Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To make Triss the main romance option in the first 2 games was wrong in my opinion, not because i don't like Triss at all but because she was not the Geralt true love in the books and to continue a story without one of the main protagonists it feels wrong, of course they bring Yennefer in this last game but it was not enough to fix the mistake.After that they really continued with the mistakes by adding to the last game only poor Triss content, common after some people romance with her in 2 games and they don't want to hear about Yennefer at all now they got only a romance scene and maybe 2 or 3 quests with her. It would be fair for Triss fans to get the same content like Yennefer fans, 2 romance scenes like Yen have and everyone would be satisfied. So yea even if i am not a Triss fan i vote for a little more Triss content, this is only my opinion so don't get mad at me hehe.

Nobody is going to be mad at you, quite the opposite.
We respect your opinion and thank you for the support.
And maybe you are right and they shouldn't have made her main romance option in previous games, but they did.

All is said. If Yennefer fans themselves find that The Witcher 3 does not bring much content for Triss, is that there is really a problem in The Witcher 3!

I do not know what they are thinking at CD Projekt but none tester / developer find it weird ?? Unless of course, it was intentional ...
But now, fans of Triss not going to let it go! :laser:

Thank you for you support Anima38 :D

I've been reading tons of post on this subject before and after i've been taking part by giving my opinion and just realized this: Basically, this is a Triss fan topic, so of course most here wants to have more interaction with Triss. But, it seems to me that's not really it in the end, it's not that most want more interactions with her but more romance with her ...

I think the game tends towards Geralt having indeed some closure with Triss, and that the real issue is not that Triss does not get as much content as Yennefer, but that the possibility of romancing her should not have been implemented at all. She would have been here in order to allow players to simply turn the page, just as geralt was supposed to and move on (or at least thats how it feels in my playthrough), and the farewells on the pier would have make for a really good ending to their relation in my opinion, leaving Geralt only guessing what she would do now in her life ... And moving on with his own ! I mean, Triss AND Yennefer ? Come on, it's like having a harem of Succubus, you would die in a few minutes out of exhaustion ... ! Ahem ... anyways !

I'll hold my ground and keep to my vote, which is against more Triss. Yet if they do add more of her then it's okay, because she played an important role and i will never tire of having her as a companion for some quests or dialogues. But i do think that they did wrong by allowing players to romance her, because this made players feels like they have been wronged now that they see it was not designed to be the deepest / consistent romance choice ingame.

So, being able to romance Triss was a mistake in my opinion and it raised a polemic about it not having a real impact on the story, which is heavily discussed here. If it was not possible then, people would just need to deal with it ...Aaaaaaaand still they would ask the dev to be able to romance her for the third time ... You red head geeks ... Maybe some brawling with Skelligans will allow red Heads lover to blow off some steam ... hey ? Just like you-know-who says at some point ^^ !

I don't agree that removing choice would have been any kind of solution. Would have just left people even more incensed and even more filled with bile towards Yennefer. Personally i see zero reason the Triss couldn't have been implemented better and there be better reactivity. Suggesting her removal seems akin to suggesting it would be better if all choice was removed from all quests too, creating a completely linear experience.

To make Triss the main romance option in the first 2 games was wrong in my opinion, not because i don't like Triss at all but because she was not the Geralt true love in the books and to continue a story without one of the main protagonists it feels wrong, of course they bring Yennefer in this last game but it was not enough to fix the mistake.After that they really continued with the mistakes by adding to the last game only poor Triss content, common after some people romance with her in 2 games and they don't want to hear about Yennefer at all now they got only a romance scene and maybe 2 or 3 quests with her. It would be fair for Triss fans to get the same content like Yennefer fans, 2 romance scenes like Yen have and everyone would be satisfied. So yea even if i am not a Triss fan i vote for a little more Triss content, this is only my opinion so don't get mad at me hehe.

Agreed. Since they made the saga into a trilogy, the devs were stuck with producing too much personal content alongside two complicated plots. It was ambitious, and the results are spectacular given the time and resources, but the personal interactions visibly suffered as a result. I am not an ardent Triss fan myself, so you are safe with me lol. Your comments are appreciated all the same. Anything to keep the discussion flowing :cheers:

Last edited:
I just found it so jarring. Even in my first run through of the game I kept wondering "WHERE THE HELL is Triss Merigold and why can't I speak to her?" during the Second and Third Acts. You know, I'm not even mad that Yen gets two sex scenes and Triss only gets one. I'm fine with that. Yen is just that feisty. But the Triss content is so freaking front loaded that by the time you get to mid and late-game you're wondering why the hell she's even in the game anymore.

I'm not asking for a dating simulator here. I just want more character interaction with Triss. More side quests that involve her perhaps. Goodness knows Yen got enough of those. Although to be fair, TW 2 was pretty much Triss The Game. Then again, if I wanted to play The Witcher 2, I'd play The Witcher 2 again. So I don't know why people keep bringing up that as if it brings some equilibrium to anything. Oh well.

I'm not going to be terribly upset with CDPR if they don't end up delivering on more Triss bliss. This game was....transcendent to say the least. One of those few games that comes along once a generation that makes you get down on your knees and thank God that you got into interactive entertainment. So I am finding it really hard to become belligerent here. Honestly, I'll be more upset if they don't release a new game + or something. Because....I really, really want a New Game +. And after it was discovered it was mentioned in some .ini files earlier, I'm hopeful it will come to pass.

Here's a thought - If the Witcher 3 models were on Source Film Maker, it would be interesting to see some of these ideas for Geralt + Triss conversing made into reality. There's enough dialogue throughout the series to make something along the lines of what people are suggesting.

Hell it could even be done for Zoltan and Dandelion aswell.

^ YES on all accounts! Wild Hunt is outstanding. It deserves every bit of praise and support it's receiving right now, no doubt. It just doesn't rub long time fans of the game series right that Triss gets less development than Metz, Lambert, Zoltan, or Dandiellon. Hell, Djikstra and Philippa have more personality building material than Triss lol

For me the lack of Triss is simply the most extreme example of the decline in character interaction and general quality in Act 3. Building up to the climactic battle most everyone save Geralt and Ciri falls by the wayside. I know that Geralt and Ciri are the main characters but the Witcher series has always been based on it's strong characters and their friendship with each other. To cut down the personal interaction between Geralt and his loved ones, be it Triss or Yen or Zoltan or Dandelion seriously damages the narrative.

This game was supposed to be the final chapter in Geralts journey and was supposed to be deeply personal. However it rarely gets that personal. I wanted to get into Geralt's head to see what he thinks about his amnesia now that he has his memories back, to see how he views of his relationship with Yen and Triss. More downtime with his friends would have been welcome as they are generally the ones that pick his brains to draw out thoughts and opinions but we never have that many discussions with people like Zoltan and Dandelion. Never really get to sit down over a pint of ale and reminisce. There's a great piss up scene between Geralt, Lambert and Eskle and that's the exact kind of thing I'm talking about. We needed more of that and other simply social interaction. This was after all supposed to be a personal journey.

So yes. More Triss is needed but also more Zoltan, more Dandelion and even perhaps more Yen.

I just found it so jarring. Even in my first run through of the game I kept wondering "WHERE THE HELL is Triss Merigold and why can't I speak to her?" during the Second and Third Acts. You know, I'm not even mad that Yen gets two sex scenes and Triss only gets one. I'm fine with that. Yen is just that feisty. But the Triss content is so freaking front loaded that by the time you get to mid and late-game you're wondering why the hell she's even in the game anymore.

Yeah where's Triss? was my reaction and many others . There's been less fuss but i found absence of Letho/Kiera in the middle if invited bizarre too.
Kaer Morhen is to me just such a bizarre level. Making your quest choices drop off a cliff like that seemed utterly insane to me. They also went to the trouble of crafting unique scenes for those who romanced Yen(sweeter initial convo, love scene, a Yen based drinking scene for those Yen romancers who didn't want to sleep with her) and a modified set of encounters for those that ended the relationship. Yet despite there at times being multiple dialogue options present in the dumped variant, there was no opportunity for any reactivity to the Triss choice in sections where it would have been fitting. That's even before you analyse why Triss wasn't present in the first place. When you look at that they have both dumped Triss and romanced Triss return at Yen's invite(strangely even the codex ignores Geralt's invite) later. Once she's back they then force a passionate kiss onto romanced and non romanced characters. It seems simple to design something that's less of a mess that would have provided some reactivity and presence to all camps yet for some reason they didn't. Kaer Morhen is the only section of the game i'd give low marks.

Last act equally makes little sense. After dragging Triss back into story for all players they then seem to absent her for those who didn't romance her from the final act, which is probably why she's seen but barely heard by those who still have her present and would like a final few sentences or involvement.

I found that it wasn't just Triss' act 3 that was poor, but the entire act in general. Unfortunately it suffered from the same problem the previous game suffered, that the final act felt rushed and lacked the depth of the previous acts, both when it came to character development and interaction, as well as narrative development.

All is said. If Yennefer fans themselves find that The Witcher 3 does not bring much content for Triss, is that there is really a problem in The Witcher 3!

I do not know what they are thinking at CD Projekt but none tester / developer find it weird ?? Unless of course, it was intentional ...
But now, fans of Triss not going to let it go! :laser:

Thank you for you support Anima38 :D

I think everybody can benefit from a little moar dialog in Kaer Mohren between Triss, Yen, Ciri and Geralt . It's not only for Triss, even if she's the one who need it the most, this part of the game is overall akward and everybody can noticed that no matter the romance choice.
CD PROJEKT know about the flaws IMO that's why they reported the release of the game and did there best with the remaining time.
And they bring to us the best RPG ever.
But yes there's still missing and unpolish things in the game and we have to keep the fight to get it done because Triss and the romance in general need more attention

^ YES on all accounts! Wild Hunt is outstanding. It deserves every bit of praise and support it's receiving right now, no doubt. It just doesn't rub long time fans of the game series right that Triss gets less development than Metz, Lambert, Zoltan, or Dandiellon. Hell, Djikstra and Philippa have more personality building material than Triss lol

And there's good reason for all of those characters getting more development: They're better characters/they're more important to the overall story. And before anyone tells me that Triss was oh so important in the games I'd like to remind you that her importance is that of a roadblock. She keeps Geralt from fully recovering his memory and finding Yennefer as soon as possible and therefore starting his quest to find Ciri.

But this is also the essence of the problem in this thread. You guys want more Triss content at the expense of other content in the game. Instead of fleshing out different characters, instead of expanding the story in more meaningful ways, you guys wanted more dating simulation. Hell, I've even seen people say that there was too much Ciri, and that it should have been cut for more time with Triss. You guys want Triss DLC at the expense of other story expanding DLC. This is all despite the game having more than enough content for her character.

I mean this is starting to get pretty pathetic and depressing. It's pathetic because most of you are literally campaigning for a dating sim, even if you insist you're not. It's depressing because if it does work, which I highly doubt it will, CD Projekt Red becomes no different than Bioware. It becomes a company that tucks it's tail between it's legs and bows to a few weirdly obsessed fans. It's a company that instead of adding to the story, instead of making something different, decides that for money it will just add what a vocal minority want. That is not how you make art, that is only how you make profit.

From 'Lady of the Lake" :
Triss Merigold sighed unnoticed. Rather, she believed it had been unnoticed.“Please,” Yennefer looked at her. “What strange sounds float from your beauteous breast, Triss. Ciri, go out and see what lies ahead.”Triss averted her face, determined not to give Yennefer any excuse. She did not expect it to work. For a long time she had been sensing Yennefer’s anger and aggression growing stronger as they approached Rivia.“You, Triss,” Yennefer mischievously insisted, “do not blush, do not sigh, do not drool or wiggle around in your saddle. Or is it that you think because I agreed to your request that I want to have you with us? That I was interested in seeing you spend a meeting with an old love? Ciri, I asked you to go on ahead. The two of us need to talk!”“It is not a discussion, it is a lecture.” Ciri dared to argue, but under the threatening glare from violet eyes, she immediately recoiled, clucked and galloped off on Kelpie on the road ahead.“You’re not going to meet a loved one, Triss,” Yennefer continued. “I am not so noble or stupid enough to give you the opportunity, or him the temptation. But just for today. I could not deny myself the sweet satisfaction. He will know what role you play as a member of the Lodge. He will thank you for that with his famous look. And I’ll be looking at your quivering lips and trembling hands, I will listen to your lame apologies and excuses. And you know what, Triss? I will faint with delight.”“I knew,” Triss grunted. “That you would not forget, that you would take your revenge. I agreed to this, because I was actually at fault. But one thing I must tell you, Yennefer. Do not count too much on fainting. He knows how to forgive.”“He knows what was done to him, of course,” Yennefer narrowed her eyes. “But he will never forgive you for what was done to Ciri. And me.”“It is possible,” Triss swallowed. “He may not forgive. Especially if you insist. But he won’t fly into a rage. He won’t lower himself like that.”Yennefer flicked her horse with her whip in anger. The animal whinnied and leapt and the sorceress swayed in her saddle.“Enough talk,” she snapped. “More humility, you smug viper! He is my man, mine and only mine! Do you understand? You have to stop talking about him, to stop thinking about him, you have to stop admiring his noble character… As of right now, right now! Oh I want to grab you by your matted red hair…”“Try it!” Screamed Triss. “Just try it, you vindictive bitch and I’ll scratch out your eyes! I…”

Yeah,mature and rational adults :)

I wouldn't be so forgiving either after what Triss did, then going off to be tortured for several months.

I found that it wasn't just Triss' act 3 that was poor, but the entire act in general. Unfortunately it suffered from the same problem the previous game suffered, that the final act felt rushed and lacked the depth of the previous acts, both when it came to character development and interaction, as well as narrative development.

Of course Triss fans would get mad about Triss not getting enough attention in act 3. Y'know, Ciri's act. Act 3 was the best part of the game, it was culmination for the entire series. It was about the person Geralt loves more than anyone. The person who is the most important character in the entire story. And all you get is, "it sucked and was rushed because not enough Triss".

---------- Updated at 07:17 PM ----------

I wouldn't be so forgiving either after what Triss did, then going off to be tortured for several months.

Yeah... Pretty much while Yennefer was out trying to save Geralt and Ciri, Triss was plotting about how she was going to use Ciri for her political aspirations.

I think everybody can benefit from a little moar dialog in Kaer Mohren between Triss, Yen, Ciri and Geralt . It's not only for Triss, even if she's the one who need it the most, this part of the game is overall akward and everybody can noticed that no matter the romance choice.
CD PROJEKT know about the flaws IMO that's why they reported the release of the game and did there best with the remaining time.
And they bring to us the best RPG ever.
But yes there's still missing and unpolish things in the game and we have to keep the fight to get it done because Triss and the romance in general need more attention

Yeah reactivity,interactivity in general could do with improvement, romanced Triss is just the most extreme example of this problem.

And there's good reason for all of those characters getting more development: They're better characters/they're more important to the overall story. And before anyone tells me that Triss was oh so important in the games I'd like to remind you that her importance is that of a roadblock. She keeps Geralt from fully recovering his memory and finding Yennefer as soon as possible and therefore starting his quest to find Ciri.

But this is also the essence of the problem in this thread. You guys want more Triss content at the expense of other content in the game. Instead of fleshing out different characters, instead of expanding the story in more meaningful ways, you guys wanted more dating simulation. Hell, I've even seen people say that there was too much Ciri, and that it should have been cut for more time with Triss. You guys want Triss DLC at the expense of other story expanding DLC. This is all despite the game having more than enough content for her character.

I mean this is starting to get pretty pathetic and depressing. It's pathetic because most of you are literally campaigning for a dating sim, even if you insist you're not. It's depressing because if it does work, which I highly doubt it will, CD Projekt Red becomes no different than Bioware. It becomes a company that tucks it's tail between it's legs and bows to a few weirdly obsessed fans. It's a company that instead of adding to the story, instead of making something different, decides that for money it will just add what a vocal minority want. That is not how you make art, that is only how you make profit.

I don't think you have even read some posts here, "dating simulation" wut?
Dude make sense, no one is asking for that

Insulting people here won't get you anywhere no one's forcing you to post here

From 'Lady of the Lake" :
Triss Merigold sighed unnoticed. Rather, she believed it had been unnoticed.“Please,” Yennefer looked at her. “What strange sounds float from your beauteous breast, Triss. Ciri, go out and see what lies ahead.”Triss averted her face, determined not to give Yennefer any excuse. She did not expect it to work. For a long time she had been sensing Yennefer’s anger and aggression growing stronger as they approached Rivia.“You, Triss,” Yennefer mischievously insisted, “do not blush, do not sigh, do not drool or wiggle around in your saddle. Or is it that you think because I agreed to your request that I want to have you with us? That I was interested in seeing you spend a meeting with an old love? Ciri, I asked you to go on ahead. The two of us need to talk!”“It is not a discussion, it is a lecture.” Ciri dared to argue, but under the threatening glare from violet eyes, she immediately recoiled, clucked and galloped off on Kelpie on the road ahead.“You’re not going to meet a loved one, Triss,” Yennefer continued. “I am not so noble or stupid enough to give you the opportunity, or him the temptation. But just for today. I could not deny myself the sweet satisfaction. He will know what role you play as a member of the Lodge. He will thank you for that with his famous look. And I’ll be looking at your quivering lips and trembling hands, I will listen to your lame apologies and excuses. And you know what, Triss? I will faint with delight.”“I knew,” Triss grunted. “That you would not forget, that you would take your revenge. I agreed to this, because I was actually at fault. But one thing I must tell you, Yennefer. Do not count too much on fainting. He knows how to forgive.”“He knows what was done to him, of course,” Yennefer narrowed her eyes. “But he will never forgive you for what was done to Ciri. And me.”“It is possible,” Triss swallowed. “He may not forgive. Especially if you insist. But he won’t fly into a rage. He won’t lower himself like that.”Yennefer flicked her horse with her whip in anger. The animal whinnied and leapt and the sorceress swayed in her saddle.“Enough talk,” she snapped. “More humility, you smug viper! He is my man, mine and only mine! Do you understand? You have to stop talking about him, to stop thinking about him, you have to stop admiring his noble character… As of right now, right now! Oh I want to grab you by your matted red hair…”“Try it!” Screamed Triss. “Just try it, you vindictive bitch and I’ll scratch out your eyes! I…”

Yeah,mature and rational adults :)

Awesome! Thank you for that.

I don't think you have even read some posts here, "dating simulation" wut?
Dude make sense, no one is asking for that

Insulting people here won't get you anywhere no one's forcing you to post here

Dont even try. He started yesterday the same stuff. He is missing the whole point and dont want to even think about it. Just let him talk.

Of course Triss fans would get mad about Triss not getting enough attention in act 3. Y'know, Ciri's act. Act 3 was the best part of the game, it was culmination for the entire series. It was about the person Geralt loves more than anyone. The person who is the most important character in the entire story. And all you get is, "it sucked and was rushed because not enough Triss".

---------- Updated at 07:17 PM ----------

Yeah... Pretty much while Yennefer was out trying to save Geralt and Ciri, Triss was plotting about how she was going to use Ciri for her political aspirations.

Act 3 was the worst part of the game and the lack of Triss isn't even the biggest reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom