Post 1.05 Bugged skills Thread!

+
Post 1.05 Bugged skills Thread!

Post the bugged skills and stuff related to bugged skills here!

Here are what i know of:
1. Mutagens still not applying their bonuses properly after loading a save or a zone.
2. Cat School Techniques not applying Critical Damage bonus for Fast attacks but DOES apply it to Strong attacks.
The critical damage bonus does show up in the Fast attack character statistics but DOESN'T show up in Strong attack character statistics.
3. Razor Focus not applying bonus to adrenaline points gain at all (supposed to give +25% from sword attacks with 5/5 in it), only the first part of the skill works - it gives you 1 point of adrenaline when you enter combat.

Can a Dev reply that they know of these bugs please?

EDIT: Specified exactly whats the problem with Cat school techniques.

Last edited:
Razor focus will always only give you 1 adrenaline and that is not a bug, the other 4 points in it increase the amount of adrenaline your sword stikes generate. Basically skill good for 1 point.

rend still do less damage than a regular strong attack, with a much longer vulnerable animation...

Actually the entire Combat Tree (red skills on character tab) is but a huge decorative pile of trash.

When we're supposed to be the ultimate swordsman it is sad to be left to spam our regular normal attacks or spec in signs or alchemy for efficiency because every single cool combat skill is bugged or garbage (yes even Whirl, try to use it without getting killed on Deathmarch).

Last edited:
did you actually test any of these? I did some testing for the cat school skill and razor focus aswell and they work well... cant say anything about the mutagen bug tho

That's what i meant. that it only works for that part of the skill, the part that supposed to increase the adrenaline point gain is bugged and doesn't work..

---------- Updated at 08:16 PM ----------

did you actually test any of these? I did some testing for the cat school skill and razor focus aswell and they work well... cant say anything about the mutagen bug tho

Yes i did. I don't know how you did your testing, but the critical damage increase from Cat School is only in the character sheet, it does NOT increase the real critical damage of your attacks. As for Razor Focus you can put 5/5 points in and attack a monster and see how many attacks you need to get 1 adrenaline point, then remove it, attack again and you will see that its the same amount of attacks. I can assure you that 25% increase in adrenaline gain reduces the amount of attacks needed by at least 1 , since i checked it again with Ursine gear and its adrenaline gain bonus to see how it works and the armor's 15% bonus to adrenaline gain reduces the amount of attacks by 1.

Last edited:
When I tested razor focus I reloaded the save every time to make sure situation is the same: 3 bandits, I get not hit in the process at all.

- With razor I needed 3 hits to build 1 point of adrenaline,
without I stopped counting after I did not get a point after 5 hits. Both times I were not hit, and both times I reloaded to make sure the situation is the same because adrenaline seems to be only a 3 points gaige but it builds up with a value of something like 0/100 just for example so u get different results if u try to test it on one crowd without reloading and reseting the given situations.

- Did the same for the "cat armor skill", was testing it on a wraith I hit 1,2k crit without cat armor skill on a HEAVY attack, 1,7-1,8k crit with the "cat armor skill" equipped.

Aezo

Last edited:
When I tested razor focus I reloaded the save every time to make sure situation is the same: 3 bandits, I get not hit in the process at all.

- With razor I needed 3 hits to build 1 point of adrenaline,
without I stopped counting after I did not get a point after 5 hits. Both times I were not hit, and both times I reloaded to make sure the situation is the same because adrenaline seems to be only a 3 points gaige but it builds up with a value of something like 0/100 just for example so u get different results if u try to test it on one crowd without reloading and reseting the given situations.

- Did the same for the "cat armor skill", was testing it on a wraith I hit 1,2k crit without cat armor skill on a HEAVY attack, 1,7-1,8k crit with the "cat armor skill" equipped.

Aezo

In my test, i did reset the after each try and i did test it on one enemy without getting hit. I don't know why we are getting different results but a reply from a Dev would be good.

As for your test on Cat School Techniques it increases the Critical damage of Fast attacks as well so i don't know how it changed your damage with a heavy one, but when i tested it with a Fast attack it didn't increase it at all..

EDIT: so after further testing it appears that Cat School Techniques DOES increase the Critical damage of Strong attacks but DOESN'T increase the critical damage of Fast attacks (even though it show an increase in the sheet). its so weird, Devs please fix this.

Last edited:
For the most part, it does not seem that the critical damage bonus on weapons work either on fast attacks.

edit: Nevermind, i think it works.

Last edited:
would be nice if skills would actually work how the description states, after 5 patches now... man im frustrated a lil bit...

Actually, there is something else strange about this Cat School Skill. It is supposed to give you a 5% damage bonus for every light armor piece, so naturally, if i have 4 light armor pieces i would get 20% bonus damage from light attacks. However in reality id only gives you a tiny-tiny bonus. Example; my Geralt has 648 base light attack damage, when I apply the Cat School Skill with 4 light armor pieces it only rises up to 708 attack. 20% of 648 is DEFINETELY NOT 60. So there you go, another bugged and useless skill.
Btw, the crit damage bonus also doesn't work for me.

Actually, I just tested all other skills that is currently have and found out that almost all of them, including mutagens and runes either don't work at all, or give you like 1\10 of the supposed bonus. I'm playing this game on medium difficulty, so it doesn't really matter, but i'm planning to replay it on Death March, and I think with all the flawed and nonworking skills it will be a nightmare.

PLEASE FIX THESE PROBLEMS, or give the modders the right tools, so the community fixes them for you.

Last edited:
I just wish for CDRed to release the redkit and hopefully the modding community can make an unnofficial patch fixing all these "minor bugs" (I think they actually think like this to not even consider to fix it after five patches). There's a lot of others, like the attack power rune, although the description has changed in 1.05, it still doesn't work, and the red mutagens bonus get messed up on loading for the first time a save, or traveling between areas (skellige - novigrad, i.e.).

Actually, there is something else strange about this Cat School Skill. It is supposed to give you a 5% damage bonus for every light armor piece, so naturally, if i have 4 light armor pieces i would get 20% bonus damage from light attacks. However in reality id only gives you a tiny-tiny bonus. Example; my Geralt has 648 base light attack damage, when I apply the Cat School Skill with 4 light armor pieces it only rises up to 708 attack. 20% of 648 is DEFINETELY NOT 60. So there you go, another bugged and useless skill.
Btw, the crit damage bonus also doesn't work for me.

Actually, I just tested all other skills that is currently have and found out that almost all of them, including mutagens and runes either don't work at all, or give you like 1\10 of the supposed bonus. I'm playing this game on medium difficulty, so it doesn't really matter, but i'm planning to replay it on Death March, and I think with all the flawed and nonworking skills it will be a nightmare.

PLEASE FIX THESE PROBLEMS, or give the modders the right tools, so the community fixes them for you.

Actually thats because the game calculates power bonus from average BASE weapon damage, So if you have a weapon that does 105-115 damage, 20% power bonus to that is 0.2*((105+115)/2)=22 which is much lower than if it was multiplicative with other damage and power bonuses.

Actually thats because the game calculates power bonus from average BASE weapon damage, So if you have a weapon that does 105-115 damage, 20% power bonus to that is 0.2*((105+115)/2)=22 which is much lower than if it was multiplicative with other damage and power bonuses.
Oh, well, that explains a lot then. Thx for enlightening me :).
The skill is still pretty much useless though, at least untill devs fix the crit damage part of it.

It is supposed to give you a 5% damage bonus for every light armor piece
You don't understand perk description. "Each piece of light armor increases critical hit damage by 25% and fast attack damage by 5%" This means +25% crit damage from each piece of light armor. And 5% fast attack damage from Perk, not from all peace.
PS: It all doesn't matter - perk doesn't work
:facepalm:

Top Bottom