemy so whatever.They should make it so it matters if it has intensity.Right now even if you have minimum or no intensity it blocks all damage no matter what and it breaks.So you can basically run around and recast it to be safe knowing it will absorb 1 full blow.They should change it to block only the damage it shows at stat screen and letting the remaining damage pass to you.Doing this will make it more challenging and force us to be more carefull even with quen sign on.If they dont change it this way I think the NG+ mode will be without reason.

Quite the opposite, it's typically more common on consoles and it's... most of the times a quite uninspired and dull way to extend a game's life.
The general idea is "You can play the whole game once again, but keeping all the improvements you obtained so far and all the enemies start at far higher level, so you can grind even more levels yourself!".
It's usually a very bland designed mechanic based on skinner boxes.

Can't think of many games that improved played in that form. And yes, before someone else ask again ,as in a previous thread, I did play and finish dark Souls with it. I don't think that was an improvement, either.

Actually it's far more common in PC games because of the massive over abundance of dungeon crawling grindy-as-hell RPGs that use it (mostly to over inflate thier playtime even more than the grind does)

The best I've really seen it don't was in an Eroge actually. Yumina the Etherial. The game had NG+ and the 3 difficulties scaled enemies in order so you would start on normal then in NG+ go to hard then in NG++ go to very hard. The reason it was worth it was 2 fold because first it had a branching plot with 3 routes so you needed to play the game 3 times to see the whole story since the second 1/2 the game was completely different in each route. Second it had a large side-story that connected deeply to the plot that was split into 3 arcs with each arc only available while playing each different difficulty level. So playing the game 3 times with NG+ was not only different every time but pretty much required to see the whole story and made it as if it was just one longer game instead of replaying the same game 3 times

I really hope this is true, would definitely like to play new game plus mode.

---------- Updated at 09:21 PM ----------

Infact i am waiting for new game plus to play again.

I don't see the necessity of this pointless mode.
There are other priorities, like improvements in enemy AI.

It would hardly take any effort to add this mode. Simply, add a new option under the existing New Game menu, alter a few lines of code so that your stuff carries over and up the difficulty of the AI and health/ specs on the AI...and no, it's not pointless, it would be great if we can re-play through, refine our choices and focus on the gameplay, as opposed to re-farming out all of our gear repeatedly. I've already beat the story 3 times, now and the re-farming for gear is getting old. I just want to focus on the quests and story.

---------- Updated at 07:09 PM ----------

That's awesome! I sure hope it is done. I think that Dark Souls has made its point. New Game+ and bonfire aesetics is the foundation and entire point of their game. Each time you start an NG+ you keep your gear, but the game gets progressively harder. Less focus on grind, more focus on fun and challenges.

Last edited:
I really hope this is true, would definitely like to play new game plus mode.

---------- Updated at 09:21 PM ----------

Infact i am waiting for new game plus to play again.

I just started a new game a few days ago and I just entered Velen. Now I'm not sure if I should continue this game or wait to reload my older complete save if/when new game+ is released.

Not gonna use it anyway, because it's the most stupid way to ruin RPG experience
Agreed. I did NG+ on Dark Souls 1 and for part of a playthrough on DS2, but found it too boring and just started a new game. Enjoyed that a lot more.

No developer resources should ever be wasted on something like NG+

And before anyone talks of better difficulty and foes. That's exactly the resources I'm talking about. These things should be in the base game, not require you to beat the game to access, which incidentally was one of the reasons NG+ was so hated in DS2. Because the "real" game lay there.

Meh it's a game design decision just like most things here. Some like it some don't. I personally never bother with it unless significant enough changes are present, the game has large branching plots or something which make it worth it for me. If there isn't any significant difference other than scaled enemies with bloated stats I just won't bother using the option. The Devs can still add it for those who want it tho since it's optional it won't bother me either way.

Top Bottom