Best Food to keep?

+
Best Food to keep?

So I end up with TOOOONNNNNSSS of food in this game, and I don't hardly use it all (I'm playing on Sword and Story so I don't need it for vitality regeneration except in combat). I know they have different regeneration times but is the amount recovered per second the same regardless of the food type? Should I just sell all my 5 second foods and keep the 25 second ones or what? I am just trying to figure out how best to manage this part of my inventory....

Keep Wolf Liver. The reason for this is because it's the only food that's necessary for crafting; there's an alchemy recipe that requires it. Other than that, food is pretty much useless sadly. Once you brew the Troll Deconcoction you'll have constant healing as it is, if you so choose. You can also pop a Swallow potion in or out of combat; I end up with an excess of Swallow potions before I meditate all the time, so I am generous with its use.

I may be wrong, it may be a perception thing, but a Baked Potato provides more healing in 5 seconds than most other foods. Water seems to last the longest and provide very little healing. Trail Mix (Fruit and Nuts) is packed with healing, while berries are not. It would be interesting to see how much healing each one provides by doing a before and after reading on the health bar.

Chicker, Roasted Chicken, Honey, Candy, Grilled Meat/Pork -> Solid Food = 10second
Goat Milk, Cows Milk -> Liquid Food = 30 second
Other than, Sell it all.
Solid Food and Liquid Food can be use simultaneously. If you use both slot with Solid, the effect are renewing effect time, not add regenerate %.

We know that the duration differs from 5 seconds up to 30 seconds. What is unknown is if the rate of healing changes per food type. Bread might be 2 hp per 5 seconds while water might be 1 hp for 20 seconds, etc.

Just done a few tests myself (Death March Build with no additional vitality buffs), as I was interested in best 10s food to keep.
Most foods give about 1015 points back over the 10s (Baked Potato, Chicken, Fried Meat, Chicken Leg, Wolf Liver, Ham Sandwich).
However, Roast Chicken gave 1618 points back.
Also, can confirm that Drink and Food work together. I used Cows Milk which on it's own gives 934 points over 30s. But when used with a portion of Roast Chicken gave 2533 back (just watch you health bar fly up). There may be better drink, but only did it out of interest.
That said, you must also consider cost of food. I find the Baked Potatoes best as I can buy them from Quarter Master at Crows Perch and he buys Empty Bottles so is easy way to get rid of bottles and have inexhaustible supply of food.

Top Bottom