A compendium of tweaks and fixes for the PC version

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! What really gets on my nerves is that gamers themselves have to make this game run and look better and not the developers who were ultimately paid to do it. There is something really wrong here.
it reduces drastically the pop in, but something still is popping. Not as annoying though

it reduces drastically the pop in, but something still is popping. Not as annoying though

What is also interesting is these lines

First place owners of Nvidia GPU's have to look at (amd owners of 7970, 8970, 280x, 270x, 285 can edit present)The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\performance.xml
Edit file with notepad or similar one.
Find your GPU
1) Remove 'fpslimit="30'.

2) Edit preset="X" and change X to "3" this will allow for higher quality textures, draw distance etc.

Does it really increase draw distance?

What is also interesting is these lines

Does it really increase draw distance?

Uhh... I don't really have enough context here, but if he's talking about in performance.xml:

Code:
<!--GK104 [GeForce GTX 660]-->
<device vid="0x10DE" did="0x1185" preset="0" fpslimit="30" />

... for example, and he's advising to change the preset to 3, I'm pretty sure that all this XML is used for is detection of certain video cards and what preset to default to when filling out the user.settings for the first time.

Serious question... Is this thread even the place to be debating over SweetFX/etc. presets? That's something that could go on forever and deserves its own topic... Especially given that it's highly subjective.

Not trying to quell any helpful discussion on the topic, but maybe pages of arguing with each other over a subjective matter sort of makes it harder to read all the other posts?

totaly agree

Uhh... I don't really have enough context here, but if he's talking about in performance.xml:

Code:

... for example, and he's advising to change the preset to 3, I'm pretty sure that all this XML is used for is detection of certain video cards and what preset to default to when filling out the user.settings for the first time.

it is

i fond nice stuff guys about the popping issue now my NPC stop to pop but now i got an horrible fade on other little meshes post value ans screen tomorrow am tired

good night guys

Last edited:

Code:

@jonwd7, His placement of spaces and gaps is weird. Maybe this is what he mean when he says it'll increase the draw distance:

this will allow for higher quality textures, draw distance etc.=========================
=========================
\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base\resources.ini

FileQueueSizeGame = 250
FileQueueSizeLoading = 700
MaxRequests = 45 [50 is max, and with 50 or over you might have crashes]

(bigger faster loading)
MaxCompressedBudget = 10

MaxUncmpressedBudget = 240

MaxUncompressedBlocks = 4096

Does anyone have a fix for when the audio is 2-4 seconds ahead of the lips in all cutscenes, its ruining the game for me, making me feel like I wasted money on this game.

Does anyone have a fix for when the audio is 2-4 seconds ahead of the lips in all cutscenes, its ruining the game for me, making me feel like I wasted money on this game.
This only happens to me if I'm using the time stop command or taking a lossless image(via sweetfx for instance) since that causes the graphics to hitch for a second.

That's not the only thing that makes me feel like that. Hopefully things will change with patches and some ultimate graphics edition (or Enhanced Edition) but the question is will we care once we've completed all the quests.

<!--GK104 [GeForce GTX 660]--> <device vid="0x10DE" did="0x1185" preset="0" fpslimit="30" />
When he says remove the fps limit =30, it means to remove the words "fps limit=30" not just 30" so it will become: <!--GK104 [GeForce GTX 660]--> <device vid="0x10DE" did="0x1185" preset="3" />(space before the symbols).

---------- Updated at 06:53 AM ----------

Never had such issue, maybe because i don't have a soundcard

---------- Updated at 06:57 AM ----------

Solution for novigrad stutter:
Browse to Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3\bin\config\base and open gc.ini with a text editor.
The command you need to edit is:
; Upper limit for amount of memory used by the objects that will automatically trigger the GC
ObjectMemoryTrigger = 290
Change it to:
ObjectMemoryTrigger = 512

Seems worked, i had no problems in novigrad so far

Last edited:
When he says remove the fps limit =30, it means to remove the words "fps limit=30" not just 30" so it will become: <!--GK104 [GeForce GTX 660]--> <device vid="0x10DE" did="0x1185" preset="3" />(space before the symbols).

I still don't get what specifically changes the draw distance:
First place owners of Nvidia GPU's have to look at (amd owners of 7970, 8970, 280x, 270x, 285 can edit present)The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\performance.xml
Edit file with notepad or similar one.
Find your GPU
1) Remove 'fpslimit="30'.
2) Edit preset="X" and change X to "3" this will allow for higher quality textures, draw distance etc.
\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base\resources.ini

FileQueueSizeGame = 250
FileQueueSizeLoading = 700
MaxRequests = 45 [50 is max, and with 50 or over you might have crashes]

(bigger faster loading)
MaxCompressedBudget = 10

MaxUncmpressedBudget = 240

MaxUncompressedBlocks = 4096

Last edited:
I wasn't even talking about the fps limit... I was responding directly to the bold bits in this part:

Edit preset="X" and change X to "3" this will allow for higher quality textures, draw distance etc.

It doesn't allow for anything AFAIK. It just changes which presets your GPU defaults to when it creates the user.settings.

<!--GK104 [GeForce GTX 660]--> <device vid="0x10DE" did="0x1185" preset="3"
I think this is like an AUTOSENSE feature for the specific card, so it will be ready to use it's max capabilites in the game(max settings it can afford)
This until you don' mess with the user.settings file, obviously

hey guys, here are some progress wiht the cut scene lighting :

[video=youtube;j5MX-9yYZ3w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5MX-9yYZ3w[/video]

i managed to fix the skybox ( they arnt really skyboxs, because we cant change that actually, its rather what type of clouds/clouds particles we can use ) in velen and outside novigrad in general, novigrad is still broken, i feel like am missing something there, need more testing, it work fine in Skellige

am having more trouble understanding how the game manage/read the weather tables, rather than making it work, because for example if i use the default novigrad weather table and i just implement the cut scene lighting, it will not work, sometime it will load the moded table ,sometime it dosnt, it really weird , and i cant change the weather on the fly with the default table using the debug console ,does not work

however, if for example i use Kaer morhen table as a basis and mod it with the cut scene lighting ( thats what you can see in the video ), it magically work, the weather have proper transition, and i can load any weather setting with the debug console

her's the console mod : http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/28/?

command for changing the weather : https://github.com/gamebooster/witcher3-booster/blob/master/README.md

this is very very useful to test a weather setting that you tweaked for example, but the problem is that the game dosnt allow you to load any weather, so your first have to find wich weather setting ( from a weather table zone ) the game let you load, then you start tweake your weather and see the changes

her's a shot of a weather table, they all look the same :

i tried to hide a specific weather setting because its a major megaton spoiler, so you are warned, ther's a gigantic spoiler in kaer morhen table,
at least that what though since i still didnt finish the game yet ..

anyway, you can see the envPath section have the lighting cut scene implemented, and about the other column they are self explainatory, for every effect you can implement you have it own set of settings, for effect1 you have priority1, prob1, strengh1, its the same for effect2 , effect 3 ect ect ...

you'll find mostly clouds/clouds particle settings in the effects section, i dont think the skybox itself can be changed, it seems to be tied to assests , for rain/snow, they are effect that you can put in effect1 for example

you need to use a prober csv/table reader to open the weather files ( they are all located in startup.bundle just extract that ) , am using open office calc :

https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

have fun, also sorry to post this here, am tired of reading complaints on the graphics thread, if mods feel the need to move this else where its fine

ps: if bms give you an error about file size when re importing, just tape " force " and it will work

Last edited:
Solution for novigrad stutter:
Browse to Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3\bin\config\base and open gc.ini with a text editor.
The command you need to edit is:
; Upper limit for amount of memory used by the objects that will automatically trigger the GC
ObjectMemoryTrigger = 290
Change it to:
ObjectMemoryTrigger = 512

Seems worked, i had no problems in novigrad so far

So I'd just like to report that this had a very negative effect on my game. I haven't been having any stuttering issues, but was curious to see what this setting would do. I'm not at Novigrad yet, just out in some open hills and foresty areas on the west side of Valen. Very shadowy in some areas, wide open views on top of hills nearby too.

I changed the ObjectMemoryTrigger from 290 to 512 and loaded it up. All of a sudden my game was EXTREMELY stuttery. Fraps was saying my game was running at 55-60 FPS, but the game LOOKED like it was running at 20-25 fps. It was horrible!

I'm not sure why this occurs, but once I changed the ObjectMemoryTrigger back to 290, it was completely smooth again, and was bouncing about 60-65 fps in the same area, an increase of fps on top of the smoothness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom