Screen tearing with FullScreenMode

+
Screen tearing with FullScreenMode

Hi,

I have really been enjoying TW3 - great game! But I have noticed that I get noticable screen tearing when I enable full-screen mode. This issue comletely goes away when I switch to borderless window mode. The issue is that this mode gives me about 2 less FPS and - more importantly, I suspect it disables G-sync (or rather G-sync does not work in windowed mode).

Here are some other specs/settings that might be relavant:
- 144Hz Acer XB270HU set at 120Hz
- Frames in game: Unlimited
- V-sync in game: On

I have tried tinkering with NVIDIA control panel, but to no avail - as soon as I enable full-screen mode, is a tear-fest :(. The only thing that worked is to set FPS limit to: 60 in game instead of unlimited. So basically anytime I go over 60FPS (even though I have higher Hz monitor) on full-screen mode it tears. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Hi,

I have really been enjoying TW3 - great game! But I have noticed that I get noticable screen tearing when I enable full-screen mode. This issue comletely goes away when I switch to borderless window mode. The issue is that this mode gives me about 2 less FPS and - more importantly, I suspect it disables G-sync (or rather G-sync does not work in windowed mode).

Here are some other specs/settings that might be relavant:
- 144Hz Acer XB270HU set at 120Hz
- Frames in game: Unlimited
- V-sync in game: On

I have tried tinkering with NVIDIA control panel, but to no avail - as soon as I enable full-screen mode, is a tear-fest :(. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Try turning off vsync and using it in the nvidia panel.
Try setting the monitor to 60Hz (If it supports it, which is should because it's a standard.)

Thanks for the replies!

Well here are the three scenarios:

A) Full-screen + unlimited FPS + vsync on -> tearing @70FPS
B) Full-screen + unlimited FPS + vsync off -> more tearing @70FPS
C) Borderless window + unlimited FPS + vsync off -> no tearing @68FPS but Gsync probably off
D) Full screen + 60FPS + vsync on/off -> no tearing @60FPS

:/ That has me thinking it must be an issue with the game itself?

Thanks for the replies!

Well here are the three scenarios:

A) Full-screen + unlimited FPS + vsync on -> tearing @70FPS
B) Full-screen + unlimited FPS + vsync off -> more tearing @70FPS
C) Borderless window + unlimited FPS + vsync off -> no tearing @68FPS but Gsync probably off
D) Full screen + 60FPS + vsync on/off -> no tearing @60FPS

:/ That has me thinking it must be an issue with the game itself?

Turn off Gsync and it should fix the problem also I believe.

Sounds strange, I have a 144Hz GSync monitor myself, and play with full-screen + unlimited + vsnc off + GSync on, and haven't noticed any tearing. My monitor is the BenQ XL2420G.

Top Bottom