• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Can you please make Deathmarch more challenging?

The game is great. After the game gets a few more patches I think it is worthwhile to rebalance this difficulty. I am not sure what CD was thinking, or if they playtested much, but it has become quite obvious through many players that the overall difficulty of the game is not very high. Whether this was because it was a perma death mode at first, and then got changed later on, I do not know but please rebalance the game for a higher skill set at some point.

The easiest suggestions to implement imo are more along the lines of tweaking the signs first and foremost so they cannot be spammed so much. Igni and Quen seem to be the biggest problems again, but maybe some others can chime in with more time spent in game.

Reducing XP and coinage and possibly reducing loot in certain instances could be welcome to improving the value of the overall balance in game. Too many things are readily available atm. Death March is not suppoed to be Normal mode. So let's make some changes here.

Increased number of creatures, their AI, and increased damage from creatures could also help in small amounts. I think higher HP would just get boring but that is also an option in parts.

Mostly, I think people just want the world to be more aggressive toward the player who is probably hopped up on potions and levelled at a rate that no longer gives them difficulty in the later parts of the game. Even with Combat Rebalance mod the later parts of Witcher 2 were much harder than the beginning parts on Dark. I think we need some similar ways of handling this open world toward the mid and later chapters.

Tweaks to various signs are totally appreciated and the easiest thing to do for us immediately along with whatever they are doing to XP. Higher cooldowns can easily rebalance things in that regard. Whatever is easiest for the devs would be the best way to do things. I don't want to interrupt playthroughs ongoing but it is very apparent that people who picked Deathmarch are probably a bit underwhelmed when they can spam certain signs and potions just like the previous games.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
I think the problem is because we can actually SEE enemy movements, so we can counter their moves quite easily, but I like that part best. They have to make the enemy as smart by detecting our key input or whatever works. I hate it in a game when enemies just attack randomly and we only tank their damage, but here in W3 is awesome, we can react to their movements and have enough time to do it, but it could also pose as a problem because we are untouchable which results to little to no damage received.

I hope they come up with the best solutions to balance combat and keep that part of mechanism of the combat, it just feels awesome.

Indeed, and I think tweaking signs is the way to go along with a couple damage tweaks here and there. If we cannot spam signs, but use them to facilitate our approach instead of dominate it, then the game will become much more realistic for those of us that want a greater challenge. I think a larger cooldown on Quen and Igni would result in a better game right away and that would only require a very small amount of time to tweak.

Then maybe some damage adjustments to certain enemies. I agree we need to keep hte good parts of the combat down and not change them. It is nice right now it just needs a few tweaks here and there.

I think the game needs to be a little bit harder on Death March. I find myself cutting down weaker enemies with almost no effort and it doesn't feel challenging at all.

I agree. And despite the combat rebalance mod making some later parts of the game difficult on Witcher 2, it also made 75% of the game way too easy. The combat here is NOT the problem this time. I think it is the excess use of signs that make the game too easy. And then add in some damage adjustments for creatures and we should be on our way to making this mode as challenging as it should be.

For instance, on enemies throughout they could use a 10-30% damage buff. And for our signs like Quen and Igni maybe a stronger cooldown or some effect that will make them just a teeny bit less useful. We should be using ALL OF OUR signs damn it! Please make this so CD. None of the other games have had balanced signs! And this one does not either. I am not sure who is working on combat balance but I must say they need to up their game a bit....

This is Deathmarch difficulty not hard or normal!

Part of the problem is we outlevelled them at some point, and yeah Sign needs to be nerfed, but if signs are nerfed and we spent points heavily on signs, our sword damage might be weaker. Damn it's so complex.

on top of that there is Adrenaline that grants us instant sign spam.

I almost didn't go for the Death March difficulty because I was reading online that people were having a lot of trouble with the Royal Griffon on that setting. When I got to the Royal Griffon I beat it on my first try with my health not even going below half (and it wasn't full to start with). Death March is too easy. Maybe add a Dark Mode option like in TW2?

I ended up with 31k koin when finished the game, I think I can even manage with just 10k.

Imho there shouldn't be any loots in safe zones, money is earned, not granted by excessive looting. Every item in safe zones should have a price meaning Geralt has to buy it, no more freebies. Money should be earned from doing exploration and raid those treasures scattered on the map for income. Players will be motivated more to explore.

Geralt is a witcher and witchers aren't rich, the game even provides haggling feature for asking more pay in contracts/sidequests, even from peasants, doesn't mean Geralt has to be stingy, he still has a choice to be compassionate to those peasants and offer free services. He should do what he do best, killing monsters and gain extra money from the loots there, not in safe zones.

Until the devs wanna do something about it i could offer this.
Makes the game more enjoyable, especially at higher levels.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/90/?

Tomorrow i'm gonna take a look at monsters, it just sucks that i couldn't play further than velen, so i can't rly play around with monsters that appear in Skellige.
On heigher levels, what should be the focus? More hp/ressistances? More damage? Only made it to lv 23.

CD should rethink the combat system . Combat is easy because of the stupid enemy AI . I think if CD can make enemies smarter and give up on the idea of enemies being HP sponges , they will make a huge improvment .

Play nerfed like myself. The game is too easy with the right build (sword and magic build is way too OP, Alchemy too).

Good idea, but I am very sick of having to use a mod to address balance in this game. They really need to start doing something about it themselves IMHO. They have been very poor in this regard for basically every game.

The idea to reduce coinage is also very true. There is no need to make a Witcher that rich.

So in reality without even having to touch performance with additional creatures, we have options:

Balance signs
Reduce coinage
Give certain enemies damage buffs
Balance EXP

All of these should be something they are looking into right now IMO. I can wait because I am patient, and hey with each new driver and patch I get better performance on my 970--but I don't want to have to wait til next year for an entire playthrough of the game.

I posted these suggestions on another thread, I think they'll fix the game for us:

1) remove all random high level loot from grain sacks (rubies, dragon skin, recipies, etc)
2) reduce random loot by 80%
3) completely remove mutagen synergies
4) nerf the more unbalanced skills (bleeding wound, bomb splitting etc)
5) nerf quen (damage bleeds through when quen is broken, if the damage is more than the quen sign intensity, stamina does not recover while quen is up)
6) completely remove recipies from random crates and sacks
7) reduce XP overall by 30%, and from main quest line by 60% (way too much XP there. Most of it's there)

That should pretty much fix the game.
I'll mod it once I figure out how to mod this game :>

Contrary to what some people say, giving enemies even more damage and health won't work. It'll just start feeling all wrong, when you plonk away at a guy for 15 minutes and barely do anything. No, that's a crappy inelegant solution. It's everything around it that needs to change. Don't make the witcher weaker, just make him have to work harder to be strong..

Right now I don't need to work at all..
Starting level quen is good enough (on death march there's little reason to upgrade it because it'll break on any attack anyway, more or less), and I pick up all I need from corposes or crates. Be it weapons and armor that suit my level, or recipies, high level ingredients, whatever. I just go and do quests and kill things without ever needing to prepare in any way

Last edited:
Gwent glitch makes me so angy!!
After 5 wins, I suspect that something is not right as none of the losers didn't give me any card.
for example after defeating Sjusta he must give me Yaevinn card, but nope.
I dont know what to do.hope the next patch will fix the problem

For me the above 4 things can be tweaked now without major coding to performance through additional enemies and AI. While that would be nice we really need some easy to use tweaks. I have this feeling I will be using a mod but I'd rather that not be the case. First and foremost, and even if you have leveled signs big deal, they need to address signs and probably EXP and coinage in Death March. Those three things will enable the game to be much more challenging. I highly doubt someone with a magic build is going to be mad that their OP abilities are now a little more balanced.

I posted these suggestions on another thread, I think they'll fix the game for us:

1) remove all random high level loot from grain sacks (rubies, dragon skin, recipies, etc)
2) reduce random loot by 80%
3) completely remove mutagen synergies
4) nerf the more unbalanced skills (bleeding wound, bomb splitting etc)
5) nerf quen (damage bleeds through when quen is broken, if the damage is more than the quen sign intensity, stamina does not recover while quen is up)
6) completely remove recipies from random crates and sacks
7) reduce XP overall by 30%, and from main quest line by 60% (way too much XP there. Most of it's there)

That should pretty much fix the game.
I'll mod it once I figure out how to mod this game :>

Agree, also we need better human IA (bear and wyvern too). We need more human with shield/two handed axe that parry/counter a lot.

Top Bottom