Can anyone sum up the benefits of 1.05? I'm hearing a lot about performance drops

+
Can anyone sum up the benefits of 1.05? I'm hearing a lot about performance drops

All of those bug fixes and stuff sound great..

but I've not heard a single person say their game performs better, only worse. You have a lot of people cheering for fixes before the patch and now I'm seeing a lot of people saying performance got worse afterwards.

How much is the impact this time? Literally every damn patch we've gotten so far has worsened performance for me. I'm not about to drop even MORE settings because CDPR can't get the most important aspect of patches right. Bug fixes aren't worth a damn if you're game runs like crap CDPR.

Eh, there isn't really a benefit besides the bug fixes. My performance dropped sharply on a GTX 970 (sudden drops to 40-ish FPS every few seconds when it's usually buttery smooth) and there are godawful pop-in issues that I've never experienced before - hell, even walls are loading in front of my eyes, the windows kinda just float there in midair until the walls finally remember that they have stuff to do... You might want to avoid this one.

Eh, there isn't really a benefit besides the bug fixes. My performance dropped sharply on a GTX 970 (sudden drops to 40-ish FPS every few seconds when it's usually buttery smooth) and there are godawful pop-in issues that I've never experienced before - hell, even walls are loading in front of my eyes, the windows kinda just float there in midair until the walls finally remember that they have stuff to do... You might want to avoid this one.

+1.

With this 1.05 patch I've so many breaks and lag problems I never had it before! Even with GTX980 (same settings as before 1.05 patch)

As a fellow 970 user, I thank you. I would have avoided every patch past 1.02, but alas, I got sucked in .-.

As a fellow 970 user, I thank you. I would have avoided every patch past 1.02, but alas, I got sucked in .-.

Yeah, it's really weird... I don't know what happened, everything was working wonderfully so far but right now it's like the game is struggling to load its areas... where it used to be nice and smooth (perhaps with a tiny little hitch or two if I sprinted through crowded areas too fast), it stutters noticeably. Novigrad is particularly terrible.

I've had the FPS issue from day 1. Same card as well. I feel that Ive wasted my money getting this card.

I have a GTX 970 and Patch 1.05 has caused a lot of issues with npc and environment just popping in. I did not have this problem prior to patch 1.05. It has also begun causing crashes during quest conversation. Prior to 1.05 I had very minimal issues running the game, but 1.05 has literally made it so that I cannot advance any quests due to the game crashing.

I am not using any tweaks or file editing. All graphics settings to ultra. Other graphics settings include hairworks geralt only, vsync on, borderless window, and unlimited frames per second.

I am not using any tweaks or file editing. All graphics settings to ultra. Other graphics settings include hairworks geralt only, vsync on, borderless window, and unlimited frames per second.

Turn off hairworks, turn down shadows, put grass/foliage to high, go full screen and you'll be pretty golden, been playing since day 1 without any crashes or problems.

Turn off hairworks, turn down shadows, put grass/foliage to high, go full screen and you'll be pretty golden, been playing since day 1 without any crashes or problems.

Here's the thing, though - it was working just fine up to 1.05 with hairworks on and shadows up (I have foliage set to high because it doesn't really matter, all other settings are on ultra). I am not saying that I *need* a constant 60 FPS with everything on using a single 970 because it won't happen, but the drop from 1.04 to 1.05 is very noticeable and a bit ridiculous. I don't think this could be - or should be - solved with us turning off options that worked perfectly until now.

Here's the thing, though - it was working just fine up to 1.05 with hairworks on and shadows up (I have foliage set to high because it doesn't really matter, all other settings are on ultra). I am not saying that I *need* a constant 60 FPS with everything on using a single 970 because it won't happen, but the drop from 1.04 to 1.05 is very noticeable and a bit ridiculous. I don't think this could be - or should be - solved with us turning off options that worked perfectly until now.

Have you ever changed the settings for patches? What patch did you start? Because you might have been using old settings throughout the patches and 1.05 forced a change? (Just curious).

I feel that Ive wasted my money getting this card.

more likely wasted your money on that game.
Since the release i barely played 10hours because all performances issues / crap gameplay.

And so far, that's 100% money wasted. Its the very last time i buy a game from thoses guys. And very last time i gave them my money.

I've had the FPS issue from day 1. Same card as well. I feel that Ive wasted my money getting this card.

The 970's have had big issues from day 1 just like they advertised 4GB of vram and the cards only having 3.5GB available, etc... Things will get worked out over time as they are taking a lot of flank for it. Just turn off hairworks, turn down shadows, etc... You'll be able to play stable till they fix it all.

Have you ever changed the settings for patches? What patch did you start? Because you might have been using old settings throughout the patches and 1.05 forced a change? (Just curious).

I installed the game the day it came out and have auto-updated to every patch since then - no change in my settings. I just double-checked them to be sure - nope, still the same. Trust me, I really want it to be a hardware thing (I'm aware of the issues with this card) but literally nothing has changed besides the patch coming out. I'll experiment a bit tomorrow since it's 2:30 AM here, but... eh. I wish I could just roll back but this patch has way too many fixes that I want to use :\

I feel like perfs rose slightly, maybe about 5 fps. Now getting between 60 to 90 fps everywhere, with everything maxed out including HW (on 2x970 + i7 4790K). The patch didn't break anything that I could notice for now, so quite happy with the result. Had the issue with foliage distance drawing reduced when I first launched the game fafter patching it but after restarting the game and playing with the settings a bit in the game menu it went back to normal, from what I can tell.

The 970's have had big issues from day 1 just like they advertised 4GB of vram and the cards only having 3.5GB available, etc... Things will get worked out over time as they are taking a lot of flank for it. Just turn off hairworks, turn down shadows, etc... You'll be able to play stable till they fix it all.

I don't think the game's using enough vram for the last .5GB to cause problems. Did a really quick 4K test on my 980 and the peak was 2611MB, though that was out in the open. Haven't managed to get to any town yet, too busy tweaking the configuration files :D
Results with 970 may vary, of course.

Last edited:
I don't think the game's using enough vram for the last .5GB to cause problems. Did a really quick 4K test on my 980 and the peak was 2611MB, though that was out in the open. Haven't managed to get to any town yet, too busy tweaking the configuration files :D

I agree just saying the card has a track record with nvidia which makes it suspected even more than a card without a track record ;)

Top Bottom