You're Doing It Again CD Projekt Red... We Need Answers!

+
You're Doing It Again CD Projekt Red... We Need Answers!

So I've made a post before about how CD Projekt Red has seemingly ignored the Xbox One side of the forums. I was then met with an apology and told that they'd try to do better. Well, things did get better... until patch 1.03 came out. After that, it seems CD Projekt Red has been avoiding the Xbox One side of the forum like the plague (I cannot speak for the PC and PS4 sides of the forum... so I do not know if they've been active there either).

Now I get you're working on the patch, but I'm pretty sure you have Community people who are supposed to communicate with the community. I also get that you cannot respond to all messages, but it seem like nothing on the Xbox One forum is getting responded to at all... especially when we are just wondering what the hell the status of the patches are.

We were promised that patch 1.05 would be released on Monday and that patch 1.04 for the Xbox One and PS4 would soon follow. Well it's Thursday and we've gotten no update on what the hell happened! (again, only speaking for the Xbox One side of the forum). While most of us want the patch ASAP, what we would love is for CD Projekt Red to at least say SOMETHING about why the patch was delays. If the patch was delayed for PC, that means it's delayed for Xbox One... and to make things worse, the Xbox One is already going to get the patch a week later than the PC anyway due to Microsoft's certification process.

So common CD Projekt Red... promises were made but not kept and now we, at the Xbox One side of the forum, are getting left in the dark about ANY information about why the patch was delayed. Some people have had their game shelved since the day of release due to bugs, and as it stands it looks like they'll have to shelve it for at least another week more. It's honestly insulting to a part of your customer base that they essentially get ignored when most of them just want an update on the patch and why it was delayed.

So I've made a post before about how CD Projekt Red has seemingly ignored the Xbox One side of the forums. I was then met with an apology and told that they'd try to do better. Well, things did get better... until patch 1.03 came out. After that, it seems CD Projekt Red has been avoiding the Xbox One side of the forum like the plague (I cannot speak for the PC and PS4 sides of the forum... so I do not know if they've been active there either).

Now I get you're working on the patch, but I'm pretty sure you have Community people who are supposed to communicate with the community. I also get that you cannot respond to all messages, but it seem like nothing on the Xbox One forum is getting responded to at all... especially when we are just wondering what the hell the status of the patches are.

We were promised that patch 1.05 would be released on Monday and that patch 1.04 for the Xbox One and PS4 would soon follow. Well it's Thursday and we've gotten no update on what the hell happened! (again, only speaking for the Xbox One side of the forum). While most of us want the patch ASAP, what we would love is for CD Projekt Red to at least say SOMETHING about why the patch was delays. If the patch was delayed for PC, that means it's delayed for Xbox One... and to make things worse, the Xbox One is already going to get the patch a week later than the PC anyway due to Microsoft's certification process.

So common CD Projekt Red... promises were made but not kept and now we, at the Xbox One side of the forum, are getting left in the dark about ANY information about why the patch was delayed. Some people have had their game shelved since the day of release due to bugs, and as it stands it looks like they'll have to shelve it for at least another week more. It's honestly insulting to a part of your customer base that they essentially get ignored when most of them just want an update on the patch and why it was delayed.

I agree, it would be nice to hear the reason(s) for why the patches haven't been released yet. I'm really having a hard time playing the game with all quest breaking bugs and glitches that haven't gotten fixed yet.

Now you getting to how i feel man i sent an email yesterday and look what they said.

Hello Luis,

The patch was sent out to Microsoft for certification, the release date is up to them now.
I'm really sorry for any inconvenience.

---------- Updated at 06:09 PM ----------

i just wish they where more like microsoft have someone online to talk to about the issues that are going on.

Now you getting to how i feel man i sent an email yesterday and look what they said.

Hello Luis,

The patch was sent out to Microsoft for certification, the release date is up to them now.
I'm really sorry for any inconvenience.

---------- Updated at 06:09 PM ----------

i just wish they where more like microsoft have someone online to talk to about the issues that are going on.

Now this is interesting because this means there is a possibility of us getting the 1.04 patch before PC gets patch 1.05.

I'm definitely in agreement with you that CD Projekt Red needs to keep up on communicating with all groups of their customer base. Even if it's just simply saying, "Hey... we've run into some road-blocks while working on the patch. It'll take us a little while longer to fix this, so please give us some more time and sorry for the wait." At least they'd have told us 2 things here.... 1. the patch will be delayed... 2. it was because they ran into more bugs while working on a fix.

Overall, a little communication goes a long way.

I want to play this game but buggy quests/ save issues and no xp rewards and yesterday the game wouldnt work at all doesnt make it possible.. It is frustrating to say the least.. While I feel bad for the devs because I am sure they wish everything worked perfectly, still they sold a product that we bought and that product is broken.. In any other business that would not fly.. So they should understand our frustration.. The gaming industry is about the only business that can sell you a broken product and promise to fix it later and sometimes it ends up not being fixed. if you are going to sell broken products at the very least you coould have someone that posts a detailed message as to what is going on and when things will be fixed.. And not be silent for days/weeks while the issues are still there..

but zeke my biggest argument is why do they release a game without checking it i mean look batman they postponed it till now and the same thing is going on with this game the division they announced it like 2 years ago and its coming out in feb 2015 i mean jesus fix it up.

but zeke my biggest argument is why do they release a game without checking it i mean look batman they postponed it till now and the same thing is going on with this game the division they announced it like 2 years ago and its coming out in feb 2015 i mean jesus fix it up.

I'm in agreement that they should have fixed the game before releasing it, not against that in the slightest. Even though The Division and Batman have been delayed, I wouldn't be surprised if it's buggy as well. Remember, The Witcher 3 was delayed twice and was announced 2 years ago as well and it still was released in its current state.

They released it so that those of use who are playing with little to no bugs can enjoy it. We really didn't want to wait another six months on behalf of the minority of players who can't play at all. Hard truth.

Here's another hard truth: forums aren't here for complaining. CDPR has email for that. Forums are here to talk about the game, have a good time, talk to other fans. You're free to complain: once. Politely.

You try to turn the forums into your personal anger-cave, and that's going to be a problem.

OP think you need to give them a bit of time to resolve any issues. For anybody that wants a bug-free game, come back to it after six months and it might be more to your liking. Overall to my mind the frequency of the patches has been fine. What happens on other platforms is immaterial to this one. Keep reporting the bugs, play around the problems or wait until things are resolved.

They released it so that those of use who are playing with little to no bugs can enjoy it. We really didn't want to wait another six months on behalf of the minority of players who can't play at all. Hard truth.

Here's another hard truth: forums aren't here for complaining. CDPR has email for that. Forums are here to talk about the game, have a good time, talk to other fans. You're free to complain: once. Politely.

You try to turn the forums into your personal anger-cave, and that's going to be a problem.

Well, that is just total bs. This is the tech support forum. This is were we come to find solutions on all the bugs, GAME-ENDING bugs, in some cases! The lack of respons and explanations by CDPR in this forum makes players who paid a lot of money to play a game very frustrated, so they vent that here. If that is to much to take for the mods en CDPR they should communicate better, or release a finished game.
And of course some players (well,the wish they were players, but thay cant play,thats the point!) are angry! I,for one, have not been able to play the game since day 2 after the release. Maybe a forums MOD thinks that is acceptable but I do not agree.
(Try) to fix the game, give status reports and communicate, that is all we want, then the complaining will stop, and anger will fade. Trying to tell people that they are not allowed to state their grieve will result in the opposite!

Come back to it after 6 months. You do realise the depreciation of games. If that was the case then a lot of people would of brought it then with probably a massive reduction in price. The only problem I have so far apart from graphical glitches is the text but if I was in the same boat as the OP I'd be Peeved and complaining

Come back to it after 6 months. You do realise the depreciation of games. If that was the case then a lot of people would of brought it then with probably a massive reduction in price. The only problem I have so far apart from graphical glitches is the text but if I was in the same boat as the OP I'd be Peeved and complaining

Expectations are wrong if you expect everything to be fine with a game like this at launch. Overall it was a smooth launch, not too many problems. For a game bigger than Skyrim, that is saying something. It will only get better, and I would prefer them to be focussed on the fixes rather than keeping us updated every instance. As mentioned you either play now, expect a few bugs. Or wait at least six months by the time most if not all major issues will be resolved. Scale of the game has to be taken into consideration on purchase, and history of other games like this taken into account. Skyrim being a prime example, Playstation 3 owners had a torrid time. Multiple platforms, multiple issues. Report the bugs that is constructive, call them out for not updating you is a waste of time. Things happen when they happen and progress on other platforms is no way representative of this platform.

Expectations are wrong if you expect everything to be fine with a game like this at launch. Overall it was a smooth launch, not too many problems. For a game bigger than Skyrim, that is saying something. It will only get better, and I would prefer them to be focussed on the fixes rather than keeping us updated every instance. As mentioned you either play now, expect a few bugs. Or wait at least six months by the time most if not all major issues will be resolved. Scale of the game has to be taken into consideration on purchase, and history of other games like this taken into account. Skyrim being a prime example, Playstation 3 owners had a torrid time. Multiple platforms, multiple issues. Report the bugs that is constructive, call them out for not updating you is a waste of time. Things happen when they happen and progress on other platforms is no way representative of this platform.

It's not just some people that have game breaking glitches it's got to be in the 1000s going off from the amount of sales they probably have made. You do realise that if this was any other product from any other industry there would probably be a recall. It speaks volumes for the game industry now a days that you have to expect a £45+ game not to fully work for (in your estimate) for 6 months from when you buy it. Now I'm happy to wait to play it but I can so understand why people are so annoyed at CDPR.

Yea this is getting out of hand, they've gone silent again on a patch almost a week over due where console owners will have to wait another week after they finish it. This is ridiculous. Frequent communication would at least let us know they give a damn.

It's not just some people that have game breaking glitches it's got to be in the 1000s going off from the amount of sales they probably have made. You do realise that if this was any other product from any other industry there would probably be a recall. It speaks volumes for the game industry now a days that you have to expect a £45+ game not to fully work for (in your estimate) for 6 months from when you buy it. Now I'm happy to wait to play it but I can so understand why people are so annoyed at CDPR.

Game is massive and simultaneously released on three platforms. They have already issued a number of patches. Until something like this is released into the real world you are never going to know how things play out. Not saying you should be as lenient with other games, but RPG's are renown for their problems. With a game of this type, if want a bug free ride through the game you should wait and purchase GOTY edition or something. Otherwise, report the bugs and hope they are fixed within a reasonable time frame. And unlike other developers, especially of the MMO variety, just hope bugs don't soon become 'features' of the game.

---------- Updated at 12:56 PM ----------

Yea this is getting out of hand, they've gone silent again on a patch almost a week over due where console owners will have to wait another week after they finish it. This is ridiculous. Frequent communication would at least let us know they give a damn.

Sooner they focussed on fixing the bugs to be honest. They have probably gone dark because they are working hard on sorting things out. I appreciate that can be frustrating, but it's going to take as long as it takes.

They have released 3 patches in 3 weeks,so minus the xbox certifications thats damn good compared to any other company i seen.But people demanding or swearing or saying lawyers is just nonsence.Kids will be kids i guess

Here's a hard truth, this is the side of the forum for tech support, not your typical happy discussion that you'll see in other areas of the forum.

Here's another hard truth, we, on the Xbox One side of the tech support side of the forum, have not gotten said support.

Now, moving away from my sassy remarks, I'm in no way trying to turn the forum into my personal anger cave. In fact if you've check my forum post history, I've been VERY active in helping people out with fixing the "Save Bug Of Doom" (game crashes when loading saves + game crashes when getting on the boat to Skellige).

As far as releasing the game, I'm happy they did. I'm enjoying the game (yes, I've had it bug free after I fixed the Save Bug of Doom). What I would love is for others to enjoy it as much as I am. Now I understand that a "minority" of players are having bug issues, but that is still no excuse to not give them even a small heads up like, "Hey, the patch has been delayed due to unforeseen issues. We hope to have it out by the end of the week." Even saying it would take another week would be fine... the time frame doesn't matter. What does matter, like I've said, is communication.

They have released 3 patches in 3 weeks,so minus the xbox certifications thats damn good compared to any other company i seen.But people demanding or swearing or saying lawyers is just nonsence.Kids will be kids i guess

For Xbox One, they've released 1 patch (if you aren't counting the day 1 patch that every single game has). They skipped 1.02 and gave us 1.03. The whole lawyer thing is ridiculous, something I've not put my support in. All I would like from CDPR is for them to communicate with their customer base on the Xbox One side, something they promised they'd work on in earlier forum posts.

Here's a hard truth, this is the side of the forum for tech support, not your typical happy discussion that you'll see in other areas of the forum.

Here's another hard truth, we, on the Xbox One side of the tech support side of the forum, have not gotten said support.

Now, moving away from my sassy remarks, I'm in no way trying to turn the forum into my personal anger cave. In fact if you've check my forum post history, I've been VERY active in helping people out with fixing the "Save Bug Of Doom" (game crashes when loading saves + game crashes when getting on the boat to Skellige).

As far as releasing the game, I'm happy they did. I'm enjoying the game (yes, I've had it bug free after I fixed the Save Bug of Doom). What I would love is for others to enjoy it as much as I am. Now I understand that a "minority" of players are having bug issues, but that is still no excuse to not give them even a small heads up like, "Hey, the patch has been delayed due to unforeseen issues. We hope to have it out by the end of the week." Even saying it would take another week would be fine... the time frame doesn't matter. What does matter, like I've said, is communication.

For Xbox One, they've released 1 patch (if you aren't counting the day 1 patch that every single game has). They skipped 1.02 and gave us 1.03. The whole lawyer thing is ridiculous, something I've not put my support in. All I would like from CDPR is for them to communicate with their customer base on the Xbox One side, something they promised they'd work on in earlier forum posts.

i put the lawyer thing on there to see if they would care but they just don t give a damn about it. either way i live in another country so that wouldnt work

---------- Updated at 05:12 PM ----------

i put the lawyer thing on there to see if they would care but they just don t give a damn about it. either way i live in another country so that wouldnt work

---------- Updated at 05:21 PM ----------

and no one is saying about the job they have done. The point to all this is they sold a game with a problem. and listen ham i have been here for the past week and people are saying hey theres a problem here another problem here when are they going to fix it all they say upcoming patches do this but no date and not only that no one is responding to the issue. The thing is we gamers have to solve the puzzles i mean if you look zeke has been the only one on here telling people what to do on the save patches hes not part of the company thats terrible that a gamer of the witcher is telling how to fix a problem that they are the ones responsible for it. They sold a game with a problem and they havent fixed it they have to wait for us clients to find the issue and start complaining about it thats just wrong.

---------- Updated at 05:22 PM ----------

and no one is saying about the job they have done. The point to all this is they sold a game with a problem. and listen ham i have been here for the past week and people are saying hey theres a problem here another problem here when are they going to fix it all they say upcoming patches do this but no date and not only that no one is responding to the issue. The thing is we gamers have to solve the puzzles i mean if you look zeke has been the only one on here telling people what to do on the save patches hes not part of the company thats terrible that a gamer of the witcher is telling how to fix a problem that they are the ones responsible for it. They sold a game with a problem and they havent fixed it they have to wait for us clients to find the issue and start complaining about it thats just wrong.

funny thing about all the anger is most company's that do "Single player" games dont figure they need people to get on forums to do this sort if thing that more of a mmo thing so them staying quiet as a mouse kinda understand it also i dont think really CDRED fault true they could be more vocal but as far as no patch yet THAT ALL MICROSOFT'S FUCK UP and i email them daily asking why they takening so long to let us patch are games

Sadly, a lot of fixes are going to be user fixes.

About all the communication you will get out of CDPR, typically, is "We're working on it".
That's all they can really say.

Evena patch timeline is a joke - you can't deadline problem solving.

I wish it were the other way.

Top Bottom