Witcher 2 vs. Witcher 3 and the Lodge of Sorceresses

+
Well, you can't accuse them of planning that, it was Sabrina's idea and choice, the Lodge could have prevented, yes, but still ...

You raise a good point but Phillipa ordered her to prevent Henselt from winning.

The orders were pretty vague but it's not like Phillipa stopped scheming either.

In the Witcher 3 even when Eilhart , in the cave, DIRECTLY threatened to kill Yennifer if she don't run away and telling her shady schemes about Ciri, Geralt just swallowed like a good boy.
maybe geralt just tought wtf, in your dreams maybe, Yennefer is more powerful than you and Ciri well she is on another level, or good luck with that when you piss yen off i will come to rescue you again

maybe geralt just tought wtf, in your dreams maybe, Yennefer is more powerful than you and Ciri well she is on another level, or good luck with that when you piss yen off i will come to rescue you again

My take?

"I have to listen to you to stop the Wild Hunt. I take comfort in the fact you are HORRIBLE at plotting."

Honestly, I really hope Phillipa is the villain of a potential Ciri game.

I want to show her both swords are for monsters.

I admit, not because she's worse than Radovid, but because she's so CONDESCENDING.

:)

isnt she or the others in the lodge (including yen though she at least finally sobers up) all the of the lodge should be made to pay and that includes the oh so "sweet" triss of so many triss-fans, they have manipulated kingdoms, the lives of many people, all because of their self entitlement, because they think they are above all the rest of the rabble, i would have killed for the scene where ciri goes to talk with phillipa to have ended with ciri punching her lights out and so we see her coming out of the meeting rubbing the knuckles of one hand and we can see from the cracked open door she is laying on the floor.

I'm with you I liked them much better as well developed villians
They were kind of whitewashed (much like Nilfgaard)

I hated how suddenly everyone was ok with the Lodge in TW3 , you couldn't even call them out on their bs
I don't care for the books but it doesn't surprise me that CDPR again didn't care for their own game (TW2) and made everything like it was in the books

You couldn't even kill Phillipa and were forced to work with her ....

---------- Updated at 04:06 PM ----------

Oh, it's you. Not surprised you started this thread. I am afraid we won't reach an understanding, as my opinion differs from you more than TW3 from DA:I. I am for one glad that The Lodge wasn't portrayed as negatively as in TW2, that they weren't enemies but helped Ciri in the end, and of course that none of them (save poor Sheala) died.

People still are whining about the supposed 'lack' of politics in TW3? I went to other boards, even to bioware and 4chan and guess what, people there don't mention this 'issue' at all. There complaints, obviously, but none of them match the utter hysteria haunting this forum. I guess we are so privileged here to be visited by oh so many political experts!

This argument was done to death years ago. If you still fail to understand they were pushing an agenda for united, progressive and strong North able to withstand Nilfgaardian invasion, I recommend playing TW2 again.

Yet people are rationalizing and whitewashing his, Foltest, heck, even fecking madman Radovid actions, though they caused even more deaths and suffering, and contrary to Lodge, they had moral standing to defend their subjects.

No wonder given how you were stating Eilhart will molest Ciri in TW4. I wonder why carry out a discussion if one's that biased against someone.

Same.

Sapkowski only wrote that excerpts on them being praised as saints, because he wanted a post-modernism spin on Christianity and their martyrdom. Take a note Philippa was persecuted because she was supposedly believing in some kind of matriarchal religion, meanwhile in the books there is no mention of sorceresses even being religious.

You sound like Radovid.'Oh, big bad Eilhart scolded me and gave me a stink eye, let torture that b*tch!".

Honestly, I hope if they are in TW4, then Philippa serves as what is implied in TW4, meaning a mage adviser to Ciri/Emhyr/Whoever is sitting on Nilfgaardian throne, and helps the player in some quests as go-along NPC. I'd embrace a different scenario with her having a small cameo, where she is using her best condescending tone to protagonist, so some people can moan on boards, 'what a ranging c*nt, I wanna kill ha' more and more. Delicious tears of haters make me all warm and happy inside :)

Very mature way of thinking (especially that last paragraph)
Phillipa isn't much better than Radovid (pre TW3 of course) I can't believe people are defending her, I wonder who is whitewashing here

And why wouldn't people complain about the politics in TW3? I guess if you like dumbed down and simplified politics then yes they are great

Last edited:
Well Geralt constantly puts up with Yen's crap so its not exactly out of character that he can force himself to stomach working with the likes of Philipa should the need arise for it. Hell, if anyones got a masters degree in not blowing his brains out for being in close proximity to bitchy, condescending and all around annoying sorceress' its totally Geralt.

so why so much hate on phillippa

Phillipa talks to Geralt (and thus the player) like he's a very stupid child
She threatens Yennefer
She threatens Ciri (by intending to make her a pawn)
They liked Saskia
She started Civil Wars
She sided with then North then Nilfgaard, all for her own power.
They blame her for the Pontar Valley massacre. As Johnny Gat said, "You ordered it."
She killed Radovid's dad and abused him as a child, making him the nutter he is today.

It's kind of hilarious but the entire witch pogrom is her fault and NO ONE NOTICES THIS.

---------- Updated at 08:50 PM ----------

@germanicus

No wonder given how you were stating Eilhart will molest Ciri in TW4. I wonder why carry out a discussion if one's that biased against someone.
I'd like you to remember, I NEVER SAID THAT. I said that Phillipa Eilhart is the kind of person who would use her powers to try and make sure that Ciri's Promised Child was created (which Emhyr couldn't go through to create). The idea that I suggested Phillipa would molest her is beneath you.

I'm just saying she'd mind-zap them both to go through with it if she could.

Because that's the kind of person she is.

She threatens Yennefer
They liked Saskia
She started Civil Wars
They blame her for the Pontar Valley massacre. As Johnny Gat said, "You ordered it."
She killed Radovid's dad and abused him as a child, making him the nutter he is today.

It's kind of hilarious but the entire witch pogrom is her fault and NO ONE NOTICES THIS.

---------- Updated at 08:50 PM ----------

@germanicus

I'd like you to remember, I NEVER SAID THAT. I said that Phillipa Eilhart is the kind of person who would use her powers to try and make sure that Ciri's Promised Child was created (which Emhyr couldn't go through to create). The idea that I suggested Phillipa would molest her is beneath you.

I'm just saying she'd mind-zap them both to go through with it if she could.

Because that's the kind of person she is.

We really needed an option to kill her imho, instead she is probably more powerful than before
I also couldn't believe how Triss was defending her (when I told her about the crystal) its like everyone forgot the shit she pulled in TW2

She threatens Yennefer
They liked Saskia
She started Civil Wars

I get your point, but i just never had desire to kill her, its not that i like she either just say i could understand her motives in pontar, what do you mean by pontar massacre Sabrina Glevessig spell or something else, well regardles her threats i consider them more as a joke then real threats cunsidering its always Geralt who pull her out of trouble, i just had a fealing people has deep hatred towards phillippa and lodge i mean Emhyr did worse things but dont se anybody hates him and want to kill him

She threatens Yennefer
They liked Saskia
She started Civil Wars

Exactly. She is such a bitch. In the saga she also refused to clean Yennefer's name when she was considered to be a traitor, because it didn't serve the interests of the Lodge.

Anyway it does not bother me that we couldn't kill her. She is such an interesting character.

I also couldn't believe how Triss was defending her (when I told her about the crystal) its like everyone forgot the shit she pulled in TW2
You mean thing with Saskia or something else

Last edited:
It's kind of hilarious but the entire witch pogrom is her fault and NO ONE NOTICES THIS

it has occurred to me, because come on, people dont get their breeches all twisted up in a knot if everything was kittens sunshine and daisies, radovoid literally has foam coming out of his mouth when geralt tells him where to find phillipa, phillipa played a large part as the instigator of radovid's lunacy but i suspect there is more to it than just phillipa.

Top Bottom